EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

rwcarter

Someone hasn't been reading all the stuff that's been posted in the thread in the last year.... I posted on that in post 137.... :D

dangerdork

rwcarter said:
Someone hasn't been reading all the stuff that's been posted in the thread in the last year.... I posted on that in post 137.... :D

Dude that was a LONG post and specific to you... all you said, in passing, was:

rwcarter said:
...that's 3 Hidden Path cards, but basically wherever one of these cards lands, the other two will also land.

I guess what you seem to understand instinctively struck me as a big deal. Ah, well, I have a lot of catching up to do.

rwcarter

dangerdork, I'm just giving you grief for staying away from us so long. :D

True, if I hadn't worked through the Tarot Constellations book first and made that realization on my own, I probably would've been shouting it from the rooftops myself....

Rodney

cardlady22

I'm combing through this thread with great interest. I am very new to tarot, but I like structure so this will be a great tool for me to get to know my decks and experiment with the info I've stumbled across regarding trump ordering.

rwcarter

welcome to the fun cardlady22!

Rodney

Morwenna

I haven't read this whole thread yet but I was directed to the beginning and I just love this grid! Interestingly, most books I've seen have the 3X7 going the other way: cards 1-7, 8-14, and 15-21, with the parallel 3s relating to each other. It just goes to show how versatile Tarot is, and how much there is to learn from working with the symbols in combination. Well, if the Majors are the Fool's Journey, i.e. Life, certainly life is complex, and so is the possible number of combinations of cards and their relationship to each other!

It's one reason we're all here, isn't it? :)

rwcarter

Morwenna,

I started a thread somewhere in this forum all about different layouts for studying the Major Arcana. I believe that all of the Majors should interrelate to one another in some way shape or form. It's just up to us to figure out how.

Rodney

Morwenna

Rodney,

That's the fun of it!

:) M.

rwcarter

Morwenna,

Exactly!

Rodney

Floss

Bumping this thread because it's FASCINATING reading... will post again when I've played with these ideas a bit ...