Using the cards to find lost things

Gloria Jean

I have found that when looking for lost items I need to totally ignore the traditional meaning of the card and just look at the picture and verbally describe it as if describing what it looks like to someone who can't see it. During that description, the answer would come.

WalesWoman

Between me drawing some cards using a couple different finding lost things spreads and other people drawing cards and doing I Ching readings... we have managed to figure out the Druidcraft must be where I work, covered, or in a dark space, under cloth or in a drawer and it's still there and has been for God knows how long and still haven't managed to find it yet. Lillie's Aiethometer said it hadn't accidentally been tossed in the dumpster with a bunch of empty boxes or accidentally burned in the trash.

I ended up ordering a new one, thinking for sure it would show up as soon as the new deck got here. That was quite a while ago... I'm still looking, still waiting.

I am not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying the results aren't always instant. I haven't given up yet.

Gloria Jean

Yes there are some times when they don't seem to have an answer or at least I can't see it. The answers come in such strange ways I'm sure there are times that I just don't see it.

margee

"lost items"

My friend was on Facebook two nights ago - she had lost her glasses and needed them for work the next mornig. I shuffled the deck and the 3 swords and Justice fell out - obviously "above ground", "upstairs"., by a window. Near sharp objects. "Airless" - in a wardrobe, drawer, I advised her and received an email the next day. She had found some old glasses in the bottom of her wardrobe and had found something else she had been looking for in the drawer for knives and forks. The next morning I had another message saying she had found her glasses, UPSTAIRS, IN THE WARDROBE NEAR THE WINDOW, AMONGST HER STILLETTOS!

Margee

irmata

I've misplaced my grandmother's pearl necklace; it has immense value to me and I'm absolutely distraught. Checked all my usual "hiding" places, with no luck. Right before Christmas I pulled 3 cards (Spiral Tarot) to see what could have happened: Queen of Cups (who is quite "pearly"), 7 of Cups (the Cups are hidden below a layer of mist) and Temperance. I still haven't figured out what it means (other than a vague inkling that I "can't see for looking"), but the reading calmed me down immediately.

I'll let you know when I find them!

Gloria Jean

nisaba said:
I pulled the Star. I couldn't think of anything except "look in the place you most often go in the early evening". She found the key-ring stuffed under the cushions of the lounge where she liked to sit and watch the news of an evening. That was on a first guess..

It is interesting to me how the cards communicate differently to each person according to that person's inner language. I would not have associated the star with early evening. If I were supposed to get the same message and if I were using my own deck I think the six of cups would have come up for that location. It shows a woman lounging in a chair.

42.jpg

moonsoul

I was searching for a book and decided to pull a card for it. In the card there was a woman wielding a bow and arrow. She was "pointing" it towards a box in my room. After going through it I found the book I was looking for. I found it odd but cool that the cards would show me how to find something in such a manner.

irmata

Jenny_writer said:
If I were supposed to get the same message and if I were using my own deck I think the six of cups would have come up for that location. It shows a woman lounging in a chair.

42.jpg
GORGEOUS!

nisaba

Jenny_writer said:
I would not have associated the star with early evening.
I remember that pull, and as I looked at that card for Avril, all I could think of was the child's chant:

"starlight, star bright,
First star I see tonight".

And not the rest of the chant, just that bit. The first three or four stars tend to be visible while there is still a bit of daylight around, so my thinking was pointed directly at wherever Avril tended to spend her early evenings (obviously, not spent with me, or I'd know!).

Blackstar

I lost amethyst so I asked the deck about it.
The card that turned up was 6 of swords (RW).
I remembered I had it with me when I went to visit a friend, so I looked up my luggage but it wasn't there. Couple of weeks later it turned out to be in one of my purses.