Lo Scarabeo's Night Sun Tarot; Fabio + Listrani

Le Fanu

OK, I managed to squeeze six in. A mixture - the High Priestess (a bit dark, not very clear) and some of the ones which are not on alidastore or around the web (yet).

I have made a selection of two Majors, a favourite Court and two of the Moody Minors plus a more pictorial Minor. The Wands suit is the most "difficult" I would say - as in more "moody minors" than scenic, but I think the graphics seen here are fairly representative of the deck - the repetition of rays as well as the colour hues.

Not great quality but I hope it gives an idea...

Attachments

• NighSun.jpg
    NighSun.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 358

Mythic Silence

You should be able to order it now from https://www.alidastore.com/ which is in Italy. If you don't want to order just yet, you can still see a few more cards on the site.

Thank you so much!

Thank you too, Le Fanu. :) I really like the color scheme on the High Priestess. She also has the dignified look that I'm always delighted to see in a High Priestess card. As my favorite Major, it's a card I tend to be fussy about. Some decks make her a bit too "Empressy" and sexual for my taste.

I'm getting good vibes from this deck. It's serious without feeling forced or pretentious.

Nina*

Thank you for posting these images, LF. I noticed this deck on Alidastore yesterday and didn't think much of it. But after seeing your uploads... I ordered it (together with the Ceccoli, btw).

Nina*

Got it (together with the Ceccoli) and love it.

These images are really something and it's got my favorite 3 of Cups ever. At the same time it's incredibly readable.

Nobody else got this deck yet (aside from Le Fanu that is)?

If not, you should. Really.

daphne

Are the minors just repetitive pip symbol on a colored background or is there some thorough thought put in their making?

Nina*

There's absolutely thought put behind their meanings; they're scenic minors like RWS but with Thoth flavour.

Le Fanu

Are the minors just repetitive pip symbol on a colored background or is there some thorough thought put in their making?
They are not "just pips". (To echo Nina) they are nearer the Thoth than those cut price, corner-cutting, easy Minors which one sees so much of.

The Minors are very well thought out in this deck. I'm not sure whether I could love the art long term - if that makes sense - but it is a striking deck and one with a lot of thought put into it. A very cutting edge contemporary deck, against the grain of the usual easy RWS stuff. It will require a bit of rethinking. But you need to love the artwork which is a bit edgy (a word I never use), slightly dark and threatening, I think.

daphne

Thank you for letting me know. I would have to see more minors then, before I buy it.
:) It sounds like a risky deck (in terms of purchasing).

Thoughtful

l noticed this Tarot whilst scouting around using a few hours to see whats out there. It stopped me in my tracks can't tell you why. Not the sort of deck l have gone for but l cannot explain what the pull is to this deck. Would love your comments if you have read with it, how do you like the images, what are your feelings when using this tarot. :)

Le Fanu

I haven't read with it.

It has been usurped by the Nicoletta Cecolli deck. I'm sure the Night Sun Tarot is a wonderful deck but it hasn't quite grabbed me. I might come back to it in a month or more.