Japanese Tarot Nintendo DS Game

Mirabella

Cute! I'll buy it for sure.

barafubuki

im thinking about creating an english patch for this game. i'll keep everyone updated.

metal_romantic

I <3 those cards!

It appears to be called "Let's Tarott" (with the T pronounced instead of silent)... (I used to be quite good at Japanese, unfortunately I'm rusty now, but could read the title) ^_^

barafubuki

藤森緑のLet'sタロット
あなたも今日から占い師

Fujimori Midori no Let's Tarot
Anata mo Kyou kara Uranaishi

which roughly translates to:

Midori Fujimori's: Let's Learn the Tarot
[Starting today] You too can become a master of tarot cards!

----------

I just got the game, and its really neat!! Not only do you learn Tarot...you can have Fujimori-sensei give you readings.

It looks like everything in the game deals with the major arcana only.

The first dialogue in the game:

ごあいさつ:

はじめまして。
私は占い師の藤森 緑です。
ようこそタロットの世界へ!

GREETINGS:

How do you do.
My name is Midori Fujimori, and I'm a tarot card reader.
Welcome to the world of tarot!

----------

Also, I want to point out. There's another DS game that not only does Tarot, but a whole bunch of other kinds of fortune things. (Past life, palm reading, daily horoscope...)

http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/st102/intro.html

I haven't gotten this one yet...but...first I'm going to try and write an English patch for Let's Tarot first. If its successful I might try to translate this one too.

WingspreadPhoenix

Gah!! My two most favorite things, video games and tarot, are together in one box! I must save my money and get it somehow! D: It's too cute! Blast my love for all things Japanese! D:<

barafubuki

Shade said:
Ooooh an English patch for the deck, I hope you have time to create that. The individual cards look very beautiful: http://ds.fujimido.jp/original_tarot.html

I wish the artist who was commissioned to make these SHOULD have made a set for the Minor Arcana as well, they are just absolutely beautiful!!

...but I'm glad the game deals only with the Major Arcana...I've already taken a look through the scripts and there are WAY too many options interpretations given in the readings...good to preserve the the different outcomes of a reading...bad for me if im going to have to translate them all. XD;;

Seriously though, these are some of my favorite cards...and a Minor Arcana would have been a lovely accompaniment.

Bridget

Interesting concept, although I'd rather stick with my real cards. (I stare at screens too much as it is.) What I think is amazing about this deck is that the artist managed to make the Devil and Death look cute. :)

mits

being another japanese here, i'm rather surprised and impressed how you some western people got interested in it. while it seems intened for young japanese women who's interested in fortune telling on light purposes, it might be good to create some another serious tarot deck in manga-fashon...

zephyr_heart

Silverlotus said:
And, to take things even further off topic, I just noticed the other day that the boss monsters in House of the Dead 2 and 3 are named after Tarot cards.
So far until now, only Priestess, Devil, and Moon still not featured.

Anyway, guess I'll buy one as soon as I can Love it :*:love: