How do you handle this situation?

cSpaceDiva

From the post it wasn't clear to me if you had provided the reason you didn't want to read for them anymore, or if you just said you weren't able to. It also sounds like you left the door open for future readings by saying you were "not sure" if you would do them anymore. Myself, I would give a straightforward, truthful explanation, something like, "I don't feel this was a fair exchange. I believe I put in more time and effort than you did. Overall, it was an unpleasant experience and I don't wish to repeat it. Please do not contact me for readings again."

If you have already done that, then I would simply cut off contact as has been suggested here. Do not respond to the person at all, and put on a block or ignore list if possible.

OaksWhispering

I have been in non tarot situations like this many times. I am empathic, not a confrontational person, a little bit insecure, and don't like to make people feel hurt or rejected.
But here is the thing: you can't get people to stop doing things like that without putting your foot down. I know it is difficult, but you are letting this person have a false hope by making excuses like that, and you are also sticking yourself with the burden of having to make more and more excuses when they eventually continue coming back to you.

You can keep it short and honest. You can simply say you will no longer to free readings, or you can tell them exactly why you do not want to read for them anymore, and maybe they will finally give you that proper reading and you can go back to being buddies again without the elephant in the room.
People will only treat you the way you allow them to. And this will inevitably not be the last person who will ever try to take advantage of you, especially since you have the gift of healing. So trying to nip this in the bud online may be good practice in case this happens when you are dealing with someone you know in person. Perhaps type it up quickly and hit send before you can lose your nerve. When I am having an extra hard time putting my foot down, I allow myself to get angry, and that usually gives me some extra nerve.

It is up to you of course, but that is my advice.

3ill.yazi

Simple truth is best. Life's too short.

peacelilly

Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate them! This individual did finally get the message lol! I said no three times. This person is needy and came across to me as desperate, maybe a tad unstable. They are looking for information that I feel the tarot does not provide.

I feel this individual is not learning tarot, or even trying, and I was duped. There is a lot to be said about the protection online readings offer.

tarotbear

peacelilly~

The most important thing is that you learned this very early on and realized you were being used or becoming someone's enabler ... and took the steps to stop it. This is a lesson for you to 'proceed with caution' and always stand up for yourself when you feel that you are being 'wronged.'

Take care ...

peacelilly

Yes, thank you!

nisaba

When all esle fails, you may say that Tarot is making you spiritually sick/vulnerable and that your guides told you to stop reading. Spooking works better than reasoning sometimes.
That would just add to the bad rap that Tarot gets from outsiders. I don't think it's a good idea - we have enough intolerant churchy people saying that it's evil and a force from the Devil and it will make us spiritually sick.

Why not just say that your guides, or Tarot, told you to stop reading for them?