Advice on LBRP

ravenest

I just found out that it was from LMD's book "The Magick of Aleister Crowley" p.55
It says "The LBRP should proceed any magickal working or divinationary exercise. It is the magickal equivalent of cleaning, vacuuming and dusting the temple before operating. … The opportunity for magician to create magickal environment."

Really ? LMD uses a k in magical ? Crowley would scowl at that :laugh:

I would prefer the analogy of the leaf blower.

The beginning Kabbalistic Cross should do the same for yourself. If you invoke the 'light' in it should dispel the gunk out, then 'swoosh' it out of the circle. The 'cleaner' needs to be clean first.

Of course, waving your hands around in the air and vibrating names isnt going to do the complete job .... but it may stimulate a larger process of 'cleaning out' on other levels , if you keep practising you will come to it - there was a good reason why Regardie recommended 'psychological practices/treatments' as well as magical ones .

foolMoon

Really ? LMD uses a k in magical ? Crowley would scowl at that :laugh:

I would have thought, Crowley would have said, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." :D

Regardie certainly seems had written a lot about the rituals, and assured in his book,

"What is to be gained from the frequent, or even better, daily repetition of this ritual is at the very least an enormous increase in psycho-spiritual sensitivity." - Ceremonial Magic, A guide to the Mechanisms of Ritual.

Aeon418

"What is to be gained from the frequent, or even better, daily repetition of this ritual is at the very least an enormous increase in psycho-spiritual sensitivity."
One thing to bear in mind is that this "enormous increase" that Regardie refers to does not just impact and energize the positive or balanced aspects of your psyche. I effects all of it! (See the final paragraph in Ravenest's previous post.) Any negative patterns in your psyche will also be stirred up by this process and will need to be acknowledged and dealt with.

This is usually the source of some of the scare stories floating around that follow a familiar pattern. Someone starts to practice the basic rituals of Ceremonial Magick, but then it actually begins to work and they start getting results. Unfortunately it's not the results they expected. :bugeyed: All of a sudden negative psychic content stirred up by their practices begins to externalise. But instead of working through this phase and seeing it for what it is, they stop and retreat from the work altogether. Shortly after they become born again Christians complete with dire warnings against dabbling in the occult and the invocation of Satanic forces. And yet the real problem was always within themselves.

Examples of this sort of projection can probably be found all over the forum too. Just look through some threads on the Devil card. })

:livelong:

foolMoon

One thing to bear in mind is that this "enormous increase" that Regardie refers to does not just impact and energize the positive or balanced aspects of your psyche. I effects all of it! (See the final paragraph in Ravenest's previous post.) Any negative patterns in your psyche will also be stirred up by this process and will need to be acknowledged and dealt with.

This is usually the source of some of the scare stories floating around that follow a familiar pattern. Someone starts to practice the basic rituals of Ceremonial Magick, but then it actually begins to work and they start getting results. Unfortunately it's not the results they expected. :bugeyed: All of a sudden negative psychic content stirred up by their practices begins to externalise. But instead of working through this phase and seeing it for what it is, they stop and retreat from the work altogether. Shortly after they become born again Christians complete with dire warnings against dabbling in the occult and the invocation of Satanic forces. And yet the real problem was always within themselves.

Examples of this sort of projection can probably be found all over the forum too. Just look through some threads on the Devil card. })

They say that there had been connection between Christianity and Mystical and Gnostic Rituals early in the history, which had been hidden away intentionally by the institutions.

I too, believe that there are strong connections between Magical rituals, divinations and Religions, no matter what they say, although ins and outs, how and why, I am not sure at this point of time.

Devil cards? - Again, I believe that everyone has both devils and angels in their Highest self, and it is up to each individual, which one to invoke and bring out into their lives. :)

ravenest

I would have thought, Crowley would have said, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." :D

Unless grammar was at issue ;)

I dont think I have ever seen the word 'magickal' in Crowley's writings ... magick, certainly.

Actually, I would bet $20 on it !

Regardie certainly seems had written a lot about the rituals, and assured in his book,

"What is to be gained from the frequent, or even better, daily repetition of this ritual is at the very least an enormous increase in psycho-spiritual sensitivity." - Ceremonial Magic, A guide to the Mechanisms of Ritual.

