Cosmic Tarot, 6 of pentacles

paradoxx

A man in a pink shirt and blue jeans stands atop of a rocky prepiece, there are birds in flight in the background, and the moon hangs overhead.

http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/pents/sixofpents.html

This is a simple card for a simple interpreation, and very far away from the rider-waite imagry. This man is at his peak, his energy is radiating from him, he is in the right place and the right time, the world and moon are on his side.

star-lover

i agree - its a very positive card that makes you smile

look at the growth under his feet - greenery flowers - hes got to the top of this cliff/mountain and standing there to say something - as if he is using his lessons/gifts of the past to communnicate something - hes standing on fertile ground to preach to others that life is good - saying the whole world is yours - the pentacles look like planets in the sky

hes giving back a message of goodwill to others - something like all the best things in life are free?

tink27

star-lover said:
i agree - its a very positive card that makes you smile

look at the growth under his feet - greenery flowers - hes got to the top of this cliff/mountain and standing there to say something - as if he is using his lessons/gifts of the past to communnicate something - hes standing on fertile ground to preach to others that life is good - saying the whole world is yours - the pentacles look like planets in the sky

hes giving back a message of goodwill to others - something like all the best things in life are free?

This card does show goodwill to others....but how would we look at as an individual? Also, as I look at this card, I can't help but wonder if the 6 pentacles could possibly represent the different phases and fast moving cycles of the moon?

The Moon in this card definitely shows the horns of Taurus....hmm a very intense and sensuous energy...a beautiful time when all our senses are alive and strong! All these emphasize living in the moment! A time when we are uplifted by a new vision or a higher purpose.

The warning I see in this card is yes, follow your intuition but don't do it blindly or compulsively, one more step backwards and you could end up who knows where!

tink :love:

Papageno

I have to say that the man at the top of the hill (King of The Hill?) looks very "yuppy" and "preppy".

is this neccessarily a card indicating generosity and good will? I've always had a problem with the traditional meaning associated with this card in any deck. I think I agree with the signifance of the lunar cycle. my gut says the success may be fleeting. there is a warning lurking somewhere in this card.

maybe this card is saying that the good will, generosity can change and the successful man can change places with the begger, the roles can suddenly be reversed.

tink27

trismegistus said:
maybe this card is saying that the good will, generosity can change and the successful man can change places with the begger, the roles can suddenly be reversed.

Spot on trismegistus! The moon's phases are so fleeting....your thoughts have me thinking that there are different forms of balance and different outcomes resulting from each form. A very fragile state indeed that can fall out of balance very quickly!

Thank you!

tink :love:

cosmic_bubble

It reminds me of the The Fool (from the same deck)for some reason... I'll have to take a closer look when I get home from work :) It might be the fact that both are close to the edge of a hill/cliff, and both are juggling.

Arania

In most decks, this card to me is generosity due to helpers syndrome, or wanting to be regarded as a person of charity. In this case, it is more the "look what i have achieved" view, without really sharing, to me.

Myrrha

A man stands on a pinnacle holding his arms up to the sky in a gesture of delight and well-being. Pentacles form an arc from one hand to the others and in the middle is the moon. The astrological attribution is Moon in Taurus and the title is Success. The position of the man's arms is similar to the horns of the Taurus glyph.

The Moon has to do with change and changeableness. It is not a robust energy and likes to be sheltered from the stress and strain of life. In modern terms it has to do with the inner life and the unconscious. The Moon is exalted in the fixed earth sign Taurus. I imagine the Moon feels safe there, and because she is concerned with feelings, desire, and the inner life feels at home with sensual Taurus.

The moon is a fast moving planet, going through the whole zodiac every month, and also changes her form every few days in a cycle. Because of this her primary attribute is change. If it weren't for kabbalah this card might have been called "The Lord of Temporary Success".

The Six of Pentacles, like all the Sixes, is in the sphere of Tipareth and somehow this very positive (and solar?) influence mitigates the changeableness of the Moon and we are left with "Success". A very positive card.

The man looks conscious of his success, and happy about it but I don't see anything gloating or defensive in his attitude. His arms are wide leaving his chest open.

Lon Milo Duquette says that in a reading this card can help the surrounding cards manifest their qualities in material reality. He was referring to the Thoth Tarot but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same in the Cosmic Tarot where at least the Minor Arcana is largely based on the Thoth.

Madame Squee

tink27 said:
<snip>The Moon in this card definitely shows the horns of Taurus....hmm a very intense and sensuous energy...a beautiful time when all our senses are alive and strong! All these emphasize living in the moment! A time when we are uplifted by a new vision or a higher purpose. <snip>
Yes! It appears to me that Norbert Losche has done an outstanding job of weaving astrological symbols into his images.

Plus, every card is full of other details, which I suspect speak volumes, as well...

So, this morning, I'm focused on the handlebar moustache on this gentleman. Why is it there? What idea does it convey beyond the notion of manhood?

I'll be back when I have something besides questions...

ETA:

Okay, here's a thought: could this moustache be a reference to Sabian symbols? Here's where I get this idea:

http://sabiansymbols.astrologyweekly.com/name.php

Type in MOUSTACHE, and this is what you get back:

"The letters in MOUSTACHE sum up to 33.

The Sabian Symbol associated with this number is:

STEPS UP TO A LAWN BLOOMING WITH CLOVER.
= Sabian Symbol for 3º Taurus"

Taurus. Interesting, huh? I know nothing about Sabian symbols... this could be the beginning of an adventure!

sapienza

What an interesting site. Thanks for the link.