COLOR, POSITION and PORTRAYAL Preferences

greatdane

Lovely Shadowdancer!

Well put! And that's exactly why I wanted to start this thread. Not to say anyone should read or see an image a certain way, but how they liked to read and what they liked to see in cards :)).

I am like you in that I don't pay attention if the Bear is facing left, right or just in the center. I just want to see a BEAR. For those who like a direction or pay attention if it IS facing in a direction, not just looking straight forward, that's cool too.

IF a card strays way off the beaten path to me, like there is a big world globe and a little cloud behind it for the Clouds, not optimal for me. I don't really care if there is a scene, but I want the card image to be the most visible. So....just the image, or some background, don't care, I have decks from the very simple to more elaborate, but I know what each card is instantly.

Village Witch

I do like the man and woman to face opposite directions, but that is just preference. If man is to the left of woman, and is linked to the past, I cannot then take into account which way he is facing. You can't have it both ways (if that makes sense).

We all have different styles which makes this world of Lenormand a wonderful one to behold.

I'll say it again... I love this forum. I love learning different styles of reading. I love hearing both sides and having an opportunity to think them through and try them out to see what resonates with me. I love people taking the time to share and explain their styles of reading and why. I so appreciate posts like this. Thank you. :)

greatdane

Layouts, size of spread may also affect what we look for

I love three card layouts for the type of readings I do, but if someone primarily does GT's, I can see where they may wish for different or more types of detail, which way something is facing, etc. I don't KNOW if this is true, I am just saying maybe this could be the case, maybe not. Even if someone is just pulling two cards, they may care about color of animals, which way cards are facing. I just find it all interesting how we all view the cards and I love that whatever works for us, works for us :)).