Using the cards to find lost things

aware7

Bumping this thread

Hallo, this is a great thread from the past. I found it an interesting synchronicity that when I logged in the first thread that met my eyes was the one about lost objects. But I found this thread when I searched so any answers would be gratefully welcomed!

I lost my wallet yesterday and my last memory was of putting it in one bag and taking another bag as well. Walking quickly to my local destination I was shocked after walking through a park, down a street, turning left and walking down another street, turning right and walking down the next street that the bag where my wallet was supposed to be was unzipped. And nothing was in it.

I had a vague recollection of hearing a sound that may have been my wallet falling out but I hadn't paid attention. I am under a lot of stress at work lately and unfortunately it is distracting me. So I quickly retraced my steps yet found nothing.

In the park I saw an older man and wondered if he had found it but he said nothing and for some reason I didn't ask him. Mistake. However, the ID in my wallet clearly was that of my face so if it was indeed him he took it on the sly with no intent on giving it back. A visit to the local police late last night brought no joy - nobody had returned a wallet.

Just now I asked where I lost it and pulled the Ace of Swords reversed. I am wondering if that means I am mistaken and did not actually take my wallet with me. However, I have searched my place and can't find it. Can anyone give some pointers as to the meaning of the Ace of Swords? From my experience, the Ace of Swords reversed means that one is not thinking clearly, and of course there is the classic Rider Waite meaning of conception, multiplication and too much force.

I really can't see those meanings referring to anything as there were only houses and apartments around and no maternity hospitals! As I said, too, I am not even sure that I took the wallet out of the house but it simply is not here at the moment.

Thoughtful

l thought this quite funny.
l had lost the top from my spray polish can whilst doing the housework. Could not find it anywhere, still can't.
Shuffled a card asking where it was, and got the 10 Wands! Er yes, l was working hard all over the house Lol.

aware7

The 10 of Wands can mean 'concealment, disguise'. I don't think your card was unhelpful as I have previously found lost things in my home that were concealed under clothes or papers after pulling the 10 of Wands.

My situation now is worse as it involves another person or persons who picked up my wallet. I did a 3 card reading and received the following - Wait and see: 10 of cups, The Action: Ace of Pentacles, Your next step: 7 of Pentacles.

I'd love to see this as meaning that it will take over a week but I will get my wallet back as the Ace of Pentacles can mean an opportunity and I should wait for this to happen. However, the 10 of Cups can also mean the querent's hometown and it can be construed as my current location.

BUT I am feeling down and think that maybe the 10 of Cups means it is completely over, I won't find my wallet or receive it from somebody, to realise that and if I don't I will keep waiting in vain.......................

Philistine

I'll never forget losing a car key and drawing a 5 of Swords from a TdM deck. Well, the illustration on the card was clear; there was the key, enclosed by two pairs of things. Aha!, I thought, two pairs of . . . pants? Somehow swords, being "skeletal" in the pagan associations, reminded me of pairs of legs in this case.

Scrambling to the dresser in our bedroom, sure enough there were stacked two pairs of jeans, and, would you know, sandwiched between them was that car key. I can't say I'd rely 100% on tarot for finding lost objects, but it was certainly an eye-opener for me.

Achlys

Usually if I'm using tarot for finding things, I'll just draw one card. I've noticed that pictorial clues are more helpful than the actual interpretation of the card

Torann

I never use tarot for that, only lenormand. Yesterday I couldn't find my mastercard. I really looked everywhere and I even went to all the shops I've been that day. So finally i pulled two Lenormand cards and I got: coffin and dog. Well in the trunk of my car there is a blanket for my dogs. And yep... it was underneath the blanket.

But next time I'll try the tarot too. I'm really curious to see the outcome. Would that be possible with any kind of tarot deck?

knight_sephiroth

I have good luck using Lenormand to find missing objects, and sometimes Tarot, but often Tarot is too vague (for me, at least).

Barleywine

I favor horary astrology since it's the only thing that has worked with any consistency. But I did create a lost-item spread that blends horary ideas with tarot. There are detailed instructions for this that I developed later and didn't post, but this gives a general idea.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=233388

Achlys

I never use tarot for that, only lenormand. Yesterday I couldn't find my mastercard. I really looked everywhere and I even went to all the shops I've been that day. So finally i pulled two Lenormand cards and I got: coffin and dog. Well in the trunk of my car there is a blanket for my dogs. And yep... it was underneath the blanket.

But next time I'll try the tarot too. I'm really curious to see the outcome. Would that be possible with any kind of tarot deck?

I would say yes.I don't see why not

spookyboo22

I lost my favourite hair accessory yesterday and having looked everywhere I saw this thread and thought I'd have a go.
I asked where is it?
I pulled 9 of Pentacles
I thought maybe outside, then I thought maybe where my nice dresses are and possibly money.
I went to my bedroom, where there are dresses and money to look again for the umpteenth time and it was laying in the middle of the floor
Very strange as I'd looked in there so many times and the object is quite large so I don't see how I could have missed it but there it was.