Anyone reading Tarot Shadow Work (Using the Dark Symbols to heal) by Christine Jette

tarot4fun

amaretta said:
I've done it all. But the full cycle took a lot of time (about a year).
And I have to say it was the great experience.
So glad to see your note - I was just thinking this morning about the first book I read on this subject _The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford ... it took me a little over a year to finish it. You can't do shadow work every day!
Thanks for sharing :)

Ladyhawke

I've made it all the way through once (and got about halfway once before that), and that all-the-way-through trip involved about a two-year stop in the middle. My coven's just starting to tackle it, and I hope to keep us going on it and not get sidetracked. I thought it was just me who got sidetracked, but it's nice to know I wasn't alone. :D It's really a wonderful book.

tarot4fun

I trod along beating my drum...

Ladyhawke said:
...My coven's just starting to tackle it, and I hope to keep us going on it and not get sidetracked. I thought it was just me who got sidetracked, but it's nice to know I wasn't alone. :D It's really a wonderful book.
Group therapy! How wonderful for friends to support each other during a not so easy process. Would that we all were that privileged. :)

My new deck, Golden Tarot is what I use for all my spreads from this book. The fool is a lady walking near a cliff with her drum and little dog. I'm moving along slowly but surely.
Blessings to all

Ladyhawke

I used Fantastical the last time around but this time I think I'm gonna go for the basics -- Universal Waite. It'll be interesting to see if there are any differences. Fantastical can sometimes be brutal, both in imagery and in bluntness.

tarot4fun

What a great idea Ladyhawke!
I hadn't thought about going through the book again using another deck. Thanks for sharing!
Now I will be thinking about which deck to use next time around - maybe Tarot of the Secret Forest. :)

brujablanca

Not sure just how old this post is, sorry. But I read Tarot Shadow Work and I loved it. It was just one of those books I couldn't put down.

Since finishing, I have been using the spreads in my reading practice. I've had some very positive feedback so far. I would love to get to the point where I am "specializing" in Shadow Work.

I have also used the spreads for self-discovery and personal meditation.

I can't speak highly enough of the method.

Hummingbird

I am iffy on this book since I read a negative review of it at Amazon. Does anyone have comments on the poor review? Perhaps the review author was being a bit harsh, I do not know, so your thoughts are appreciated. From what he said, I have to wonder how much crystal work type of stuff is included. Not that I'm against crystal work, I just don't want to read another carbon copy Llewellyn type book with the same information over and over. Too much "new age" is a turn off, especially when we're talking about Jung and the Shadow.

tarot4fun

brujablanca said:
...I read Tarot Shadow Work and I loved it....

I have also used the spreads for self-discovery and personal meditation.

I can't speak highly enough of the method.
I'm almost finished with this book! :D
I like these star spreads and fully intend to continue using them for meditation and such.
Blessings~

Ladyhawke

I just got "Tarot for the Healing Heart," also by Christine Jette, and I can't wait to see if it works together with the shadow work book. Kind of a light complement to the dark side.

brujablanca

Please let me know what you think of the book LadyHawk