Beginners query- reversed cards????

tarobones

Another System

Another system for reversals is a thread that is still going, from the book "Mastering the Tarot" by Paul Fenton-Smith. Here's the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=47484 Hope you enjoy it. The other thread link is also wonderful. BB, Michael

Celcius

I use this spread about once a week for personal reflection. I find that reading the reversals is important, because I watch where the reversals point too as well as their actual meanings.

2 - 3 - 4
8 - 1 - 9
5 - 6 - 7

where
1=me
2,3,4=PPF
5,6,7=MBS
8=obstacles
9=allies

For exaple a reversal in position 5 ("Mind") often says something to help understand my obstacle. What is occuring in my mind, and common sense, to block or hinder success in overcoming this obstacle (Pos 8 "Obstacles'). Likewise a reversal in position 2 ("Past") has often given me insight into the past influences that have contributed to this particular obstacle.

A reversal in position 4 ("Future") could indicate a person or circumstance I should look for in the next week who is considered an Ally, or offer some insight to who my allies are.

I look to the reversals, in this particular spread to help better understand the other cards' meanings.

Also, when in other spreads, I see a reversal, I take that as an indication that the card has a more deeper meaning than it's face value, and may take a little more intuition, and insight to understand. I usually spend a little more time looking at the card if it is reversed. A "more than meets the eye" indicator, so to speak.

Although, I'm a relative newbie myself, I still believe the reversals indicate something. It's never meaningless when a card shows up reversed, I just don't think it always takes the card's opposite. I believe it means I have to examine that card's meaning a little more closely in that spread.

ronin

about the spread

Hi,

I am complete newbie, learning a lot. when ever i see a reverse, the only thing that comes to my mind is the opposite meanings, thanks to this thread, it given me new ideas. btw which is the spread thats mentioned in the above message. and how to use it. please some indicator on that pls