Romanian Decks

SaintOfScreams

I'll probably be traveling to Romania in October to Bran, Bucharest, and Bugaslov, I'll be mostly in the Carpathian Mountains, what I'm inquiring is.. would anyone recommend some decks to pick up?

Adam McLean

I wish you luck. I have a Romanian friend who I keep hassling to find me any Romanian tarots. So far he has not turned anything up. There is a Romanian version of Tabatha Cicero's Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot. I am not sure if it was authorised, but one suspects not as it makes some changes to the card order, which one would not expect the Cicero's to agree with. Does anyone know the exact status of this deck ? You don't need to go to Romania to get this as Tarot Garden has copies.

There is an earlier tarot 'the Romanian Dream', but my friend has not found a copy for me yet.

You will probably find a few Tarock packs sold in markets and small shops, as apparently this is still played in Romania.

Owlface

Romanian Dream

I've tried for a while to find this deck online-a review at Tarot Passages gives an email address of someone in Romania who has (had) copies, but that link is no longer active. Shame-the deck looked interesting.

I wish you better luck in your search.

SaintOfScreams

Thank you both for your Blessings and suggestions. I will certainly look around for those!

I hope you find what you are looking for!

gregory

rylla, on e-bay, sometimes has the Romanian Dream.... That's where I got mine :D