7 of pentacles as outcome

BrightEye

starrystarrynight said:
I also try to remember when I get this card that tender vegetation can be over watered and over fertilized to the point of killing the plant that you so want to see flourish. I've destroyed more houseplants with root rot by killing them with kindness (too much water). This Seven of Pentacles, I think, reminds me not to do that. Back away a bit to live and let live.
thanks. i think this is very true in my case, although i stepped back a good while ago. maybe not long enough yet.

GoddessArtemis

starrystarrynight said:
So, as an outcome card, it may just be a reminder that for the scope of this particular reading, the outcome is that there is no outcome yet--the thing is still growing at it's own pace. In that way, it would give me the feeling that, as I said in my last paragraph, this card might be a reminder not to try to control that which you cannot control. It won't help things...and may harm them unwittingly.
Ever so true, starrystarrynight. I've killed houseplants the same way..and trying to not control situations where you have an investment (which is a 7 of Pentacles theme, too), is very hard. You can't help but think, "But this situation and its outcome affects me, MY life, too! I ought to have a say". But not always, it seems. Sometimes, esp in relationships where there are other people...you have to do what YOU can and let them do their part. If they don't, that's when you cut your losses and go on, as hard as that is.

GA

BrightEye

GoddessArtemis said:
you have to do what YOU can and let them do their part. If they don't, that's when you cut your losses and go on, as hard as that is.
is the card perhaps telling me to do that already?

GoddessArtemis

Cards don't really tell you what to do; they just show you the energy of things as they are. The only thing is if they're somehow speaking to your subconscious and you're suddenly feeling that it's best if you did choose that route.

Otherwise, I'd still just wait and see for now..unless you feel it's right to cut your losses.

GA

zach bender

keeping in mind that the seven is related to (7) chariot, which is all about decisiveness and control, so while seven pentacles describes waiting and allowing things to unfold, it is also, as a pentacle, about practicality and capability, so there is a flavor of watchfulness and readiness to intervene in there somewhere.

zb

WalesWoman

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but seen as an outcome, then I might interpret this as there is nothing more I can do to hurry the situation or force my will on it. It's just going to happen the way it happens and it won't matter what I want at all, I just have to let go and have faith that I have done everything humanly possible to create the best environment, given my best to nurture it and let it happen of it's own accord.

In other words, Let Go and Let God, it's out of my hands.

goddessof1967

GoddessArtemis said:
I do think it means either waiting to see what grows, or just cutting your losses. GA
This is pretty much what the Mythic 7 Pents means. The 'wait and see' option is often staying with the devil you know.

7's are about struggle and I see this one and the 7 Cups as being about choice as well. The 7 Pents in Mythic is about choosing between what you already know and love/hate or going for a completely new and different option whilst you struggle on the inside about what move to make, if any.

GoddessArtemis

goddessof1967 said:
The 7 Pents in Mythic is about choosing between what you already know and love/hate or going for a completely new and different option whilst you struggle on the inside about what move to make, if any.
Oh, how I dislike this type of a choice. Basically, you can either stick with what you know, even if it makes you not so thrilled...or take a chance that something better may exist "out there" and get out of the situation. Some choice, eh? :bugeyed:

In some ways, waiting can be more painful...so you have to use this 'waiting' period as a time of 'rest' from the the hard work you've put in. If things 'grow' in your favor, then you have renewed energy to devote to the task (as in the effort being put into the 8 of Pentacles). If things wither away, then you've renewed yourself for YOU and can invest in something entirely different--and hopefully more worthwhile.

Still, some choice. Frustrating, I know..

GA

goddessof1967

GoddessArtemis said:
Oh, how I dislike this type of a choice. Basically, you can either stick with what you know, even if it makes you not so thrilled...or take a chance that something better may exist "out there" and get out of the situation. Some choice, eh? :bugeyed: GA
:laugh: yeeaahhh thats about it.......