8 swords, reversed

JennyM

How on earth would you interpret this is you got it for what someone wants from a relationship? Now, obviously nobody wants to be in the 8/Swords reversed position, right? OK, so, would you interpret that as...the person DOESN'T want to be like this? The person wants clarity let's say in the relationship...wants to know what to do....because right now they DON'T know what to do?

WalesWoman

There is an old country western song that sounds like 8 Swords Rx... "Don't fence me in."

So I would say this person wants a lot of personal freedom, not to have a lot of mental obligations or rules & regulations of what is ok and what is not, few restrictions, and definitely clarity, because it seems to me that the 8 Swords would be those unseen ulterior motives the other person in this relationship might have or that this person might be afraid they have.

JennyM

WalesWoman said:
There is an old country western song that sounds like 8 Swords Rx... "Don't fence me in."

So I would say this person wants a lot of personal freedom, not to have a lot of mental obligations or rules & regulations of what is ok and what is not, few restrictions, and definitely clarity, because it seems to me that the 8 Swords would be those unseen ulterior motives the other person in this relationship might have or that this person might be afraid they have.

So you would basically interpret the card as meaning its opposite. That's what I was thinking as well.

zach bender

I think it would be a mistake to rule out the possibility that the card is describing something that could become dysfunctional, for example (to take the position assignment literally): this person "wants the relationship to" somehow address her feelings of helplessness or restriction.

zb

jenessa

In reading thru this thread i just wanted to take a moment to comment >>> that BOTH WalesWoman & Zach's take on how to interpret this card, "within the context of its positional meaning" are VALID.

Excellent input & Kudos to you both/REGARDS jenessa

PS: Perhaps drawing a clarifier would enable you to see which interpretation would be more appropriate.

JennyM

Well, this isn't a clarifier...but the spread had a position called "How the other person feels"..and it was Lovers. So, just now I had the idea that the 8/Swords, reversed indicates that the person wants clarity...wants to know what to do. The person feels something....but it currently VERY confused..what to do? what to do? Oh my! HELP!! That sort of thing.

star-lover

the person wants an end to bad communication / stalemate / distance - they want to fix things even though they know its going to be difficult and at worst moments mike think its impossible - they dont like the position they are in because its making them miserable but at the same time do not really know what to do/how to go about it

a feeling of wanting a fresh start/release is there but they still need help from somewhere