Gateway Oracle

rosegold

Hi all! Does anyone have the Gateway Oracle by Denise Linn? I haven't been able to find many pics or reviews on it. Has anyone used this deck? Or can anyone give me more info about it?

readingsbyjo

gateway

I have this deck, I haven't done any readings with them yet though. They are simple cards, they seem easy to read. When this rollercoaster of a week is complete and I get my power back on from the storms maybe I can do a reading for you with them? I could probably get some pictures for you too, although I am not sure if I can do that on here or if we need to exchange email addresses? Sorry not much feedback for you.

Gemyndig

These cards are really beautiful, and read really easily like readingsbyjo said. I pull one regularly and it always seems to hit home. I bought these on impulse because the art struck me as so otherworldly.

rosegold

Hi Jo, so glad you replied! I have ordered the Gateway cards and will be getting them in a few days (yay!) It would be great to do some reading exchanges. I will pm you when I get the cards (and get some time for readings!). Hope you get power back soon! Thanks again. :)

rosegold

Thanks for the reply, Gemyndig! I can't really explain it, but from the pics I've seen so far, the cards look really easy to relate to. And it looks like they don't require a lot of reading/memorization to start using them right away. Have you ever used the Gateway oracle to do readings for others? Or do you think of it as more of a personal deck? Let me know if you'd like to do any reading exchanges with it. :) Hopefully I will have the cards by Monday (I'm not sure I can wait much longer than that :D)

Gemyndig

Thanks for the reply, Gemyndig! I can't really explain it, but from the pics I've seen so far, the cards look really easy to relate to. And it looks like they don't require a lot of reading/memorization to start using them right away. Have you ever used the Gateway oracle to do readings for others? Or do you think of it as more of a personal deck? Let me know if you'd like to do any reading exchanges with it. :) Hopefully I will have the cards by Monday (I'm not sure I can wait much longer than that :D)

I've never read for others with it but simply use is as an occasional "single card pull" for insight purposes - I reckon they could be used to read for others too though. They can certainly be used right out of the box I think more or less, but the book has some interesting ideas in it as well. Apparently each card is meant to be a "gateway" to your own inner wisdom and power, a concept I really liked. They've proven themselves to be very accurate and to give good advice anyway. They'd likely be good small spreads - it would be interesting to try them in readings for other people anyway. I'm off work soon, and so would be happy to try a reading exchange with you once you get your cards - should be intriguing anyway!;-)

Belinda2

many of the new decks don't have any images pictured, it is such an easy thing to do, noone likes to buy a deck based on the package cover art only. Why they don't is beyond me.

moonweaver

I just bought these this past week as an impulse buy, and I must say I'm impressed. I've been doing nightly draws before bedtime and the cards have really been relevant and encouraging. The artwork is lovely and overall, the deck has a calm vibe. Very nurturing. Hopefully that doesn't sound too cheesy, lol.

rosegold

I just got these cards and I'm very happy with them! They seem to work best in one card draws, or very small spreads. The pastel colors and positive messages are very soft and soothing. They're great to look at when I'm stressed out and need to relax. :)

@moonweaver: I couldn't agree more. I've been doing one-card pulls at night also. This deck may be too positive and, dare I say, "fluffy" for some readers, but it works for me. :) It is a soft place to fall, a look at the bright side of things.

Melia

many of the new decks don't have any images pictured, it is such an easy thing to do, noone likes to buy a deck based on the package cover art only. Why they don't is beyond me.

That's true (if I can't see sample cards I don't buy) .... but in this instance if you google Gateway Oracle and search using the images button, you will be able to see some of the cards.