Circle For Unorthodox Readers

Empath111

The clouds

THE CLOUDS
mystical

It looks angry, confused, contradictory. Mixed up emotions. Stress.

CLOUDS: clearing confusion. Secrets, burdens epiphany, revelations, gatherings, mystery, potential.
http://www.tarotteachings.com/cloud-meaning-in-tarot.html

SMOKE:-"To see smoke in your dream indicates some sort of trouble that is entering your life. You are suffering from confusion and anxiety. In particular, if the smoke is black, then it means that you are not seeing some situation or problem clearly."

DRAGON:"To see a dragon in your dream represents your strong will and fiery personality. You tend to get carried away by your passion, which may lead you into trouble. You need to exercise some self-control.
In the eastern cultures, dragons are seen as spiritual creatures symbolizing good luck and fortune.
To dream that you are a dragon and breathing fire suggests that you are using your anger to get your own way." Dragon breathing fire=anger. Uncontrolled emotions is what I sense.

CARDINAL: The bird is clearly angry- spiteful/fighting with the dragon. The dragon's spitting out fire (dark smoke) at the bird. The monkey seems calm and somewhat oblivious. "To see a cardinal in your dream represents vitality and happiness. It also may mean being in first place or your position at the front."

MONKEY: "To see a monkey in your dream symbolizes deceit, insight and intuition. Those around you are working to advance their own interest. Alternatively, monkeys indicate an immature attitude, a playful nature and the mischievous side of your personality." Seeing this monkey holding a ball of yarn is seems like he is playful, but so contradictory to the angry bird and fighting dragon.

YARN "To see yarn in your dream symbolizes your connection and creativity. Alternatively, yarn in your dream means that you are stuck in a rut. You are going about your daily life in the same old tired pattern. If the yarn is tangled and knotted, then it implies that you are experiencing some emotional distress or confusion in a situation."

BEACH/WATER/OCEAN:"To see the beach in your dream symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual." Another emotional card- confusion/irrationality/mental unsteadiness.

So I don't plagiarize: ;)
Most came from this site. i don't have enough symbolism knowledge - so I am finding looking things up very helpful. Then I try to throw in an intuitive touch or something I might see.
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s3.htm

General meaning; It looks angry, confused, contradictory. The bird and the dragon seem to be going at it. The white fluffy clouds versus black smoke. The harshness of the dragon and the peacefulness of the serene beach. Much of the findings above lead to states of confusion, difficulty with emotions or mental state. The contradictions may be considered feeling pulled into different directions. Fluctuations. Mental illness difficulties.

Sense of card: When I put my hand over it I sense a swirly feeling in my head that makes me feel ungrounded/flighty.

Numerology/Astrology: 6 - harmonious, flaws upsets (6). image on top right looks like a devil's pitchfork to me. ? OK, googling and researching: trident. ? As Neptune moves in Pisces? Symbol of Neptune. God of the sea, ruler of pisces. Dreams, psychic receptivity, illusions and confusion.

Finances: Fluctuations. Contradictions (maybe like someone who went bankrupt but still wears nice suits and appears well-off outwardly). Perhaps getting money from deceiving ways - ie - cheating on taxes.

Career: Stumped. Someone unsure of "what they want to be when they grow up". Perhaps due to the feelings of mental imbalance..psychiatrists/psychologists. But not sure if that fits. I feel it is a bumpy career - switching of jobs..trying to find one that fits...but really aimless.

Love: Not the best love card. Confusion/illusions. Emotionally charged and irrational. Not using your head- only heart..and the end results are not in your favor.

Health: mental illness, emotional disturbances. Contradictions (maybe like something like bulimia- you eat and then you do what you have to do to be thin). or a diabetic taking extra insulin in order to eat what he/she wants. Just trying to think of examples.

Spiritually: I see the dragon has some quite important spiritual meanings - especially in the Chines zodiac. However, he is breathing fire/black smoke. More contradictions. So i may surmise that this is fluctuating states of spirituality-in a confused state- not sure which way to turn. For example I have seen people who were quite spiritual or religious lose their Faith after a tragedy in their lives (death of a loved one for example) and not sure which way to turn. Or perhaps someone who was raised in one religion and is seeking to find one that fits their needs more..but confused on which way to go.

Timing: Fluctuations of time. difficulty pinning it down. If anything- we'll go for 6. I feel 6 weeks. [/QUOTE]

Empath111

CN and LZ

I read through your "clouds" posts after I did mine. Quite a few differences, but I love to see the different views. i wanted to say I thought it was very cool about the positioning of the cards to the left or right- the card to the left more negative - and to the right more positive.
OH, and PS: I need glasses - I thought it was a cardinal instead of a parrot - and a ball of yarn instead of a ball! LOL

tarotlyn

:heart::) This is my version of the Clouds and the Snake cards...
(no i didn't read any of your previous posts in here...
so this will probably be very different than all of yours)
Plus i have not received my my Mystical cards yet.
(...they are in the mail! :thumbsup: )

My Study Through May 25th, 2012 = 6. Clouds and 7. Snake

6. Clouds:
I see this card two ways:
1.) The 'darker' side of the Clouds = Obstacles, Setbacks, Delays, Uncertainty, Confusion,
Worry, Doubts, Fear. Puts a damper on the situation or card to its right, clouds
your insight about the card to the right.

2.) The 'lighter' side of the clouds = Clarity, Brightness, Vision, Understanding, Things
working out. Being able to see cleary or understand the card to its right.

These meanings are basically 'off the top of my head'...not tarot...but my thoughts, so if
i get it wrong...i don't know...just remember that i am learning here and i plan to get
better at this eventually!

