three rabbits tarot

hannahma

I bought this on the internet recently.
See www.threerabbitstarot.co.uk/index.html

Oddly, they sell a tarot deck without posting any pictures of it.
I attach a few.
The Little White Book is actually a Large White Pamphlet, which modestly quotes "a satisfied family" as saying "We believe when new tarot readers combine this book with the Three Rabbits' Tarot Deck... they are holding probably the best beginners tarot resource in our World".

Er, no. the book is full of strange spelling and grammar errors. Sample: "The Moon shows two wolves baying at it. They represent a power tousle (sic) of conscious and unconscious minds. For most souls, uncertainty rains (sic) when the Moon trump appears, resulting in worng choices frequently being reached...." Man, makes my red-pencil fingers start to itch... if only they had hired a editor (me) who can read and write!

The pictures themselves are sometimes brilliant, sometimes mundane, often weirdly compressed by the computer imagine and usually so small, (on average sized cards with big fat white borders) that I cannot make out the details. Still, I find the deck really interesting, if not so fabulous as the creator believes it to be. There are keywords for both upright and reversed conditions, which probably would be a help to beginners.

Attachments

• 3rabbits002.jpg
    3rabbits002.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 3rabbits004.jpg
    3rabbits004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 3rabbits005.jpg
    3rabbits005.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 116
  • 3rabbits003.jpg
    3rabbits003.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 113

Lillie

I have seen this deck alot one Ebay.

But I could never see the cards properly!

They have this big weird discription, and I have always assumed that it was one persons 'home made' deck, that they were selling (often with a 'free gift')

But the discription never really told me what I wanted to know.
I'm glad to see a few at last.

What is the quality like?

To be honest, now I have seen them, they do not really appeal to me. But as someones hand made deck, I understand that making each one must be quite an undertaking. What with cutting the cards and everything.
So, more power to them.

Thanks for showing them, I have seen them at last!

Adam McLean

They are worth buying ! And are at a very low price. I bought their version printed on aluminium backed
thick card. It came in a nice little wooden box.
I know the printing method they use is quite poor and
they might not have mastered the computer graphics
program, but it is quite original and charmingly
naive. In a few years time, when this is no longer available you will regret not spending a few pounds,
euros or dollars on it now.

Adam McLean

hannahma

Re the quality; my cards arrived in a plain wooden box. They are stiff white pebbled paper/cardboard, not laminated--might get grubby with time, but very sharp and quite thick.

Lillie

Yes! I always thought they were very cheap for a self published deck.

All that work printing and cutting. And card isn't cheap!

Wether I ever get a deck or not, I do think it's a great thing they are doing.

They have done it, got it all together and got it out there, at a very reasonable price. Booklet and all.
It just shows that a self published deck does not have to cost a fortune.
I wish them well.

WolfSpirit

Thanks for the head-up. I like the Strength and the Moon (even if uncertainty "rains" ;)) When I looked at the website I could not believe £ 2.99 was the price of the self-made deck (that's the majors only but still).
I find both the deck and the website charming...certainly worth the money.

gregory

Oh dear....

...the 22 card AND the 78 card are on their way. Thanks for the enabling, guys..... :p

hannahma

gregory said:
Oh dear....

...the 22 card AND the 78 card are on their way. Thanks for the enabling, guys..... :p

Snicker...