Card for Rumors

Moriko

What is the best card to trust for showing that rumors are being spread about the person in question?
Preferably not a reversal, but a card upright- It could also be a card combination. Queen of Swords?

IndigoWaves

The Magician is communicative, potentially very tricky and able to influence minds/perceptions... The 5 of Swords can indicate that someone's "playing dirty", which might include hurtful rumour-spreading... The 7 of Swords suggests cunning sneakiness and "getting away with something"... Swords court cards might show it, yes -- if "negative" or negatively-influenced by the Devil and/or previously noted cards; (the King seems more tight-lipped than the others, though). A really messed-up Hierophant might "lead" the thinking of others in such ways, too, and be very believable/seemingly trustworthy.

Barleywine

Page of Swords and 7 of Swords come to mind, especially if the rumors have an "edge" to them and aren't just idle gossip. Perhaps Page of Cups if the rumor-monger is just trying to be "clever."

Metafizzypop

Page of Wands has a big mouth, too.

I could see the 3 of Swords representing hurtful words.

Gwynydd

I've had the 7 of wands come up a lot for this

Grizabella

Normally I prefer to see multiple cards that, combined, will supply the message. In the case of rumors, the Page of Swords and Devil come to mind as suggesting rumors and juvenile behaviors like that.

headincloud

I read reversed so it's a lot easier for me but upright and negatively shadowed by other cards the page S, page W, Queen S, King S, magician, 5S, 7S, 10S, and hanged man rx is lies or upright and shadowed I guess. And the hierophant rx or negatively aspected.

skywatching

I've seen 7 of Swords and 3 of Cups combination to show someone spreading gossip around, almost like chinese whispers it passes from one person to the next

Also the combination of Page of Swords and 7 of Swords, but that more indicates a person that is very gossipy

Edited to add - the Page of Swords & 7 of swords can be eavesdropping on someones conversation and then running and telling what you've heard