*HEALTH:
Confusion and worry regarding health issues, especially affecting your lungs, caused by
smoking.
Could be a health setback. Or just getting a cold and feeling under the weather. Also could
be dust that brings on an asthma attack. Emphysema could also be a problem as well.
Clouds mostly have to do with lung problems or issues...maybe just 'congestion' from a cold.

BRIGHT side of the clouds: could indicate a clearing of that lung problem or congestion.

*FINANCES:
There is some worry or setback regaring your earnings/income. Maybe you are or will
be unsure of being able to pay your bills. Maybe there is confusion as to why a certain
amount was deducted from your paycheck. At any rate, it doesn't look that great for finances.

BRIGHT side of the clouds: Things are looking brighter for your finances. You have a clear view
of how to make money or get money. No problems with finances. You will have enough
money for your needs.

*LOVE:
A setback in a relationship. Worried about something regarding your partner. If you
don't have one, maybe you are worried that you will never have...or at any rate, you may
feel doubtful about finding love. Or...you are confused about love and not really certain how
you feel about it or another person.

Or...Love is a problem for you because you just don't understand it. Not a good relationship
or not good to start one.

BRIGHT side of the cloud: You have great clarity and understand of what love is and how
you feel about it or a person in your life. It is 'all go' for love! LOL

*CAREER OR BIZ:
A setback or some kind some problem at work or with your work at home. There may be
a challenge right now that you just can't figure out how to handle. Plus you are worried
about that challenge. It is uncertain just how you will be able to see your way through a
muddled situation that has presented itself on the job or a project that you are working on.

*SPIRITUALITY:
Setback, obstacle, challenge or even doubting your faith in whatever the next card is
(to the right). Not being Spiritual. Confused or not sure how you feel about being Spiritual.
Confused about or can't see if there really is a Creator of this world. Maybe you doubt
religion and are an atheist.

Bright side of cloud: Being able to see cleary your belief in a Creator or religion, or your Spirituality.
Having a bright Spirit.

*TIMING:
hmmmm ...Clouds as timing...
It is the '6th' card, so 6 hours because clouds move very fast and have fast energy.
Dark side: Things can go from bad to worse within 6 hours to 1 day!
Light side: Things clearing up very quickly and should be okay within 6 hrs and before the day is up!
YAY! bright skys again :)

...the 7. Snake card is next (Yikes...my experinces with 'the' snake so far!!!:bugeyed: :laugh:)...

7. Snake:
(a Warning card) ...something very nasty!
Can be an evil, slithering, sneaky, enemy or rival that has or will try to back bite you or
harm you in some way. This person may use gile to charm you or lull you in before they hurt
or attack you. Of course then there is plain lying, jealousy, or betrayal They may even try
to sabotage something you are working on or are involved with.
Be on the lookout for them and don't trust them!
OR: sometimes it just indicates a very quiet, but smart and mysterious person...watch out
for them too! LOL (Don't let someone sell you on the wrong thing!)

The snake can also be positive in the sense that through the awfulness of it, it has or will
bring you 'deep' lessons or trials that you need for your Soul.

*HEALTH:
Problems and/or complications with your digestive system (intestines). 'Your' (inner) plumbing is plugged up?
(Constipated? or other?) ...just a thought that came to me...LOL

*FINANCES:
Your income may be jepordized by an unscrupulous person...maybe your BF or mate, or
friend for that matter, (or even a stranger online) could find out your banking (debit card)
numbers and drain your account! yes, i do have a great imagination...LOL
Anyway, there will be problems concertining your money, rescources, or income in such a
way that it will be unpredictable. It could be that someone lies to you and ends up not
paying you what they said they would.

*LOVE:
Ah...a 'cheating' person!!! Sneaky, slithering around behind your back and partaking of
another's bliss...plain old cheating!!!
OR: Someone in a relationship with you could be very jealous of you but they might keep
this to themselves. They are not to be trusted (once you find out who they are, of course.)

*CAREER OR BIZ:
Jealousies and betrayal on the job or in a business. This could involve female co-workers or
group members. Be careful who you trust. Beguiling and manipulative person at work or in
your biz or on your project or in your group.

*SPIRITUALITY:
i know a lot of people think of the snake as a deeping of Spiriutaliy and normally it is,
as it may bring much needed (but hurtful) lessons along with it. The snake as a 'person'
in your readings is probably not that Spiritual if they are that low to try to sabatoge you and
harm you in some way. I would say that they have 'slithered' OFF of their Spiritual path! :bugeyed:

*TIMING:
I find the snake to be very quick...darting sideways as fast as it can go...so like something
to watch out for (nasty something or someone) that happens in 7 hours? (Or even in mere minutes?)
It can or will disappeared QUICKLY back behind something :bugeyed:...So I think this snake
card is almost 'immediate'...it is either going on right now or will come about in the next say
7 days at the latest time.

:heart: Lyn

LadyZelda

7- The Snake

Not many symbols but so much to say about that Snake! So here it is:

7 - The Snake

Energy of the card:
I felt a very strong energy piercing me like knives, an heavy feeling in my throat chakra (same I feel when someone is trying to cheat me, to lie to me or about me), I felt like if I was chocking, like if I could not breathe easily, like when I am overstressed, I felt also an heaviness in my chest, with accelerated heart beats. I don’t know about you Empath, but this card felt not good at all and greatly disturbed me.

