Bohemian Gothic-The Star

Thirteen

Surja76 said:
It is good card but not good in terms. It always goes with long time, long distance.
You're a glass-half-empty person, aren't ya? ;)

Surja76

Thirteen said:
You're a glass-half-empty person, aren't ya?

May be... I do not like wait tooo long.

May be my cards are use to my interpritation :) :) May be others have their own meanings.

Surja76

Thirteen said:
You're a glass-half-empty person, aren't ya?

Frankly there is exact explanation of such kind of cards like the Star, The Moon, Hanged man, Lovers ... even Temperance.
Look.

Hermes book - divine cup:

"Subjects which you name empty, actually it is necessary to name hollow, but not empty for they exist and are full of air and spirit. And on the contrary, it is possible to tell that that you consider full, is empty from air because presence of other body does not allow air to take the same place.
It is impossible to be adhered simultaneously to things perishable and to things divine. Things happen corporal and aeriform and consequently perishable differs from the divine; it is necessary to choose one or another, (if only you wish to choose) as it is impossible to become attached to two at once. When it is necessary to choose only, defeat of one strengthens power of another (when the choice is made, that is left, shows energy of another)."

Divine cup from Hermes book again:

"That person who drinks from it, or receives the blessing of its water can be fulfilled with divine spirit wisdom. They cover mind that there is on the earth and in heavens, and that can be over heavens. At height which they reach, they behold the Blessing.
The one who avoids divine influence lives only with logic, mind and passion, being blocked and cannot understand oneself mission in this life."

Is not it Star description??

Thirteen

The Star is not a Person

Surja76 said:
"The one who avoids divine influence lives only with logic, mind and passion, being blocked and cannot understand oneself mission in this life."

Is not it Star description??
It is and it isn't. Yes, I would say that Aquarius types are very much like that, but I don't think that the Star is without passion. It's just without passion as you want that passion to be. Which seems to be passion of a woman for a man or a person for the divine. Why not passion to visit the stars, or peacefully unify and liberate one's country? Few people, if any, are void of any emotion or spirituality or passion. Even if that emotion, spirituality and passion takes a form that doesn't appeal to you, personally, it's still there and still right for them. The way you're presenting it, people who want to find a cure for cancer, or reach the moon are somehow lacking passion, or a desire to find the "divine." Yet if it wasn't a passion, wasn't a desire to find something beyond ourselves, it wouldn't happen. The Star is full of passion.

You look up, you see it, and you know where to go. You know what your first step in which direction must be. Cloud up the sky, obscure the stars, and you have no direction, just darkness. Then you really are blocked. Contrary to that description, the Star seems to be all about rediscovering one's mission, one's passion.

Finally, I think you're also mistaking the Star as a complete person. In this deck or any other deck, all 78 cards are aspects of ourselves. We are never one and only one card. And one and only one card is never us. At times in our lives we may set that Star card down in a reading in the position of "What is wrong with me?" and your interpretation might be right. Maybe we are being too logical, too distant, not passionate enough. But at other times, we may set that card down in the "What is right with me?" and then the reading is telling us that having some distance from our goal is a good thing. Being too emotional and too lost in the divine won't serve us at this moment in our lives.

The Star, like every other card in the deck, isn't there to present a complete person. It is there to present an aspect of a composite person. And I really feel it's wrong to criticize it as if it were a person lacking something. It's not. It is what it is. An aspect of us that under certain circumstances may be the best thing to help us solve our problem, or the worst thing. It all depends.

Surja76

I do not mind.. I agree with you we try to describe the card itself and all around this card in all its meanings.

Yes this card appear like the person card is very rare but with its help we can describe person's character we need.

WolfyJames

Surja76 said:
Yes. She can be happy staying with herself. She is too self-sufficient. She is happy with herself but she can be in depression if she does not find out the popularity and acceptance of others. She is in a vicious circle in its vacuum. She is look like Star closed with Milky Way circle gravitation. her hands like aureola on the god's icons.
it is the problem of all celebrities, who are in their own aureola of success. it is even difficult to udnerstand where is Star and real person. They are in their closed unreal world with their unreal wishes and love. Yes they happy with themselves but unhappy with others.
Remind Greta Garbo. Real Star dead in her New York home-crypt completely alone. It was her own choice and she was happy with herself. But tell me, is it full life??????

Yes star usually flow water. But her hands are busy. She is busy in prevention from water. She do not allow herself to be fulfilled with feelings and emotions. She love when she decide but no more.

As an aquarius myself I have to say that aquarians in general are very secretive and introvert. Being with people hurt aquarians, being too often with people drive aquarians litteraly crazy. The only moment an aquarians can regenerate and heal is alone by him/herself. An aquarian needs space and time alone in order to keep his/her sanity and good health, he/she cannot survive without these.

One good example is the good british actor Christian Bale who is also an aquarius. He did many movies as a kid and at some point he stopped acting completely because he could not deal with everything else that followed: paparazzis who followed him everywhere, no private life anymore, people who suddenly appear out of nowhere acting as if they're your best bud to get some of your "light", money and who knows what else, people who asked him constantly autographs wherever he went, etc. I think you can easily understand he was litteraly driven crazy by all these, any sane person would have, and for an aquarian it's even worse. When he got a bit older and decided to act again, he did it with the understanding he would have to deal with all these.

As for Greta Garbo, she was a virgo and a virgo is generally a passive/introvert sign. Introverts are not happy with too much people around them like aquarians, especially when these individuals are there because you have money and you were a star, one can imagine she was probably a bit paranoid and aware the people around her were not there for good reasons and the few good ones were dead.

Introverts prefer 1 to 1 real relationships than dealing with tons of people at once and having superficial relationships with them.

