Great book on intuitive reading

SunChariot

Hope to hear more of what you guys think of it afterwards!

Have fun!

Babs

sunstallion

Can you recommend any other good intuitive reading books ?

I skimmed through this book at Barnes and Nobles. I dont think it is good for me just because it is a work book, also, I dont have time to try the exercises. It does not explain much. Can you recommend any other good books ?

I say I dont have time to try the exercises. I mean I dont have time to really follow through every single thing in the book. I usually look here and there to get the information I want, but dont have time to read from the front to back.

SunChariot

sunstallion said:
I skimmed through this book at Barnes and Nobles. I dont think it is good for me just because it is a work book, also, I dont have time to try the exercises. It does not explain much. Can you recommend any other good books ?

I say I dont have time to try the exercises. I mean I dont have time to really follow through every single thing in the book. I usually look here and there to get the information I want, but dont have time to read from the front to back.

Actually, A Magical Course in Tarot: Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way, by Michele Morgan, is not a workbook. It's just a normal (text)book. As far as I know there are no exercises at all in it. Unless Michele has come out with a workbook to accompany her textbook?

Yeah, though it would be a book that would normally be read from cover to cover.

Another fun book, one of my favourites, is Tarot for Self-Discovery, by Nina Lee Braden. That one would be a book you don't need to read cover to cover, just do the parts you want.

While not as much a book on Intutive reading, it is not a textbook but a series of quite insightful "spreads" to do. But it uses a unique method, choosing cards faceup by your emotional response to them in relation to the question. It actually is a great book, and the spreads are amazingly revealing when you do them. I know I found out a lot of surprising things about myself from that book.

Babs

Liralen

Hi SunChariot,

I've just read the book (Michele Morgan's) and I think it's great.
Thank you for recommending it :) !

Bean Feasa

Thanks for starting this thread Sunchariot :)

I loved Michéle Morgan's book when I read it about 2 years ago, and you've reminded me it's just about time for a re-read. Like Lark, I think the illustrations are adorable - so fresh. In fact the whole approach is fresh. Now that I think of it, the people who feel they are hitting a dry patch with tarot lately could do worse than take a look at A Magical Course in Tarot.

I also love Tarot for Self-Discovery. Although it's a workbook, Sunstallion, you can dip in and out of it and do an exercise here and there, now and again. It's not a rigid workbook that you have to work through day after day. If you ever do decide to buy it just think of it as a chance to play with the cards, not as a big chore that you have to take on. It's fun, honestly. ;)

blessings,

SunChariot

You're welcome. :grin:

For some reason right before I started the thread I had an intuition of sorts that I needed to post it, and that I had to do it because the book would help someone in their life. Don't know which one of you it was, but it was supposed to help someone. :grin:

Babs

Liralen

Well, I don't know if it was intended for me, but it certainly helped me.
You know, I was becoming a little to stuck on defined card meanings, even my own intuitive card meanings. I thought once I had found out for myself what a card means, that would be it. As you can imagine, things got a little unexciting with this approach.

Then I read Michele Morgan's book and the enthusiasm she has for the cards is so catching and really helps me to see the cards from a new perspective every time I do a reading.

So thanks again for your help ;)!

SunChariot

very very welcome. :grin:

That's what we're all here for,

Babs

mabthescorpio

I'll have to pick this one up!

sunstallion

To SunChariot

Hi SunChariot,

I finally bought this book. Looks very good. Do you know any other good books on intuitive tarot that you can recommend ? I just want to know more than one author's opinion.