Symbolism

A rocky island:

This island looks like a little fortified kingdom (especially with the snake wearing a crown), it is made out of cliffs visibly all around even if we don’t see it all, and you expect this to be true. There is really no easy access to this island, no beach, to land nicely…the only thing I thought of is that you better stay away from it, because the only thing that must happen in its vicinity would be to be shipwreck against the cliff and not have any way to reach dry land! Without climbing equipment and skills there is nothing you can do but drown. Also, the currents seem strong around the island which reinforces the idea of being drawn to a crash. What I don’t like is the treachery of this island, from afar if you don’t pay attention to the cliff or if you think that “there must be a beach on the other side…” it could be attractive with that green grass on the top…it looks like the “icing on a cake” makes it look good and appealing but it is not the assurance that the cake is actually as delicious as it looks! Deceiving appearances is what comes to my mind.

The ocean:

Water again in that card and troubled waters with probably lots of currents…makes me think of the feeling I had when sensing the energy of this card, disturbed emotions, stress, anxieties, worries…

Sun and Moon:

They are placed on each side of the snake and it makes me think that they represent “night and day” Like this snake is at it “day in day out” it won’t give you a rest. It will work at its schemes diligently and without ceasing until it accomplishes what it has in mind. Also that it doesn’t matter to it how long it would take, a full cycle, more cycles, doesn’t matter it will get you by wearing you down. And I think it says that it won’t let you breathe (like the feeling I had), it will harass you night and day, until you are so tired that you would fall in the trap. It disturbs you all day long and you can’t even recuperate, neither gather your strength at night to be able to brace another blow during the day. It makes me think also about another part of this snake’s strategy, it will succeed to fool you in “broad daylight” like these people who succeed to lie to you with a big smile, looking at you straight in the eyes, they sounds so truthful and trustworthy (sun/day)and are so skilled at it that most people don’t have a clue about it unless they hear the warning of their spirit….and this snake will also use hidden ways (moon/night), backstabbing you, plotting carefully without you noticing anything, keeping you in the “dark”.

The Snake with his crown and golden egg:

So here is the “villain”! It is not a specie that I recognize but I believe this is not important; for sure it is a poisonous snake because of the shape the artist has given to its head. Thus, that snake as nothing but evil intentions and is ready to put them in actions! Its thought life is as poisonous as its words. Look how it stands in the position to stab you….It wears a crown and I believe it feels confident and unchallengeable ruler of its little kingdom. It can scheme as much as it wants; it feels secure on its island no one is going to succeed to get it to make it pay for its crimes! It has no ethics, no shame and not one ounce of remorse, guilt, or troubled conscience. “The end justifies the means” that must be its motto! It is crafty, a con artist; it speaks with its “forked tongue”! It has words that cut life knives… Badmouthing, slandering, being such a skilled liar that its words sound like truth! It has the power to “hypnotize” you, to confuse you, seduce you, to trick you ever more so. It will try to influence you to be as bad as it is, suggesting the wrong kind of things, making the bad look good and the good look bad, to spoil your good habits, destroy any righteous value in your life, its advices will get you in trouble…. If you cross it, its vengeance will be dreadful.
It won’t back up from anything, won’t be bothered to stoop down low, if that can help it reach its goal. It will stab you in the back, walk over you if need be…It holds its golden egg close against its body, it has made its fortune out of crushing others under, of deceiving, backstabbing, others, etc…Also, it keeps its big golden well visible like if it wants to tempt you with it, like if it is a prop for a trap and once you come closer to try to get it, it strikes at you!
I’m not sure if we can view the positive side of this symbol within this card. So the “healing” symbolism found as an emblem for pharmacist, for medicine, and being shown in the Bible, when God tells Moses to make a bronze snake and that anyone who would look up to it would be healed. The creativity and fertility, the transformation, death and rebirth meaning (like in the Tarot), flexibility (there are a lot of snakes where I live and many time they succeed to survive because of the flexibility of their body, people would run over them and they would be able to remain alive! They can squeeze themselves in tiny space). The fact that snakes are useful to keep the rodent population under control; its spiritual and divine connotation like the principal of the feminine spiritual energy, and the symbol of the Goddess…I guess they would not apply here or maybe just in some degrees if surrounded by positive cards???

Zodiac sign: Scorpio (Right upper corner)

This will more apply to a positive side of the snake than the negative…so I don’t know maybe it is a reminder again by the artist that nothing is ever black or white, that even “negative cards” are not 100% negative….you can turn things around and can find a positive side in any situation; like just the fact that the Oracle has just opened your eyes and warned you about that “snake” so you can take action and it won’t bit you or if it does it won’t be as bad you’ll be able to work it out…
Scorpio denotes sensitivity, self-reliance, ability to adapt oneself, strong will power and setting up of goals…Tarot wise, it is linked to the Death card….

General meaning:

For me the keyword here is: Watch out!

So be on your guard, hold on to what you know is true and right, be careful who you confide with, watch your back, weight your words (they could be turned against you), open your eyes, look pass the “golden” appearance…”not everything that shines is gold”, “if it is too good to be true, it’s because it is!”, “an apple candy looks good even when it has maggots in its core!”, hypocrisy, “2 face people”, dishonesty, do some soul searching what is wrong in your life, a “rocky” path, troubles, difficulties, deceptions, worries, heartaches, manipulations are ahead of you! Watch out where you are stepping, there are quicksand around you! You are on dangerous ground, remain on the alert…Malevolent person that is in your acquaintances or you’re about to meet.
I see this card as an alarm resounding, as a big red light flashing! It’s time to take cover, to look behind the veil, to brace yourself, put on the armor, pull out your sword, sleep with one eye open!

