De-Enabling Thread

rwcarter

Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old de-enabling thread has gotten bigger than that so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2062952

This thread is meant as a FUN THREAD.... Critical comments may be made here, but those comments shouldn't be taken as criticism. If you want to refute something stated in this thread, please do so in a thread specific to the particular deck. The intent of this thread is not to hurt anyone's feelings, so any hurtful or personally-directed comments will be removed without notice.

Please limit your de-enabling request(s) to a short list of decks. De-enabling requests that are directed at a company are not allowed in this thread.

Please put the title of the deck you're de-enabling in the title bar at the top of your post. It makes it much easier to see which deck is being discussed if you do that :).

As before, please stick to de-enabling.

This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.

Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and rwcarter - Tarot Decks co-moderators.

mentalista

So ancient Italian is the same lineart as Classic/Soprafino? I wasn't aware of that *goes to look at scans again*

Almost. It's a clone from about 50 years later; a good one, but there are minor differences. Classic has a few more details - like the ruffle on the sleeve of the hand holding the Ace of Wands has more detailed folds; the clouds covering the moon are positioned a little differently. The courts are a little different and the foliage on the pips isn't the same at all.

But it's basically the same pattern; sort of like the different variants of the Marseilles deck.

So: Soprafino with weird colors and keywords; slightly less spectacular Soprafino version; or Soprafino with no lamination.

For the best deck ever produced anywhere at any time on earth the options are all less than ideal.

Aerin

And as for the cardstock on the sun and moon, I really did think "Kelloggs" as I felt it. I'm convinced it is cardboard not cardstock. Ugh ugh ugh.

gregory

I say again - potatoes with keywords. WEIRD.

Cassandra022

ok, so def no lunatic; i am very close to being de-enabled on old english; in terms of classic...i agree, all are less than ideal indeed, but i looked up ancient italian vs. classic and realized i like classic's funky colors better, lol, and in minor art differences classic wins; and i dont think i can be de-enabled on the sun and moon, despite nasty cardstock, which i admit, sounds very off-putting indeed, but..every time i glance at the art...it wins me over all over again...and its quite cheap...

Cassandra022

gregory said:
I say again - potatoes with keywords. WEIRD.

but, but...they are such cute potatoes with their funny shoes and their dreaded hair and, and...i can strategically not look at the keyword??

gregory

Cassandra022 said:
ok, so def no lunatic; i am very close to being de-enabled on old english; in terms of classic...i agree, all are less than ideal indeed, but i looked up ancient italian vs. classic and realized i like classic's funky colors better, lol, and in minor art differences classic wins; and i dont think i can be de-enabled on the sun and moon, despite nasty cardstock, which i admit, sounds very off-putting indeed, but..every time i glance at the art...it wins me over all over again...and its quite cheap...
You do realise soon we shall have to slap you with wet fish. Money is not the issue here. It is a deck SO BAD that Aerin returned it. I have NEVER known her do anything like that in her LIFE. And it isn't as if you will be able to use it. The stock is so odd it cannot be shuffled (really. Try shuffling cut-outs from cornflakes packets before you even THINK about this one. Not easy, is it.) They stick and slide at random, they won't riffle, you can't smoosh them on the table in case the paint comes off....

If you WANT cards like that - draw your own potatoes on cereal packets. You won't even have the ghastly keywords then - and your fibre intake will be way up so you will have added HEALTH. Win-win ! :D

Cassandra022

gregory said:
You do realise soon we shall have to slap you with wet fish. Money is not the issue here. It is a deck SO BAD that Aerin returned it. I have NEVER known her do anything like that in her LIFE. And it isn't as if you will be able to use it. The stock is so odd it cannot be shuffled (really. Try shuffling cut-outs from cornflakes packets before you even THINK about this one. Not easy, is it.) They stick and slide at random, they won't riffle, you can't smoosh them on the table in case the paint comes off....

If you WANT cards like that - draw your own potatoes on cereal packets. You won't even have the ghastly keywords then - and your fibre intake will be way up so you will have added HEALTH. Win-win ! :D

why must you be so good at this? that sounds terrible...but i really love the art...gah!

*sits in a corner and gnaws on cardboard cereal box*

Aerin

gregory said:
You do realise soon we shall have to slap you with wet fish. Money is not the issue here. It is a deck SO BAD that Aerin returned it. I have NEVER known her do anything like that in her LIFE.

Exactly. It is the FIRST deck I have ever, ever rejected outright. I so wanted it. It is sooooo awful. The cardstock was the final nail in the coffin.

Ugh.

gregory

Cassandra022 said:
why must you be so good at this? that sounds terrible...but i really love the art...gah!

*sits in a corner and gnaws on cardboard cereal box*
I said DRAW, not GNAW. :D And believe me - you do not want to end up like me. Wanna see my overdraft ??? :eek: