The Mythic Tarot Deck..

Ambience

How does anyone find this deck. Does anyone have any suggestions for what my next deck should be. I first had the rider-waite, but found it un-inspiring in terms of the feel of the deck, to say the least, although it was my first, so i do love it anyway. The mythic tarot i'm using now, taps my intuition well. What other highly picturesque decks are available. I was thinking about Goddess guidence cards. Would these be a good next choice in any ones oppinion.

Thanks,
Love* & Light Janey x

Grizabella

What about Legend the Arthurian? I think you might get a lot out of that one. It's a lovely deck and has great depth, both in the art work and the legends it's based on.

Ambience

Thankyou

Thanks for the advice. I will have a look at it on Amazon and consider buying it in this week as a xmas pressie for myself,

Love & Light, Janey xx

Sophie

If you like the Mythic (as I do!), you will probably love the Fairytale Tarot, from magic-realism press (you can order direct from them, or from Amazon - it's quicker from them). The cards are BEAUTIFUL, and the book telling the stories - some well-known fairytales, some not so famous - complements it perfectly. It has quite a fan-base on this forum, well-deserved. Like the Mythic, it takes strong archetypal stories and weaves them with tarot.

Aulruna

Suggestions for decks

Hi Janey,

if you are looking for a goddess-related deck, I'd recommend Kris Waldherr's Goddess Tarot (www.goddesstarot.com).
The Goddess Guidance cards are more for meditation or drawing a daily card, and also there is artwork from many different artists included, which emphasizes the "stand-alone" feeling of the cards.

The Fairytale Tarot is also excellent, as is the Tarot of Prague from the same authors. Another very beautiful deck for the story-telling type of redings is the Tarot of the Animal Lords, with an anthropomorphous animals on every card.

If you like to stay closer to the Rider Waite symbolism, I find the Gilded Tarot visually stunning.

Cheers
Morwenna

Ambience

These decks are on my list!

Just to say thankyou so much for your advice.

These decks are now on my list to buy. I actually bought the gilded and was very happy with the deck, am very happy should i say. It's the best deck in my collection as far as i'm concerned now :) Should think it will take alot to top it hehe.

Anyways, Thanks again,
Love *& Light, Janey xx

Grizabella

Yes, the Gilded is a fantastic deck! I'm glad you got it. :)