Health:

Watch out when picking out a restaurant, watch out that the food you plan to eat isn’t spoiled, food poisoning threat, virus threat, don’t expose yourself to disease, make sure what you touch is sanitary. You are at risk to deal with one of those tricky illnesses, which symptoms are deceiving, leading everyone on a wild goose chase, looks like a certain disease while being another. Get a second diagnostic, watch out which doctor you pick as he might be out to reap you off by making a mountain out of a molehill! Time to do a checkup, you might feel perfectly fine but there is something amiss inside of you, there is an inner problem that is not yet showing up but when it does it will be too late to deal with it the easy way…take care of it while it is in the “embryo” state. Sick holistic solution to your illness, search for “divine” healing…time to seek a “healer” instead of a conventional doctor.

Financial:

Rebalance your checkbook; watch out for debit card expenses that you didn’t write down….as you could end up with an overdraft! Watch out for schemes, for “get rich quick”, for con artist, for bad investments or bad financial advisors, crooks, don’t neglect to recount your change when the cashier hands it out to you! Make sure what you are about to buy is really a good deal. Watch out for junk made to look good with a very appealing price, it will not even be worth the price you paid. Don’t go for impulse buy, don’t fall into the temptation of tempering with good ethics to have what your wallet can’t afford, troubles that will result are not worth binding the law…Don’t cheat the IRS, you’ll be audited and they’ll find you out….don’t fall into greediness, don’t crush anyone to get more money, etc…

Love:

Watch out for articulated person, who are trying to hypnotize you with empty words, there is something wrong with the relationship you are in, your mate is lying to you, that person seems so charming but has only evil intentions, wants to take advantage of you, is playing with your feeling, abusing your love, treachery, adultery, manipulation, not there for who you are but for what you can give, say “I love you”, but stab you in the back each time the occasion rises, slanders you. False friend, deceitful relative, wicked person around you is about to cause you pain, etc….

Career:

Watch out for so called dream like job! You might get more than you bargain for, you are asked to compromise your ethics for the company you work for, or who is about to hire you. You are threatened to be fired unless you go along with a business scheme. You are asked to lie to customers, or other employees, or to forge, or use “off balance scales”, to cheat about the profit of the business you work for. Someone at work is slandering you, is ready to walk over you to get your position, is lying to get you fired, sexual harassment, you are underpaid for all that is demanded from you, etc…

Spiritual:

Watch out for cult leaders or recruiters, for spiritual crooks, “the robe doesn’t make the monk”, review what you believe, investigate who is your teacher, look for credentials before you drink the words of a so called spiritual leader, don’t be gullible, don’t believe or follow any spiritual belief or practices before checking on them, make sure it resonates with your spirit, spiritual teaching turning the wrong into right, the bad into good, look for the truth deep inside, listen to the voice of your conscience, stick to what you know deep inside is righteous, etc…

Timing:

I will say quickly, like a snake bite. Often times, you don’t have the time to react when a snake strikes! Suddenly comes to mind….If using the number on the card maybe 7 days? If using the zodiac sign on the card…October/November???

So that was my interpretation! Now, it's time to check what you found out ;)

Empath111

THE SNAKE - card #2. Week of 5/19

THE SNAKE
mystical

I am guessing the most negative card of all in the deck. Deceit, lies, trickery and caution. Even the "sun" in the picture isn't bright. He is holding onto that egg - looks like it might be the spawn of something evil emerging. LOL possessiveness. Actually, since the snake is holding an egg...likely a female?? Maybe going back to Adam and Eve, where the snake represents the devil and Eve is the tempter? Seems like he/she is alone on an island - the crown- making himself King - it doesn't feel to me that anyone "crowned" him- he is giving himself the title of reigning.

SNAKE: "To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality."
"Consequently, snakes span the symbolic bridge between lunar and solar associations as well as aspects between water and fire." - This could be why the sun is on one side, the moon on the other. (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/snake-symbolic-meaning.html)
The snake is a symbol of satan too.

CROWN:-The fact that the snake is wearing a crown reminds me of satan - the ruler of evil. I feel like the snake crowned him/herself. Power.

SUN/MOON:I think this represents the above quote - that the snake spans the bridge between lunar and solar associations. I think this might have to do with deceit. Showing one side (positive) but truly having a different quality or agenda (negative). ? "karmic balance" - walking the line between good an evil? Duality.

ISLAND: I think the fact that the snake is on an island further shows how powerful he/she feels they are. "It only takes one bad seed" comes to mind. Just one cane spread negativity- you do not need many. The snake feels so powerful that he/she feels they can do this on their own- crowned the king (self-proclaimed that is).

EGG In this case: Possessiveness. Protection over something that can be passed on as bad. This is how the negativity will be passed on - through its own.

General meaning; Deceit, lies, trickery, caution. Possessiveness. Can be sexual in nature. Sinning and temptations. ? female. I'm wondering if the snake shedding its skin has any meaning here - renewal- the only positive think i can think of. Or it could mean disguise- and fall under trickery. False fronts. Seducer - seems so attractive on the outside (looks/personality- whatever) but on the inside not so- ulterior motives. be careful. Can mean protective. So there is a duality to this card also - with the protective part.
"Two-faced".

Sense of card: gloom and doom - solar plexus - listen to your gut comes to mind- don't get seduced - follow your own feelings.

Numerology/Astrology: 7 - Loners. Scorpio sign (stinging?)

Finances: Deceitful ways of gaining money. stealing. embezzlement. Not reporting all to taxes. Or having to do with sexual ways to gain money- prostitution etc.

Career: Why is a lawyer coming to mind? LOL I have nothing against lawyers - but i just watched that movie "the Devil's Advocate". Defending someone you know is guilty. Illegal: Mafia, hitmen. Sexual: prostitution, strip club.

Love: seduction. Cheating. Lies - trying to get someone for sex and not love.