Yeah ! DuQuette got nuthun on Regardie IMO !

Keep reading Regardie ... and practicing - it will do you wonders!

Daily long term anypractice does amazing things. Imagine rituals that are done 4 times a day long term every day (and maintaining the daily LBR ... or twice daily ) !

ravenest

:laugh:

"I wondered about my new boyfriend, so I pulled a card and got the devil !

Oh no, now he is going to involve me in drugs and strange sexual practises ... and I wont be able to resist it .... he's probably going to chain me to some altar and .....

Oh No !

(and please keep in mind Aeon, when we talk about 'some threads on the devil card' they must be assumed to be the RW devil card and have the meaning of the RW devil card - IBO

;)

ravenest

They say that there had been connection between Christianity and Mystical and Gnostic Rituals early in the history, which had been hidden away intentionally by the institutions.

especially with the gnostic christians ;)

I too, believe that there are strong connections between Magical rituals, divinations and Religions, no matter what they say, although ins and outs, how and why, I am not sure at this point of time.

'Magic rituals' are the 'technology' of religion, they have the 'blind faith' and the gnosticism removed ( gnostic as in self discovered, ie. one does not need a priest to intervene between yourself and your concepts of deity).

Religion utilises magical (or 'psychological' ) technology but focuses on what 'realised' individuals achieved and tries to emulate it by supposedly copying their behaviours .... not by the 'technology' they used.

This might help explain it better;

http://hermetic.com/crowley/equinox/i/ii/eqi02016.html

(its brief and very to the point)

Until fairly recently, there was not that much division between religion and magic. Many practising magicians where Christian and their magic was done within that context.

... and religion used to be more intelligent and imbued with Neo-Platonic philosophy, now look what it has turned into

http://us.cdn1.123rf.com/168nwm/vlu...r-bible-while-yelling-in-anger-isolated-o.jpg

Devil cards? - Again, I believe that everyone has both devils and angels in their Highest self, and it is up to each individual, which one to invoke and bring out into their lives. :)

'One of them makes me mad when I drive the car ' ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsS4FVP-uFI

smw

Of course, waving your hands around in the air and vibrating names isnt going to do the complete job .... but it may stimulate a larger process of 'cleaning out' on other levels , if you keep practising you will come to it - there was a good reason why Regardie recommended 'psychological practices/treatments' as well as magical ones .

Would one of these be his middle pillar technique? I have recently been listening to Speech in the Silence and there is a great run through by David Shoemaker...you can hear how he vibrates each syllable too.

ravenest

Yes, that is one of his magical rituals ... perhaps his Rose Cross ritual is also on par with that. They do have significant beneficial psychological effects when practised correctly and over time.

The psychological practices I am referring to though are more 'psychological' than 'magical' - the sort you would expect to encounter with a psychotherapist or psychiatrist ... Regardie devoted some of his time after starting to study magick to get qualified in those fields. These are the practices I was referring to.

It appears, in his latter life, he worked something like this; you would see him about an issue and you get psychiatric treatment, if you seemed suitable and after some progress you might be given healing / visualisation rituals. he worked in secret and underground on this level. We have to remember that Regardie was near contemporary to Wilhelm Reich (another trained psychiatrist that got kicked out of the Freudian association - too radical - he developed 'body working' techniques together with analysis (strictly forbidden in Freudian analysis ... there is usually a desk between the two or the old couch and chair arrangement ... hands off the patient ! ). Regardie's would have been witness to Reich's oppression, censoring, confiscation of books and public book burnings (yes in the USA ) and imprisonment and rather quickly occurring death in prison.

The thing is, in this view, (and I hold it as well) that no matter how much 'magick' one does it does not guarantee psychological stability ... and may even make it worse. I think he saw enough of that with Crowley and the Golden Dawn shenanigans ;

http://i.bookfi.org/covers/438000/5847666f75403c9953184447e9b8bfc4-g.jpg

and it isnt that hard to see the problem still manifesting today .

To achieve real growth in magick, a stable psyche is needed, you need either to have one, or develop one.