So yeah, I see this Star as someone who takes a well deserved break from the chaotic world that surrounds her and she needs this peaceful and quiet moment alone to regenerate herself and heal.

Surja76

WolfyJames, so nice description. Thank you. You have got a thought.

I have reminded one my friend Aquarius. He has a big family. He has bought the land and built 3 houses - for himself, his parents and his sister on the same territory and surrounded all these 3 houses with the only fence. He likes his family too much and can he is happy only being together with them. But he bordered his world with fence and he is happy only with his close people, he is healing being together with relatives. He has hidden his private life but not HIS OWN life but the life of his whole family.

He was not closed with his inner cave with closed windows but he closed in his family not avoiding of communications inside. Very interesting type of privacy. :)

Ambrosia

WolfyJames said:
As an aquarius myself I have to say that aquarians in general are very secretive and introvert. Being with people hurt aquarians, being too often with people drive aquarians litteraly crazy. The only moment an aquarians can regenerate and heal is alone by him/herself. An aquarian needs space and time alone in order to keep his/her sanity and good health, he/she cannot survive without these.
I don't know about other Aquarians but as an Aquarius myself I agree wholeheartedly with this. I start to feel very drained if I can't have that introspective time. It sometimes becomes a problem when other people wrongly assume I am upset. I REALLY need my time to dream and think and spend time with myself in order to feel whole.
PS, as you may notice, I love the Star card in any form and its message of hope and introspection. For me, it is MY card.
Of course it is also known as the "Aquarian card".

brother Joseph

The Star

The woman in this picture is clearly Hera, a figure from greek mythology. She is shown here with two of her enemies behind her, Hercules and Atlas. She is patron of goats (hence the heads above the statues) and also the goddess of the morning and evening star. Among other icons in art associated with her are pomegranites - in the carvings in this card also above the statues.

Hera was the stepmother and enemy of Heracles, who was named "Hera-famous in her honor; When Alcmene was pregnant with Heracles, Hera tried to prevent the birth from occurring by tying Alcmene's legs in knots. She was foiled by Galanthis, her servant, who told Hera that she had already delivered the baby. Hera turned her into a weasel.

While Heracles (hercules) was still an infant, Hera sent two serpents to kill him as he lay in his cot. Two serpents are above the statue in the card. Heracles throttled a single snake in each hand and was found by his nurse playing with their limp bodies as if they were a child's toys.

One account of the origin of the Milky Way is that Zeus had tricked Hera into nursing the infant Heracles: discovering who he was, she pulled him from her breast, and a spurt of her milk formed the smear across the sky that can be seen to this day. Also in the card?

Hera assigned Heracles to labor for King Eurystheus at Mycenae. She attempted to make almost each of Heracles' twelve labors more difficult. You need to read his 12 labours to understand more about his relationship with Atlas and why they are here together. It also explains the significance of the stag/deer in the picture.

When he fought the Lernaean Hydra, she sent a crab to bite at his feet in the hopes of distracting him - is that a crab at the base of the statue? When Heracles took the cattle of Geryon, he shot Hera in the right breast with a triple-barbed arrow: the wound was incurable and left her in constant pain which is possibly why it is possibly covered a bit by a robe in the picture.

Concerning Atlas, some say that his punishment to hold up the world was because he tried to steal apples from hera's orchard but the story of the 12 labours does not give this from the source I read. He would be looking distressed anyway because he was tricked by Hercules after trying to trick him to hold up the world forever.

So we have a woman very much alive and images from her past here in stone. I seen this card as a very deep reference to the darker side of femininity. A more destructive side perhaps. Perhaps we are looking at a woman who regrets but is at peace with her actions now. With the parting of her hair, and a masculine looking face I wondered if this woman was hermaphrodite. I say this because of another story associated with her:-

Tiresias was a priest of Zeus, and as a young man he encountered two snakes mating and hit them with a stick. He was then transformed into a woman. As a woman, Tiresias became a priestess of Hera, married and had children, including Manto. After seven years as a woman, Tiresias again found mating snakes, struck them with her staff, and became a man once more. As a result of his experiences, Zeus and Hera asked him to settle the question of which sex, male or female, experienced more pleasure during intercourse. Zeus claimed it was women; Hera claimed it was men. When Tiresias sided with Zeus, Hera struck him blind. Since Zeus could not undo what she had done, he gave him the gift of prophecy. An alternative and less commonly told story has it that Tiresias was blinded by Athena after he stumbled onto her bathing naked. His mother, Chariclo, begged her to undo her curse, but Athena couldn't; she gave him prophecy instead.

Even though her punishments to both these men are severe, I think theres some deep messages here. The world would have collapsed into chaos were it not for the punishment given to Atlas (regardless of who gave it). The labours of hercules were neccessary to rid the world of some evil.

Six were located in the Peloponnese, culminating with the rededication of Olympia. Six others took the hero farther afield. In each case, the pattern was the same: Heracles was sent to kill or subdue, or to fetch back a person, magical animal or plant.

Perhaps the card is about peace culminating out of some horiffic acts. As well as a balance of masculine feminine. Father Mother God.

Krystophe

She does appear to have her back to the star, and really -- given that this is a dark deck -- doesn't that seem appropriate? She's standing in darkness, having lost sight of the faintest glimmer of hope. She's gone off course, having lost track of the North Star, but she's looking up, scanning the skies, and clearly we can have faith that she will soon locate Polaris and manage to reorient herself once more.

As an aside, I find it rather interesting to compare this card to the seven of cups. In that card, the woman is also looking to the skies, but it's the delusions of the moon she's fixing, not the constant guide of the star. A warning perhaps about looking in the wrong direction for our guidance?