Health: Someone faking an illness: For example the malingerer trying to get a windfall from an injury.

Spiritually: Someone walking the line - trying to figure out which route to taker. Between right and wrong. Duality- deceiving oneself. Feeling you are doing the right thing when you know deep down you aren't Judging others. Hypocrisy. Be aware of "false Gods". caution.

Timing: November for Scorpio. 7th month- July. Something quick - like 7 days.

celticnoodle

6- The Clouds

Energy of the card:

I felt a wave of uneasiness, heaviness in my head, and then it was brushed away.

Symbolism

Clouds:

Clouds are linked with the divine, many divine beings come on a cloud! Kuan Yin/BM is often represented on a cloud, etc…therefore, clouds are messengers of the Spiritual realm, and the cloud that carries the dragon on this card makes me think that it is to tell us to “not worry”, everything is under control, don’t panic! Because these problems were set up for our greater good, for our spiritual growth, and we should embrace them as an opportunity to better ourself, to increase our knowledge! Turn what looks like “stumbling blocks” into “stepping stones”! Clouds speak to us just like our dreams if you pay attention and look up just like the monkey and parrot do! Clouds represents also our thought life, can be dark (with negative thoughts that are destructive instead of productive), can blur our thinking, so we are invited to pierce through them instead of relying on our physical distorted sight…If we are experiencing a “cloudy” situation we should seek insights and find out what it is all about (good time to use our oracle;)), the expression “having our head in the clouds”, tells us that one is a dreamer. And finally, I’ll say that clouds also represent “revelation” and with the dragon on this one, it is like suddenly, as a gift, you find out the answers!

OMG! I don't think I even mentioned the connection of clouds with the BM. I knew that. but, didn't put it, did I? Great LZ! I love how you gave all this information on the symbolism of the cloud. good job! :thumbsup:

Chinese Dragon:

Here, it is important to note that it is a “Chinese” dragon as they are quite different for the western dragons. Their symbolism is actually very positive. It speaks of happiness, of good luck, magic, hope, of wishes that come true, things will turn out for the better, prosperity, power to overcome problems until success, balance, protection against evil. Speaks also of adaption, transformation, which allows to cope with the problems we encounter; we see them as challenges and not as problems and make the best out of those situations.
The Chinese dragon rules the 5th sign of the Chinese zodiac, the symbol of the rising sun! (a dark cloud might be hovering over you, but the sun will soon take its place!). Seen also as divine, it is represented with the clouds. On this picture he blows out the dark cloud which for me tells us that any problem, set back, difficulties in our lives are controlled and are beneficial, they are there as lesson to help us grow while we go on with our journey; (they are created by a “good divine dragon”).

Yes, I love the Chinese dragon symbolism. It takes me back to when I was a kid and my family went with some friends to NYC. We went to China Town there, not realizing there was a huge festival that day. It turned out to be great fun, plus! I can still remember the dragon coming down the street and dancing and such--it was so beautiful and colorful. the whole parade was wonderful and fun. It is considered a good luck symbol, as we all learned that day. :)

Monkey:

The monkey symbol was also well chosen for the Clouds. He invites us to expect the unexpected, the forecast suddenly changes, and clouds are darkening our life. The monkey have the ability to keep their balance while swinging from branch to branch at diverse heights…this tells us to adapt ourselves with our situation and found balance to go through it. They are playful and do tricks that can fool people…even if they can imitate human beings they are still monkeys, so here again we have the aspect of appearance not being really true to reality. He can warn us not to get tricked by appearances. The monkeys are bold and confident and do not hesitate to “bite”, to attack if need be, his message for this card is “don’t worry about the clouds, take action! On the picture he and the parrot look up at the sky and what they see do not concern them, they look quite relaxed.

Parrot:

Symbol of illusion, the parrot can fool anyone very easily if one only hears what is said one can believe that a human has just spoken when in truth it was a parrot. Thus, appearances can be deceiving, also the parrot seems to be able to “speak” but it truly only can repeat what he hears. That links again to the message of the Clouds, telling us that the difficulties are not so bad, we should not get ourselves all worked up about them. In Feng Shui the parrot brings good news and attracts positive energy while repelling negative energy.

it really amazes me how the artist and creator of this deck selected all these symbols for us to give a deeper meaning to the cards message. I didn't know the Feng Shui piece of the parrot. interesting!

The beach:

Water, the ocean…represent diverse emotions, feelings, the fluctuation of both, the ups and downs. Also things always in movement and changes, while having also an effect of purification, life and its cycles the moon does control the tides, this give the idea that things don’t remain the same, if one’s sky is darkened by black clouds it is just temporary and it will pass.

Neptune Symbol: (Right upper corner)

This symbol of course is not only representing the planet but also the “god of the waters” also known as Poseidon. This matches well with the representation of the beach on the card. Neptune’s fate (being swallowed by his father Saturn and being trapped inside of him) indicates a set back before he became the ruler of the waters; which goes along with the message of this card “delay, some difficulties, problems, but it is just temporary”. The ups and downs of feelings, emotions, are also seen in Neptune who is just as the symbol of water. Imagination, dreams, intuition, insights as well as illusions are part of Neptune who rules the zodiac sign of the Pisces. This quite links with the clouds as one can “scry” the clouds, as they form symbols to the intuitive and imaginative mind. Also, the dark cloud can give the wrong impression at first; both clouds can mud our perception about a situation. Neptune also rule the Tarot card “The Hanged Man” and this card speaks about “delays” besides others things, just like the Clouds suggest.
OOH! learned something else about Neptune then. I had no idea it was ruler to the Hanged Man in tarot.
*making notes in tarot book too now!*

