"your name" spread

celticnoodle

interesting spread. maybe i'll try this too. i have short names, thank goodness. first name has 5letters, middle name 5 letters and last name is only 4. :laugh: but, reading through this interesting thread, has gotten me excited to try it!

finn-icky--i wish i had seen your post 2wks ago! I'd LOVE to take a look at your reading and wonder if you posted it in the the "Your Readings" thread?

Ann Yu

September Pixie said:
Maybe I am misunderstanding this... but.. uh.. how do we draw the cards from our names? I mean do we add the letters together in the sections or just place them? And if you just draw them, why is your name even used as opposed to just drawing cards for this spread?

- I think Chin Lee Kam:
Lee is considered as middle name
- Can I divide Chin like this: CH - I -N
- What about my name? Ann Yu - I absolutely have no middle name, can there be totally extra cards?
- Which name can I use? I got Vietnamese name, Chinese name and English name :D

lunalafey

I think that any name you choose would be just fine.
Ann Yu, maybe Yu could take the place of the middle name?

Alaanya Crae

I tried this spread and it was amazingly accurate. I used my married name. I posted my results under the readings threads. But I really do recommend this spread.

Merenwen

I'm looking at this again, and I might actually do it this time.

I'm not sure whether to go for 14 or 30 cards. I just want to make sure I have this worked out correct:

First name: 6 Letters
XX / XX / XX
Past / Present / Future

Middle name: 7 / 5 / 7 letters
As I have 3 middle names, I'm considering 2 options. As I never use my middle names in full, I could go for 1 card for each initial, giving me 1 card each for obstacles/self/allies. Or I can go for 7 cards for Obstacles, 5 for self and 7 for allies. (yes, it did strike me as odd how nicely they divide up)

X / X / X
or
XXXXXXX / XXXXX / XXXXXXX
Obstacles / Self / Allies

Last name: 5 letters
X / X / X / X / X
Body / Mind / Sprit / Emotions / Will

As I'm not very experienced at reading option 3 on the middle names does not appeal to me. Doing a middle name reading for each name and then combining them seems more complicated that looking at more cards. And my limited practice is also the reason the 30 cards don't appeal to me. But as it's my 30th birthday coming up, maybe I should!

Any thoughts from anyone which option to go for? Have I even got the numbers right?

PaganMistress

" your name" Spread

Amazing and quite an interesting journey. I just wanted to know, I have 22 letters in my name. Plus my married name 5 equaling 27. Does that mean I should have 27 cards down?

My name is Charmaigne Yvette BentonBurke, what would tht look like in the card form is what I wanted to know.? Thank you if you have the time, and thank you for the spread if you dont. Mahalo, and Aloha,

Yvette " Pagan Mistress "

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

-- Thomas Jefferson --

SkadisPhoenix

I'm trying to work my divisions up now.

five letters in my first name, so: xx/x/xx?

Two middle names as well, 4 and 9, so: xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxx?

As for my surname, I wanna cry, it's double barrelled and is 8 and 8 so 16 altogether. I THINK I'd divide it into: xxx/xxx/xxxx/xxx/xxx?

So many CARDS! :O :p

Starbreeze

I just tried this spread. I am very impressed by it. Definitely one of the more interesting spreads I've come across.

WinterRose

Oh that is one I will DEFINITELY be trying. My first name is 6 letters long, so that divides up nicely to xx/xx/xx, and my middle is only nine letters too, so that splits up to xxx/xxx/xxx, and my last name fits perfectly at only 5 letters long!

churruta

Name spread: what do the cards have to do with the name?

I'm very interest in this name spread idea, but, when I tried to sort it out in my mind, I suddenly realized that there was no information on what cards go with what letters or letter groups. If I break my names into their parts and, then, just deal out cards for each part, isn't that the same as dealing out cards to the categories instead? In other words, using the example of Tom: T/O/M = Past/Present/Future. If "T" doesn't signify a particular card (and maybe it does; that's my question), then "Past" is equivalent: you deal out the same card for both. If that's the case, then why do we use names at all; instead, we could just use the categories. Catch my drift? Or am I missing a crucial piece of information here (such as which card goes with what letter or letter group)? Thanks for your advice!