Lovin' My DruidCraft!! :)

sunflowr

I caved in and bought yet another deck as a Christmas present for myself. ;) Couldnt help it! I had a 30% off coupon at Borders, so what can I say???!! ;) All my gifts for everyone are all bought, and I've been a bit down and needed another pick me up. ;) I love the artwork of the Archeon (my last tarot purchase) but it's quite somber, even the cards I associate as happy. I'm sure I'll do readings from time to time but not as a regular deck. I also LOVE the Phantasmagoric (the deck purchase before Archeon) and do plan on using it for some readings.

Anyway... I had been eyeing the Druidcraft and the Animals Divine and decided on the Druidcraft because I love the artwork and it reads easily and I can use it with my tarot books.

Just wanted to say.. I am SO happy I chose this deck! This deck spoke to me right out of the box! I did a few impromptu readings and it seemed right on the money! Read my mind, how I'm feeling (8 of swords), and suggested what I need to do (Magician).

My only complaint is that the World card is a bit bent on one corner (came that way). Enough so that I worry it could affect where I cut the deck. I got it at Borders Bookstore and they dont have anymore of this set. Where can I email to get a replacement card? St Martins Press?

Some people complained that the backs werent all the same shade of brown. But mine are fine. :) Very little if any variation.

My favorite cards include: The Sun, The Star, Lovers, Fool (my soul card- and that face looks a tad bit like me! ;) ), 6 of cups, Princess of Pentacles. Well, those are the ones that I am remembering right now.

Can't make too much sense out of the 7 of swords, but he does look sneaky and shifty eyed. Is he cheating on his taxes?? ;)

Would love to hear from more fans of the deck.

Sophie

Yes, it's a wonderful deck. I've had it several months, and it's still a pleasure to read with it & study it.

Off-topic - how can the Fool be your soul card? I thought soul cards were numbered between 1 and 9, and anything above were personality cards? :confused: (this probably belongs to another thread). However I totally agree with you about that Fool, who looks energetic and full of the joys of morning on the road.

sunflowr

Helvetica said:
Yes, it's a wonderful deck. I've had it several months, and it's still a pleasure to read with it & study it.

Off-topic - how can the Fool be your soul card? I thought soul cards were numbered between 1 and 9, and anything above were personality cards? :confused: (this probably belongs to another thread). However I totally agree with you about that Fool, who looks energetic and full of the joys of morning on the road.

Well, some might say the Emperor is my soul card. But in "Tarot for Yourself", Mary Greer says that birthdates adding up to 22 have the Emperor as personality and Fool as soul card. And it really does seem to fit. :)

Sophie

sunflowr said:
Well, some might say the Emperor is my soul card. But in "Tarot for Yourself", Mary Greer says that birthdates adding up to 22 have the Emperor as personality and Fool as soul card. And it really does seem to fit. :)
LOL, so you have a bossy personality but inside are free and easy? ;)

What do you think of the DruidCraft Lord? Isn't he - meaningful? A very postive (and über-masculine) example of an Emperor!

sunflowr

Helvetica said:
LOL, so you have a bossy personality but inside are free and easy? ;)

What do you think of the DruidCraft Lord? Isn't he - meaningful? A very postive (and über-masculine) example of an Emperor!

Yea, it's crazy! ;) And actually the Emperor is what I can least identify with. I think I need more of that energy in my life though.

Yes, I love the Lord and Lady on this deck. :)

lunakasha

sunflowr said:
My only complaint is that the World card is a bit bent on one corner (came that way). Enough so that I worry it could affect where I cut the deck. I got it at Borders Bookstore and they dont have anymore of this set. Where can I email to get a replacement card? St Martins Press?

Good luck with that.....:(

I emailed St. Martin's Press MANY times, asking them to please send me the three cards missing from my brand new Sharman-Caselli deck, and finally mailed them the extra cards along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
No response, not even an acknowledgement that they received it.
Evidently customer satisfaction is not at all important to these people.

Which is a shame....because it did make me think twice about ordering any more decks published by them, especially when I have heard so many positive accounts of other publishers going out of their way to replace lost or damaged cards. In my situation, the publisher was clearly at fault and they should have taken reponsibility.

I do hope that you will have better luck, and it wouldn't hurt to ask!

:) Luna

Sophie

Sunflwr - if you have no luck with St Martin's Press, why don't you try directly at OBOD, the Order of Bards, Oblates and Druids, in the British Isles - they are the original makers of the deck & OBOD's chief druid (?) is one of the creators. They might be able to help.

I agree with Sulis - the use & detail of the plants and nature generally (rocks, etc.) in this deck is what makes it so very special, so different from run-of-the-mill pagan decks. Will Worthington is a wonderful nature artist. For that reason I often use this deck with his Green Man Tree Oracle, and with the Druid Animal Oracle, by the same team of creators.

lark

I got a replacement card sent to me.
My 2 of Swords had a big red line through the middle of it.
If you look in your companion book on the page across from the contents....it says AN EDDiSON*SADD EDITION.
It's in the middle of the page after the ISBN and printing date.
There is a web site and an address, I shot off an email to the website
www.eddisonsadd.com
And I had a card delivered in the mail within 2 weeks.
And a nice email from them telling me it was on it's way. :)

sunflowr

lark said:
I got a replacement card sent to me.
My 2 of Swords had a big red line through the middle of it.
If you look in your companion book on the page across from the contents....it says AN EDDiSON*SADD EDITION.
It's in the middle of the page after the ISBN and printing date.
There is a web site and an address, I shot off an email to the website
www.eddisonsadd.com
And I had a card delivered in the mail within 2 weeks.
And a nice email from them telling me it was on it's way. :)

Ahhh thanks!!!! :)