General meaning:

“The clouds” for me is not a plain positive card like the Clover, the house, but it is not a “negative” card either. It shows a mix of problem (dark cloud) and solution (the white one). I would read the combination according to which cloud touches which card. I will say that if the dark cloud touches a negative card it is a message that things are quite troublesome but as it is still a cloud, in due time it will pass. If it is the white cloud that touches a negative card I will say that we are encourage to keep a positive mind, reach up for answers and ways, and help to overcome the omen of that negative card. With a positive card by the dark cloud, IMO it would mean watch out trouble is heading your way, and with a positive card touching the white cloud would mean all will turn out for the best.
The clouds bring us a sign of worries, troubles, as well as insights and a change for the best. They speak of the ups and downs of our life, of the changes, and cycles, of the lessons we are supposed to learn and grow through them, of not being tricked by appearances and of keeping a positive attitude no matter what. Also, of seeking answers, controlling our emotions, accepting changes; of being patient when a cloud of delay is upon us, and look up toward days of good fortune.

Health:

In general, it is temporary trouble and nothing major. Depending of surrounding cards we are caught into an illness or getting out of it. Tells us also that we are worried, troubled and need to regain some confidence as well as control our emotions. It is not so bad as it looks.

Financial:

Some momentarily financial set back, little problems, a checkbook not well balanced, few bills that are to be paid and we don’t have quite the money for it, and might have to charge them on a credit card. Come down from your cloud and look into your financial situation, to clarify everything, time to face these little problems. Feeling of insecurity regarding our finances but on the other hand the white cloud with the dragon says that things will get better, just wait and see.

Love:

Misunderstanding, little conflict with loved ones, a relationship is not really clear don’t really know what to think…Again nothing major and it will pass. Look for insights and better days that are to come

Career:

Again nothing major but little annoyance at work or with one’s business. Things are not smooth, and some misunderstandings cloud our relationships with colleague/boss/customers. Little difficulties to overcome, set back we don’t get exactly what we were aiming for, some changes at work bother us. Can represent career where people do a lot of thinking, like analyst or psychiatrics.

Spiritual:

Time to search for answers, to go deeper, pierce the clouds, and get revelation, insight, an epiphany, meditation. By the dark cloud, our spiritual path is confusing, we are wondering about many things, not sure what to believe.

Timing:

Not long, things changing pretty fast, maybe just from a cycle to another. If using the #6 of the card I will tend toward 6 days or weeks.

great thoughts here! thank you, LZ

celticnoodle

THE CLOUDS
mystical

It looks angry, confused, contradictory. Mixed up emotions. Stress.

CLOUDS: clearing confusion. Secrets, burdens epiphany, revelations, gatherings, mystery, potential.
http://www.tarotteachings.com/cloud-meaning-in-tarot.html

SMOKE:-"To see smoke in your dream indicates some sort of trouble that is entering your life. You are suffering from confusion and anxiety. In particular, if the smoke is black, then it means that you are not seeing some situation or problem clearly."
very good point there!

DRAGON:"To see a dragon in your dream represents your strong will and fiery personality. You tend to get carried away by your passion, which may lead you into trouble. You need to exercise some self-control.
very good point on the dragon! :thumbsup:

In the eastern cultures, dragons are seen as spiritual creatures symbolizing good luck and fortune.
To dream that you are a dragon and breathing fire suggests that you are using your anger to get your own way." Dragon breathing fire=anger. Uncontrolled emotions is what I sense.

CARDINAL: The bird is clearly angry- spiteful/fighting with the dragon. The dragon's spitting out fire (dark smoke) at the bird. The monkey seems calm and somewhat oblivious. "To see a cardinal in your dream represents vitality and happiness. It also may mean being in first place or your position at the front."
:p I thought he looked rather pleasant! :laugh:

MONKEY: "To see a monkey in your dream symbolizes deceit, insight and intuition. Those around you are working to advance their own interest. Alternatively, monkeys indicate an immature attitude, a playful nature and the mischievous side of your personality." Seeing this monkey holding a ball of yarn is seems like he is playful, but so contradictory to the angry bird and fighting dragon.

YARN "To see yarn in your dream symbolizes your connection and creativity. Alternatively, yarn in your dream means that you are stuck in a rut. You are going about your daily life in the same old tired pattern. If the yarn is tangled and knotted, then it implies that you are experiencing some emotional distress or confusion in a situation."
and here, I thought it was fruit the monkey held. hmmmm...lol, guess I need these eyes examined FAST. :p

BEACH/WATER/OCEAN:"To see the beach in your dream symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual." Another emotional card- confusion/irrationality/mental unsteadiness.

Most came from this site. i don't have enough symbolism knowledge - so I am finding looking things up very helpful. Then I try to throw in an intuitive touch or something I might see.

General meaning; It looks angry, confused, contradictory. The bird and the dragon seem to be going at it. The white fluffy clouds versus black smoke. The harshness of the dragon and the peacefulness of the serene beach. Much of the findings above lead to states of confusion, difficulty with emotions or mental state. The contradictions may be considered feeling pulled into different directions. Fluctuations. Mental illness difficulties.

Sense of card: When I put my hand over it I sense a swirly feeling in my head that makes me feel ungrounded/flighty.
interesting!

Numerology/Astrology: 6 - harmonious, flaws upsets (6). image on top right looks like a devil's pitchfork to me. ? OK, googling and researching: trident. ? As Neptune moves in Pisces? Symbol of Neptune. God of the sea, ruler of pisces. Dreams, psychic receptivity, illusions and confusion.

