question about court cards..

DanielSon

hey guys!
ITS OK EVERY1 DANIELSON IS HERE! lol srry first time posting so thought id start off with a question:

(i recently just started practicing tarot)
i was wondering when i was drawing my daily card: that if the court cards can sometimes represent different aspects of the same person being brought out at a particular time?

i ask this because the other day i drew a knight of swords and then today i drew a knight of cups..(both i related to with their corresponding day)i also did further examination with knight of swords..i basically asked to describe my situation concerning unreflectiveness i may have (using issue/action/outcome spread) and the issue came up as knight of cups lol

ANYWAYS- i seem to have sidetracked a little from my question so if u guys can give me any advice on that, i would appreciate it ;)

ps- i have realized this is a tough issue through some previous posts so excuse me if this has already been touched on

danielson o_O

prudence

Hi danielson,
welcome to AT!
I think you are right about the court cards representing different aspects of you. I think we can embody any card in the deck at any perticular moment, but there are folks here who can really explain this much better.
So, is Thoth your first deck ever? Check out the threads about the Unicursal Hexagram card (there might be an extra card in your deck with an unusual star-like shape, with a 5 petaled flower in the center, sometimes it is red hexagram on a black background, sometimes the hexagram is rainbow colored)
Astrid

Lillie

Hi Danielson.

I totally agree with Astrid. A person can be different from one day to the next, Or they can be one way about one thing, and a different way about another issue.
And therefore would be signifed by a different court card depending on the day or the subject of the question.
I think that if you find that you have a lot of different court cards come up, and you think they are all facets of you, that you can use this information to gain a better perspective on your life, and on the way you react to things that happen in your life.

You could look at the differences and similarities between the cards, for instance they all seem to be knights, so that appears to be a constant in your life at the momment. While the suit changes, perhaps for different aspects of your life.
With this info you may be able to see how you relate to the world around you, and what parts of your personality, and ways you have of behaving, work best in different situaations.

An example. If I was unhappy in my work and kept finding myself represented by the Queen of Cups in relation to questions about work, then I would think that perhaps I was acting too emotionally in that sphere of my life, or that I was not being myself enough and being instead what I thought my work colleagues wanted me to be.

Do you see what I mean?

By the way, Astrid, I thought that being a scientist sounded good, but being a sculptor sounds even better. What a great thing to do!
(and being a Mom, of course.)

DanielSon

no hexagram deck

thanks for your welcoem and comments astrid!
i looked up my deck on that thread and it was the one in 1996, only extra cards it has are 2 magus cards..

thanks
danielson

prudence

OMG that is a great deck to have! I have never seen the other 2!!

Thanks very much Lillie.
astrid

bshore

I have the same deck. Which is your favorite magus? I like the one with 8 or 10 arms. Unfortunatly, the 2 extra ones weren't "approved" by Crowley, so if you're a purist picking your favorite wouldn't fly, but I'm allabout personalizing your deck however you want. Good luck with your new deck! I'm a beginner to the thoth, too, but have been at it for a couple months now and really love it.

DanielSon

same here ;)

same here bshore-
the one with 10 arms is my favorite 4sure...and yes,astrid, thoth is my first deck ever.Also, have u guys ever had skeptics make u prove to them that tarot cards "indicate" something?LOL! A buddy of mine was like "Alright fine if your cards are so smart what was i doing from 12pm up until about 10 minutes ago?" I did a reading for him by drawing 1 card and it was right on..turns out (card interference) described his situation...then i did another reading for him with 3 cards and the same card showed up in the spread!(i did the subcon./consc./supercon. spread-interference was under the conscious part) he was amazed and how right on i was and now totally believes they "work" now...lol

anyways a little off topic but thanks for your help ppl!
danielson