IRONWING Study Group - Index

Hemera

I have had this deck for some weeks now, maybe about a month. I´ve been getting to know it and carrying it with me everywhere. Last week I did my first serious reading with it. It was amazingly accurate and gave me lots to think about. This is an amazing deck..Probably the best I´ve ever had..

Satori

Thanks to the Trade Train and our lovely Hemera I am now a proud owner of the Ironwing. It is breathtaking. I actually felt a bit...spacey when I went through the cards for the first time. Sort of knocked me off my feet.

I love that people are coloring it. I don't really trust myself to do it, but I am thinking of doing something else to mine. A trim. :bugeyed:

Hemera, did you trim yours? The borders are very white and thick. The scans on AT show the deck with out the borders!! And I love the way it pops without the borders, and I am have been a bit negative about trimmed decks, but, my Druidcraft, also from Hemera and the Train, is gorgeous.

Any thoughts on the trim vs no trim thing?

Debra

Hi Satori--happy new year!

I didn't end up coloring mine, but Mi-Shell did.

I am waiting for the full 78-card deck to arrive and I hope to be reading these commentaries on the cards. I'm a child of the suburbs, so these deeply natural images are a challenge to me.

Milfoil

I'm looking forward to taking a fresh look at this amazing deck. Where'd you want to start?

Mi-Shell

Hi Satori!
Great to see you here!
I just hope Hemera still has her deck!

I will have to post another thing on the Magician...
It is not easy to write about visions......

Debra! Where do you want to continue??

Debra

Let's do it here in this Study Group forum on AT.

Mi-Shell

Ok! With what cards???

Debra

Darn it Mi-Shell, you're all bright eyed and bushy-tailed and ready to go and I'm about to lay down on the sofa for a little nap!

Magpie9 and I talked about doing something different--starting with the MINORS and maybe doing four at a time: All the Aces, Twos, Threes, etc--that would be 16 topics--and then dealing later with the Majors. How does that sound to everyone else? As a way of making more rapid progress, that is...

Now. Off to nap! I'll send Magpie a link to this thread and if anyone remembers others interested in the deck, maybe you could do the same with a pm to them!

magpie9

:bugeyed:Somebody Said Ironwing Study Group? Minors are good, or we could start with the majors, going backward from The World....that way we could still use the old threads from the last time we tried this? We did 't get very far, as I recall, but starting again at the Fool seems like wasted re-effort.
Lemmie know if this makes any sense....but yeah, lets do the Ironwing, I don't think I'll ever really understand this deck entirely on my own, and I suspect I'm not alone in that.
So however peeps want to do it is fine with me, just so that we do it. :thumbsup:

Milfoil

What about alternating a major with a set of 4 minors so lets say - the Magician followed by the 4 Aces?

Refreshing to skip back and forth.

What do you all think?