Finances: Fluctuations. Contradictions (maybe like someone who went bankrupt but still wears nice suits and appears well-off outwardly). Perhaps getting money from deceiving ways - ie - cheating on taxes.

Career: Stumped. Someone unsure of "what they want to be when they grow up". Perhaps due to the feelings of mental imbalance..psychiatrists/psychologists. But not sure if that fits. I feel it is a bumpy career - switching of jobs..trying to find one that fits...but really aimless.
ooh yes. I can see this too. I esp. like the switching of jobs--as I can see that. Perhaps not being happy in the current job and trying to figure out what/where to change, or looking for the new job and not yet having any leads perhaps?

Love: Not the best love card. Confusion/illusions. Emotionally charged and irrational. Not using your head- only heart..and the end results are not in your favor.

Health: mental illness, emotional disturbances. Contradictions (maybe like something like bulimia- you eat and then you do what you have to do to be thin). or a diabetic taking extra insulin in order to eat what he/she wants. Just trying to think of examples.
I didn't even think of this. good one!

Spiritually: I see the dragon has some quite important spiritual meanings - especially in the Chines zodiac. However, he is breathing fire/black smoke. More contradictions. So i may surmise that this is fluctuating states of spirituality-in a confused state- not sure which way to turn. For example I have seen people who were quite spiritual or religious lose their Faith after a tragedy in their lives (death of a loved one for example) and not sure which way to turn. Or perhaps someone who was raised in one religion and is seeking to find one that fits their needs more..but confused on which way to go.

ah! see, our decks are slightly different, which would account for your angry looking bird and my pleasant looking one. :p My dragon is not breathing fire/black smoke. and, perhaps your monkey may be holding some yarn but mine IS holding fruit? :p who knows? lol.

Timing: Fluctuations of time. difficulty pinning it down. If anything- we'll go for 6. I feel 6 weeks.
[/QUOTE]
yes.

some great insights here too, Empath. Tarotlyn gave me the idea to print each of our thoughts out, which I plan to do, one of these days. some good ideas here!

celticnoodle

I read through your "clouds" posts after I did mine. Quite a few differences, but I love to see the different views. i wanted to say I thought it was very cool about the positioning of the cards to the left or right- the card to the left more negative - and to the right more positive.
OH, and PS: I need glasses - I thought it was a cardinal instead of a parrot - and a ball of yarn instead of a ball! LOL
ROFLMAO. I don't know if you need glasses or if I do! I couldn't tell what kind of bird it was, so left that open. just went w/the color and a basic knowledge of 'bird'. :laugh: and I didn't know what the monkey was holding either. I also like the different views. so, three different takes so far and three different ideas on that bird and just what the monkey is holding. I'm off to see what Tarotlyn thinks...........:p

celticnoodle

:heart::) This is my version of the Clouds and the Snake cards...
(no i didn't read any of your previous posts in here...
so this will probably be very different than all of yours)
Plus i have not received my my Mystical cards yet.
(...they are in the mail! :thumbsup: )

My Study Through May 25th, 2012 = 6. Clouds and 7. Snake

6. Clouds:
I see this card two ways:
1.) The 'darker' side of the Clouds = Obstacles, Setbacks, Delays, Uncertainty, Confusion,
Worry, Doubts, Fear. Puts a damper on the situation or card to its right, clouds
your insight about the card to the right.

2.) The 'lighter' side of the clouds = Clarity, Brightness, Vision, Understanding, Things
working out. Being able to see cleary or understand the card to its right.

These meanings are basically 'off the top of my head'...not tarot...but my thoughts, so if
i get it wrong...i don't know...just remember that i am learning here and i plan to get
better at this eventually!
well, I don't think there is any real right or wrong, Lyn. I feel the real meaning is totally up to the reader themselves. that is what actually makes for a great reader, what YOU see in each card. and, as you can tell from LZ, Empath and my thoughts so far, we all see a lot of similar things and then a lot of differences too. :)

*HEALTH:
Confusion and worry regarding health issues, especially affecting your lungs, caused by
smoking.
Could be a health setback. Or just getting a cold and feeling under the weather. Also could
be dust that brings on an asthma attack. Emphysema could also be a problem as well.
Clouds mostly have to do with lung problems or issues...maybe just 'congestion' from a cold.

BRIGHT side of the clouds: could indicate a clearing of that lung problem or congestion.
ooh! good point on smoking! I never thought of that! Saying it now, I could see lung cancer, as a result of smoking for this card. very good point!

*FINANCES:
There is some worry or setback regaring your earnings/income. Maybe you are or will
be unsure of being able to pay your bills. Maybe there is confusion as to why a certain
amount was deducted from your paycheck. At any rate, it doesn't look that great for finances.

BRIGHT side of the clouds: Things are looking brighter for your finances. You have a clear view
of how to make money or get money. No problems with finances. You will have enough
money for your needs.

*LOVE:
A setback in a relationship. Worried about something regarding your partner. If you
don't have one, maybe you are worried that you will never have...or at any rate, you may
feel doubtful about finding love. Or...you are confused about love and not really certain how
you feel about it or another person.

Or...Love is a problem for you because you just don't understand it. Not a good relationship
or not good to start one.

BRIGHT side of the cloud: You have great clarity and understand of what love is and how
you feel about it or a person in your life. It is 'all go' for love! LOL

*CAREER OR BIZ:
A setback or some kind some problem at work or with your work at home. There may be
a challenge right now that you just can't figure out how to handle. Plus you are worried
about that challenge. It is uncertain just how you will be able to see your way through a
muddled situation that has presented itself on the job or a project that you are working on.

