Your Favorite Lenormand?

kalliope

Okay, I looked everywhere and finally just found some on ebay but they are really expensive on there. I only pay $2.50 a tin so I would suggest if you have a China Town near you, to go to an herb shop to find it. Here's the ebay link to show you what they look like. Again, this is a super expensive price. Especially since you only get 4 lozenges in a tin. Not that would be the reason for you to buy it but it's really a good lozenge for cough/cold/flu season! :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...e&_nkw=Golden+Dule+Lozenge&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Anyway, I used alcohol inks from Adirondak. They are fabulous and stick to metals, glass, plastics etc. And on the lid I used archival stamping ink and obviously used rubber stamps to transfer the image. Oh yes, I also used a couple rub ons.

Thanks so much for the link so we know what to look for. We do have a Chinatown in Boston, but I confess that I haven't checked it out! I see on Yelp that we have at least one Chinese herb shop, so I'll have to go on a little adventure. :) (Although I may spring for two tins for my favorite minis, and then only get more if I can find them cheaper in person...)

Thanks for the recommended ink too. For someone like me the paint and ink selection at the craft store is so overwhelming, so this helps!

I hope this helps. Although a bit off topic but not too much as I put my FAVORITE Lenormands, which happen to be minis, into these cute lozenge tins. I was kind of hoping I could find blanks of these tins (without lozenges) so I could paint them up and put them in my store to sell with my minis. I will try to be on the look out for them.

Totally on topic! :laugh: Yes, if you find a source of blank tins, please do share. There was a thread around here somewhere about bulk tins. It wasn't your thread, was it? I always meant to look at it more closely. I wonder if the stores mentioned had such small sizes? I'll try to find the thread and report back.

I have no artistic skills- thankfully my hubby found me this fantastic little tin. :D

You can buy them here:

http://www.perpetualkid.com/ouija-mints.aspx

Those are adorable, I want one! I've never seen them before. It is too bad that more decks don't fit in the mint tins, otherwise I'd get a bunch of those.

As a second choice for minis if you can't find the cute lozenge tins, you guys may want to try Xyla or VerMints brands. They are more square shaped, so although they are bigger than the minis really need, they aren't overly big in one direction (like the longer tins) so the deck doesn't swim inside as badly. There would be plenty of room to line the tins, too. Here are some pics of the tins and the Postmark Mini:

Attachments

• Mini_tins_comparison.jpg
    Mini_tins_comparison.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 89
  • VerMints_mini_1.jpg
    VerMints_mini_1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Vermints_mini_2.jpg
    Vermints_mini_2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 78

ladybird

Kalliope, those are great mint tins, at least a good enough size for the mini lenormands. The thing I like about the Golden tins is that the cough drops that come in the tin are wrapped so you don't have to clean them as deeply as the mint tins.

tarot heart

Is this the same process and inks you used for the tin with the
handwriting stamp?
Thanks lb!

Oh, and another one of my favorite lenormans is the Palimpset which also comes with a mini option now!

ladybird

Is this the same process and inks you used for the tin with the
handwriting stamp?
Thanks lb!

Oh, and another one of my favorite lenormans is the Palimset which also comes with a mini option now!

Yes, tarot heart, it is the same process!

manga365

Thanks for sharing the video, ladybird! They look awesome!

Penthasilia

Just received the Game of Hope today.

Oddly enough- I like it even more than my Dondorf (both the older one, and the newer purple one).

I haven't received the Gluck or Mertz yet- but so far, the Game of Hope has risen to the top of my favorite pile. Which makes me think that I will be using more decks with simple symbolism- as it is striking how amazingly it reads, and how clear the imagery is directed.

The messy unelegance, the coloring outside the lines, the mottled card stock- the Game of Hope is absolutely lovely! Tag- you did a fantastic job and thanks so much! And, for those of you who may have wondered (like I did) whether or not the double card inserts would be annoying- they are not. It all just seems to work very well together.