Thoth Study Group Threads - Anyone interested in starting some off again?

CreativeFire

Since it is the start of a New Year here at the forum, I thought it might be an idea to post this thread about the Thoth Study Group threads to see if anyone is interested in getting them going again for the New Year?

I personally am taking a bit of a break from my time with the Thoth deck (will revisit it again a bit later) but have noticed that there have been quite a few new members join the forum who are Thoth enthusiasts and a few people also recently acquiring the deck.

Last year we got up to 'Death' in the majors with the more recent study group and up to 'Art' from the previous study group. Also a few of the minors were done as well. You can see the threads from the Thoth Study Group - Table of Contents thread here.

If you happen to be contemplating a particular card, start a thread up and see if others are interested in joining in with their thoughts or experience. Even though I won't be joining in myself for a bit, I am happy to edit the post and add these threads to the Table of Contents thread to keep it going & a quick reference for the Thoth Forum, so just add to this thread or the post in the Contents thread and I will add the link. Our lovely moderators, Marion & Sulis, may be also be able to assist as well, I need to check this with them of course, as just thinking out loud here. :)

So don't be shy, start a thread on a card, any card as they don't have to be in order. Or even resurrect one of the previous threads. You don't have to be an experienced Thoth user either, even though there are quite a few here on the boards that may be interested in sharing some of their thoughts as well.

Anyway Happy New Year everyone and look forward to seeing some renewed activity in this forum for the New Year. :)

CreativeFire

wildchilde

Happy New Year to you too CreativeFire!! And to all Aeclectic members!!!

Thank you so much for this TOC, CreativeFire! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!! :) I just received my Thoth deck (thanks for the great trade, hawks_girl_dove!) and have only come as far as looking through the cards in awe. I'm not really that interested in Crowley, but do find these cards very beautiful and full of amazing symbology, etc.

I would be interested in reviving the study groups. My time is going to be very limited the next few months due to job responsibilities, but would certainly like to join in whenever possible! So I hope you experienced Thoth users will let the postings begin!

Thanks again for the suggestion, CreativeFire!

Lillie

I'd join in.

I used the Thoth for many years, but then stopped doing tarot almost altogether.

Now I am getting back into it, thoth again. The cards are so impressed onto my subconcious I can't use any others!

I'd like to talk about the court cards.
I've always had real trouble with them.
But they always come up loads for me! (sod's law!)

I'd love to hear how other people interpret them.

CreativeFire

hi wildchilde and Lillie - great to see some interest in regards to this. :)

I noticed Lillie has already got organised and started a thread on the Knight of Wands which is excellent. I have just added it into the TOC as well as a couple of other threads that have been started over the last several weeks.

Also Marion has PM'd me and she is happy to add thread links to the Table of Contents thread / post if need be as well. :)

Cheers
CreativeFire

Diwha

Creativefire

I was reading your post on starting new studies, and I realized it will be your first anniversary tomorrow, one year in this forum, and being aware myself of all your participation, we, the other members are the lucky ones that benefit from all you have done. Thank you, and a big thanks to all who have made this forum possible, all those in the shadow who give freely of themselves and their precious time. I have learned so much, and there is so much more here for me to learn. This forum is like a window into the Thoth world, right in my home.
Thanks
Diwha

CreativeFire

Thankyou Diwha, it has been a joy and a pleasure. :) The AT forum is such a wonderful place and I have learnt more in the last year here, sharing and learning with everyone else, than I have in the last 10 yrs, on and off, working on my own with tarot! ;) Everyones contribution, participation and interaction in all the threads are what makes this forum so special and such a wealth of information for us all to share the 'window', as you say in our homes. ;)

Cheers
CreativeFire

Mayet

Hi all, I only found this particular crowley based Topic after I had posted my new universal attributes in the cards and their meanings topic.

It is of interest to all Students of Crowley's work. It was all deciphered, well mostly by the work and clues Crowley left behind...

I would love to have some discussion over these attributes.

http://www.rejectz.com/themayetmanuscript.doc

prudence

hi mayet, I am interested in your link, but it's not working for me. It says specified server cannot be found...

Mayet

I fixed it..I had some how forgotten the domain...