*SPIRITUALITY:
Setback, obstacle, challenge or even doubting your faith in whatever the next card is
(to the right). Not being Spiritual. Confused or not sure how you feel about being Spiritual.
Confused about or can't see if there really is a Creator of this world. Maybe you doubt
religion and are an atheist.

Bright side of cloud: Being able to see cleary your belief in a Creator or religion, or your Spirituality.
Having a bright Spirit.

*TIMING:
hmmmm ...Clouds as timing...
It is the '6th' card, so 6 hours because clouds move very fast and have fast energy.
Dark side: Things can go from bad to worse within 6 hours to 1 day!
Light side: Things clearing up very quickly and should be okay within 6 hrs and before the day is up!
YAY! bright skys again :)

...the 7. Snake card is next (Yikes...my experinces with 'the' snake so far!!!:bugeyed: :laugh:)...

some great insights on the cloud card, Lyn! onto snake! :)

7. Snake:
(a Warning card) ...something very nasty!
Can be an evil, slithering, sneaky, enemy or rival that has or will try to back bite you or
harm you in some way. This person may use gile to charm you or lull you in before they hurt
or attack you. Of course then there is plain lying, jealousy, or betrayal They may even try
to sabotage something you are working on or are involved with.
Be on the lookout for them and don't trust them!
Yes, I felt the same way about this snake. sort of like the 7 of swords card in tarot-something amiss that is not good.

OR: sometimes it just indicates a very quiet, but smart and mysterious person...watch out
for them too! LOL (Don't let someone sell you on the wrong thing!)
ha! good point!!!

The snake can also be positive in the sense that through the awfulness of it, it has or will
bring you 'deep' lessons or trials that you need for your Soul.

*HEALTH:
Problems and/or complications with your digestive system (intestines). 'Your' (inner) plumbing is plugged up?
(Constipated? or other?) ...just a thought that came to me...LOL
:p LOL! very good thoughts though!

*FINANCES:
Your income may be jepordized by an unscrupulous person...maybe your BF or mate, or
friend for that matter, (or even a stranger online) could find out your banking (debit card)
numbers and drain your account! yes, i do have a great imagination...LOL
Anyway, there will be problems concertining your money, rescources, or income in such a
way that it will be unpredictable. It could be that someone lies to you and ends up not
paying you what they said they would.

*LOVE:
Ah...a 'cheating' person!!! Sneaky, slithering around behind your back and partaking of
another's bliss...plain old cheating!!!
OR: Someone in a relationship with you could be very jealous of you but they might keep
this to themselves. They are not to be trusted (once you find out who they are, of course.)

*CAREER OR BIZ:
Jealousies and betrayal on the job or in a business. This could involve female co-workers or
group members. Be careful who you trust. Beguiling and manipulative person at work or in
your biz or on your project or in your group.
can I ask why you thought female co-workers? I've worked for a lot of snakes--and the great majority of them were men! :mad: to the point that when I think of snake in an evil sense on the job, one of those men comes to mind! lol.

*SPIRITUALITY:
i know a lot of people think of the snake as a deeping of Spiriutaliy and normally it is,
as it may bring much needed (but hurtful) lessons along with it. The snake as a 'person'
in your readings is probably not that Spiritual if they are that low to try to sabatoge you and
harm you in some way. I would say that they have 'slithered' OFF of their Spiritual path! :bugeyed:
good point!

*TIMING:
I find the snake to be very quick...darting sideways as fast as it can go...so like something
to watch out for (nasty something or someone) that happens in 7 hours? (Or even in mere minutes?)
It can or will disappeared QUICKLY back behind something :bugeyed:...So I think this snake
card is almost 'immediate'...it is either going on right now or will come about in the next say
7 days at the latest time.

yes, very good point!

tarotlyn

well, I don't think there is any real right or wrong, Lyn. I feel the real meaning is totally up to the reader themselves. that is what actually makes for a great reader, what YOU see in each card. and, as you can tell from LZ, Empath and my thoughts so far, we all see a lot of similar things and then a lot of differences too. :)

ooh! good point on smoking! I never thought of that! Saying it now, I could see lung cancer, as a result of smoking for this card. very good point!

some great insights on the cloud card, Lyn! onto snake! :)

Yes, I felt the same way about this snake. sort of like the 7 of swords card in tarot-something amiss that is not good.

ha! good point!!!

:p LOL! very good thoughts though!

can I ask why you thought female co-workers? I've worked for a lot of snakes--and the great majority of them were men! :mad: to the point that when I think of snake in an evil sense on the job, one of those men comes to mind! lol.

good point!

yes, very good point!
:heart: Thanks CN for your feedback on my study :thumbsup: ...wasn't sure if we could
leave any or not here.

Yes, Clouds = lung cancer...good point yourself! Now i will always remember that because
you pointed that out.

Re: The Snake as a 'female' co-worker (or 'anyone' in your group or other association...not
just on a job)...female because the Snake card in the Lenormand represents as 'female'
since the deck's inception, i believe. However, i see no reason it is not also a male co-worker
or group member as well. i did also say to watch out for any 'person' that could be like the
snake. But 'female' is a known 'traditional' attribute for the Snake card.

ETA: I just got my Mystical Lenormand and doesn't the Snake card show the snake with an egg? (Female = eggs) LOL

BTW, i like your take, comparing the snake to the 7 of swords...which is really weird, because
last night i just finished creating the 7 of swords card for my new Chihuahua tarot deck...:laugh:
i should have related that too...glad you mentioned it! :)

i love how we are learning from each other...(i haven't read anyone else's study yet on the clouds and snake
because of time constraints lately...but i will as soon as i can)...
Thank you! :heart: CN