Tarot to find missing people

danieljuk

there is many old threads here about very famous missing people cases. They are always interesting! people always get something come up in the cards but unfortunately you can only really understand everything with hindsight accurately :(

A little girl is missing (very) locally and it's a big national story now. She has been missing for a month yesterday. I wondered about doing a spread about her in 'your readings' but I can't bring myself to look in the tarot to be honest or start a thread about it. But that's about me personally, I don't feel comfortable doing it but maybe if she still is not found in a few weeks I may do it. For me I am not sure I want to know the answer. I was considering doing a reading to find where some long time missing AT folk were who no one could contact! I decided also I didn't want to get an answer! Like I say that is just me emotionally!

there is some spreads in this old thread

CaliforniaTarot

there is many old threads here about very famous missing people cases. They are always interesting! people always get something come up in the cards but unfortunately you can only really understand everything with hindsight accurately :(

A little girl is missing (very) locally and it's a big national story now. She has been missing for a month yesterday. I wondered about doing a spread about her in 'your readings' but I can't bring myself to look in the tarot to be honest or start a thread about it. But that's about me personally, I don't feel comfortable doing it but maybe if she still is not found in a few weeks I may do it. For me I am not sure I want to know the answer. I was considering doing a reading to find where some long time missing AT folk were who no one could contact! I decided also I didn't want to get an answer! Like I say that is just me emotionally!

there is some spreads in this old thread

I feel comfortable doing a spread for missing people. I don't think it's a bad thing and I don't think it's bad to know the truth. Maybe I'm just able to handle things like this. I don't know, I've never been one to be afraid of gory details. I just want to know the truth. I think that's more important.

Laurelle

This is very interesting to me and somewhat personal.

Would you go to the police with the information you received from the readings? And if your reading was very accurate, wouldn't the police want to know where you got such information?

nisaba

Yep, and you'd immediately come under investigation yourself. None of us are entirely without skeletons in our cupboards. And in Australia it's a crime to waste police time. The moment you rocked up to a station and said "I'm a Tarot reader and I have some information about..." you'd be charged before they ever heard the information, and they certainly wouldn't listen to it let alone act on it.

CaliforniaTarot

This is very interesting to me and somewhat personal.

Would you go to the police with the information you received from the readings? And if your reading was very accurate, wouldn't the police want to know where you got such information?

If I felt that the information I received was definitely something of importance I wouldn't be embarrassed or have any trepidation telling police I found the information through a tarot reading because many policemen have used psychics and other spiritual means to solve a case.

CaliforniaTarot

Yep, and you'd immediately come under investigation yourself. None of us are entirely without skeletons in our cupboards. And in Australia it's a crime to waste police time. The moment you rocked up to a station and said "I'm a Tarot reader and I have some information about..." you'd be charged before they ever heard the information, and they certainly wouldn't listen to it let alone act on it.

Oh well maybe that's how it is in Australia, but in America it's not like that. You also don't have the death penalty in Australia but in America we do. Maybe in Australia the police would do what you described, but in America that isn't so. There are numerous YouTube videos where psychics work with and talk to police here in America about crimes. None of these psychics who are helping solve the crimes are ever suspected of being involved in the crime. I would imagine that police wouldn't charge me for claiming I had evidence based on a tarot reading, especially if I'm nowhere near the crime area and not at all connected to it.

Laurelle

Oh well maybe that's how it is in Australia, but in America it's not like that. You also don't have the death penalty in Australia but in America we do. Maybe in Australia the police would do what you described, but in America that isn't so. There are numerous YouTube videos where psychics work with and talk to police here in America about crimes. None of these psychics who are helping solve the crimes are ever suspected of being involved in the crime. I would imagine that police wouldn't charge me for claiming I had evidence based on a tarot reading, especially if I'm nowhere near the crime area and not at all connected to it.

I wouldn't be so sure of this. The police, at least not here in Washington, DC, do not work with psychics. You will be immediately questioned, especially if your information is highly specific and accurate.

This isn't like a television show. It's real life. And in real life the vast majority of people do not believe in clairvoyance. Especially the police. They work on logic and ONLY on logic. They don't get hunches without concrete evidence.

Please be careful with this. I know this from personal experience, not from youtube or a NBC mini-series.

prudence

While I wouldn't recommend running to the police with whatever info a reading may give, I also do not think much harm will come to the messenger in such a case. We may be talking about a murder/disappearance from a far away state or city, and with all of our info being tracked at every given minute through cell phone towers and computer time stamps, a would-be sleuth using tarot cards would be dismissed as a suspect fairly quickly. The likely response from law enforcement would probably be a "thank you" with the underlying "you kook, and thanks for wasting our time" kind of thought. That's of course if they even gave you the courtesy of responding.

Reading about these cases can be very helpful and educating to a reader who is interested in this subject matter, especially when new developments are conveyed through the media. It is not really necessary to go full bore and try to contact police about any of it.