composite: uranus in scorpio

junethird

Hi everyone.

ive been going over a composite for me and this guy i like and iam stuck on composite uranus in scorpio 5th house

uranus in scorpio is exalted!

uranus is a planet of change, novelty and instability.
scorpio is a fixed sign and has deep hidden depth and desires.
5th house is romance and children

i also read that uranus placed in 5th house does not give any children in general. but in our chart its exalted in a very watery fertile sign of scorpio. does that change anything?

Barleywine

Hi everyone.

ive been going over a composite for me and this guy i like and iam stuck on composite uranus in scorpio 5th house

i also read that uranus placed in 5th house does not give any children in general. but in our chart its exalted in a very watery fertile sign of scorpio. does that change anything?

I haven't looked at a composite chart in many years, so I pulled out Rob Hand. He basically says two things:

If it's a love relationship, you will need to give each other a lot more freedom than is customary. If it turns into a marriage (which he doesn't seem to think is prudent), you will SERIOUSLY need to give each other enough freedon to cultivate other relationships if desired, so the marriage bonds don't become stifling. This "open concept" (if it's even something you want to get into) might not be an ideal climate in which to raise children.

Otherwise, it can mean a desire to have fun and express yourselves in unusual ways, to perhaps act a little crazy or wild or unconventional. Sounds like fun if marriage isn't your immediate objective.

Tradionally, the 5th House is the house of all kinds of pleasure, including sex. As a "scientific" sign, Scorpio can get a bit . . . experimental. So, wild and crazy . . . but you get the picture :) The exaltation of Uranus in Scorpio is still a provisional dignity, as far as I know. If it is in fact strong there, the experimentation might get pretty unconventional and perhaps intense. You would need to look at any aspects to Uranus; Saturn could be a wet blanket for Uranus, Mars with it could be a tinder-box.

You didn't say whether he has shown an interest in you. You might want to tactfully find out what his thoughts are on unconventional relationships. More importantly, what are YOUR thoughts on it, before you get that far.

ETA: You will get other opinions here about the validity of even using Uranus. I responded from the perspective of a modern understanding of the outer planets. Call me a fence-sitter on the subject; I don't categorically toss them out, but I don't give them a lot of weight either.

Minderwiz

Hi everyone.

Well no it isn't. There are some modern attempts to allocate exaltations but the don't fit into the original rationale, indeed they don't have a rationale.

June third said:

You're right to see Water signs as fruitful and the fifth is indeed connected to children but their are traditionally other factors to consider, as indeed there are in modern Astrology.

Start by looking at the individual charts. A composite does not supercede them. Indeed a composite needs to be treated with great care,as its strictly speaking not a chart of anything. By that I mean there's no corresponding event that generated the chart. It might throw up some insights but you must not read it without looking at the two natal charts.

Your task is to see what the 'fertility' of yourself and the 'fertilty' of the guy is. Make your judgement based on those assessments. Then look to see if the Composite yields any useful additional information

Barleywine

To follow Minderwiz's thought, synastry might be a better approach than composite analysis, since it looks at contacts between the two natal charts. That's the method I have used since I stopped paying attention to composites.

junethird

I haven't looked at a composite chart in many years, so I pulled out Rob Hand. He basically says two things:

If it's a love relationship, you will need to give each other a lot more freedom than is customary. If it turns into a marriage (which he doesn't seem to think is prudent), you will SERIOUSLY need to give each other enough freedon to cultivate other relationships if desired, so the marriage bonds don't become stifling. This "open concept" (if it's even something you want to get into) might not be an ideal climate in which to raise children.

Otherwise, it can mean a desire to have fun and express yourselves in unusual ways, to perhaps act a little crazy or wild or unconventional. Sounds like fun if marriage isn't your immediate objective.

Tradionally, the 5th House is the house of all kinds of pleasure, including sex. As a "scientific" sign, Scorpio can get a bit . . . experimental. So, wild and crazy . . . but you get the picture :) The exaltation of Uranus in Scorpio is still a provisional dignity, as far as I know. If it is in fact strong there, the experimentation might get pretty unconventional and perhaps intense. You would need to look at any aspects to Uranus; Saturn could be a wet blanket for Uranus, Mars with it could be a tinder-box.

You didn't say whether he has shown an interest in you. You might want to tactfully find out what his thoughts are on unconventional relationships. More importantly, what are YOUR thoughts on it, before you get that far.

ETA: You will get other opinions here about the validity of even using Uranus. I responded from the perspective of a modern understanding of the outer planets. Call me a fence-sitter on the subject; I don't categorically toss them out, but I don't give them a lot of weight either.

wow. thank you!

yes we have known each other pretty well for over a year now.

yes ive searched and read up on uranus quite a bit as its pretty dominat in my chart. altho it has not expressed itself in its more traditional definition. as my moon is in cancer iam very much attached to tradition and crave something normal and stable. He does too but he is now a bachelor at the moment so i think he is enjoying life a little too much lol but i do belive he wants something normal and stable in the long run.

as for marriage. iam not sure at this moment. i want it but i think he has to be double sure. maybe its an aquarius moon thing lol

overall iam not very experimental nor do i seek it. but i do require freedom to come and go as i please and follow my whims. and i think he is pretty straight by the books kinda guy as his mars is in taurus lol

the only unconventional would be our cultural backgrounds but not really at the same time. as we both have juno in the 9th.

junethird

Well no it isn't. There are some modern attempts to allocate exaltations but the don't fit into the original rationale, indeed they don't have a rationale.

You're right to see Water signs as fruitful and the fifth is indeed connected to children but their are traditionally other factors to consider, as indeed there are in modern Astrology.

Start by looking at the individual charts. A composite does not supercede them. Indeed a composite needs to be treated with great care,as its strictly speaking not a chart of anything. By that I mean there's no corresponding event that generated the chart. It might throw up some insights but you must not read it without looking at the two natal charts.

Your task is to see what the 'fertility' of yourself and the 'fertilty' of the guy is. Make your judgement based on those assessments. Then look to see if the Composite yields any useful additional information

thank you for the info! iam glad you expande on the fertility notion. yes we are both fertile. iam not sure about me currently as i have not experimented the last few years. but he has moon on the 5th natally and i have mars in mine.

my natal promises atleast 1. and his is fertile. i saw 2 so far. i belive my last solar return promised maybe 2. maybe twins i think and for 2014/2015 maybe finally coceiving that promised child. his last solar return also promised one unexpected pregnancy surprise. so thats good. and for 2014/2015 his asc will be in scorpio which falls on my natal 7th house. so i think it looks good.

junethird

we both have some really nice contacts and maybe some hard ones here and there but looks like we have enough good stuff to trump the speed bumps.

the thing that tripped me up was uranus in scorpio and in the 5th! and what it might mean for marriage to take place.

in our connection ive noticed that we are very well informed about one another's schedule and when we arent or one of us does something that is not openly known or shared with the other its a bit of a showdown. also he is more expressive about his feelings than iam. i hold back more. iam a more private gemini and he is a more open gemini lol

thank you all for you thoughts. should i post the chart?

Minderwiz

thank you all for you thoughts. should i post the chart?

On it's own the composite chart is of little use. If you want to take it further you could post the two natal charts or better still the natal details, that allows other derived charts to be calculated and/or different house systems or zodiacs to be used in gifing feed back.

I can calculate a composite from the natal details

junethird

On it's own the composite chart is of little use. If you want to take it further you could post the two natal charts or better still the natal details, that allows other derived charts to be calculated and/or different house systems or zodiacs to be used in gifing feed back.

I can calculate a composite from the natal details

thank you minderwiz. i opened a new thread :)