Where do you read tarot cards?

November's Dawn

I was searching for this kind of topic but haven't found. If there is any I apologize for repeating.

So, where do you read your tarot cards for yourself or for others? I'm still reading for myself and mostly I do it in my bed when I wake up. I know it sounds kinda funny to read your cards on an empty stomack but it's actually a very good way how to start your day. :) Before I was doing it on my table but since now I don't have much time, preparations and I'm not alone, so cup of morning tea tarot is great. :)

Darkmage

I read my cards where I am. ;)

I've read on tour buses, in restaurants, in nightclubs, in bookstores, and sitting outside in parking lots, as well as kitchen tables, porches, etc. At home I like to spread everything out on my floor but then my cats will often flop on the cards because I'm not paying attention to THEM. They get shooed away then.

I'm comfortable reading cards pretty much wherever there's no wind and the sitter can hear me clearly. *shrug*

silverwinter

I like to read the cards on my bed too ;)
No matter which moment of the day, I just sit there and I feel comfortable.

Tarot Orat

Usually on my desk - either at home or work - but sometimes on the couch, if the spread will fit on it. I've done a couple readings on the floor but the cards didn't seem to like that!

Girl Archer

Once at a McDonalds, when I was reading for a friend, I was asked to leave or put the cards back in my bag as they said they were a "family place" :-/ After that, I just read cards at home, or maybe parks/wherever there is privacy and I feel comfortable.

P.S. anyone else been ejected?

Grizabella

I read the cards wherever I am. I always have at least one deck with me and I just find a spot to put the cards out and read. Lots of times it's on my bed because I live in a motorhome and there aren't lots of places to read in here other than on my bed which doubles as a couch in the daytime.`

sladie

Extra guidance and self-support that I know where I am at the present moment. My room mate and I both use the cards as a way of talking about things that are difficult to talk about with other people, because we are so sensitive. My roommate trusts me to be able to read the cards objectively, and without judgement, the same way I approach my own personal readings. It gives her access to get rid of the negative thoughts that sometimes happen without warning by giving her a positive reading to remind her of what she has right now. I do the same for myself.

My sudden growth and self-acceptance has been phenomenal. It allowed me to look at myself from a third person perspective and be objective with who I was, not just to myself, but other people. It made me ask myself "if it's helped us so dramatically - could it help others?" So, I got brave and I do readings now at the local cafe in my small town.

My querents are very aware I'm still new to reading for strangers, and are very patient with me, but all have been very supportive and thankful for my time.

Tarot has given me strength in myself, and has presented itself as a means of getting out of the disability system and taking care of myself in a very real way.

Tarot gave me life again.

pluto'sapprentice258

Tarot gave me life again.

You and your room mate (and the patrons at the cafe!) are lucky to have you. I bet my bottom dollar you're a writer. If not, I think you should be. :)

pluto'sapprentice258

Once at a McDonalds, when I was reading for a friend, I was asked to leave or put the cards back in my bag as they said they were a "family place" :-/ After that, I just read cards at home, or maybe parks/wherever there is privacy and I feel comfortable.

P.S. anyone else been ejected?

Jeeeeeeez. Oh well, who wants to get their cards all sticky in that glorified grease box anyway! :)

Never been rejected from anywhere, but I am picky about where and when I read my cards. Favourite places are in bed (this seems to be a popular one!) at my desk, at the beach (wind permitting), in the pub, in hospital awaiting surgery (which I thankfully didn't need in the end, and who do you suppose told me THAT?)

:D

Girl Archer

Would doing readings while soaking in the bath tub be considered disrespectful? :-/ Plus, would it affect the accuracy of the readings?