The star- love outcome

schwammyy

This discussion has been really interesting. For me, in a reading, I would have read it as a symbol to maintain hope and that faith was essential, but that the outcome was unknown. The true meaning of faith I guess, believing in something without concrete evidence. It's about mind set and perspective.
Interestingly though, as I read this, the very clear interp for me became "the one before the one." In my experience, when somebody has been hurt in love and retreats from it for a while in order to heal there is often a person who appears to open them back up to love. They are often short term, but they are special people bought to open us up again. Sort of like a reverse rebound. :)
They are a tangible reminder that love is possible and to believe again.

I have been single for a year now, and I am just sad about other things in my life in general. i am not the happiest person in the world right now, I think that is why I have to hold onto hope. I feel that it is true that it is very possible to rebound. However, that was something I made sure I didn't do. I have done other readings since, and from what I've gotten I need to develop into the Queen of Swords before I can find love. So quite possibly, it might end up working out but not for a very long time. I might need to work on myself before I work on that.

schwammyy

I just had an experience with the Star card last week -- and while things do remain TBD on the relationship front, an unforeseen circumstance came up and 'enlightened' the seeker to something deeper. Remember, the Star is physically pouring out unconditional love and light....
So shortly after the reading, my seeker found out her ex's father is dying of cancer (hers died of cancer many years ago). So again, not really the time for 'romance' ... but a time to lovingly reach out, which she did and he was grateful for. So maybe the Star is also reminding us to look up at the "bigger picture" and fully consider what it means to truly and constantly love yourself and others, faults and all.

I feel that this is true- I have very recently had a realization that I need to put time, energy, and focus into my own self love. I think this is nessecary before I can have a relationship, but only if I remain hopeful about things.

schwammyy

Since we are all talking about the star, I thought I might just put my two pennies here :) A couple who were trying for a kid via IVF once asked me what the outcome would be (I know, I am a rookie and I should not have taken on that question). That day, I felt like I'd to just use the pop-out method for them and when I was shuffling, the Star just fell out and I figured (wrongly, it turns out) that it was all systems go! and that they would have a positive outcome, as they had divine blessings too. (Isn't the star supposed to denote heavenly grace/divine blessings too?)

The procedure did not go well, and they were told that there might be severe complications. Why did I not see that? :( Maybe, I should just have gone deeper. Man, I'm so shame-faced now :-/

I wouldn't worry too much! The overall outcome has not yet occurred. Don't stress so much yet!

schwammyy

This is all very interesting, and I went to the source book for the deck I used for my Star reading: the Victoria Regina deck. The author's interpretation talks of 'emotional rebirth', and the woman who 'looks within for the strength to begin again' after past hurts.

'After painful experiences there is a temptation to withdraw into a self-protective shell and block out everything that might cause more hurt. The Star urges us to transcend suffering without denying it, to accept pain as a necessary part of life, and move on to the joy tht is every person's birthright'. She goes on: 'Time heals all wounds, and the Star looks to the future rather than live in the past'.

Although perhaps many tarot addicts have a tendency to live in the future rather than the past (or the present)?! If the Star is linked to the Tower, perhaps it takes into account that past hurt, accepts it, learns from it, and moves forward with openness, rather than fixing on an outcome. Which is perhaps a message to the querent, not to say that the thing they desire will or won't happen, but that they need to move forward into a limitless future with an open heart?

I really enjoy the way you worded that last advice. I need to move on, and not worry. However, I need to keep my heart and mind open.

schwammyy

At times I feel as if the star, even upright (mostly blocked and reversed), can represent the giving up of hoping. Wishing for something, but in the back of your mind knowing that it either is not good for you, or isn't going to happen and this is representative of that last bit of denial. That you can't sustain yourself and keep running on hope alone, you need some indication in reality as well if you're already down and out. Remember that the Star is still related to the time of night, and the illusions presented by the Moon.

Just to give you an update on this...you were correct. i always knew it was the wrong decision and bad for me. so because of that, i gave up.

Rosebud2012

If you keep getting the star springing up at you in a love reading it means the other person really likes you, almost idealizes you. Your interpretation of healing probably applies too.

Like Strength I don't think the Star has a negative meaning, if it does it's negligible. Take heart and have faith in your future!