Being called by the Faeries

Athara

Hello all!
I'm new to this forum and I was wandering around it, when I stumbled across this Faerie's Oracle part. I read some posts and decided to look up some pictures on the net. Suddenly, I felt the urge, the need, to order it. I just felt so good. I had to, almost had no choice.

So I did :).

Greetings, another Faerie's 'victim' ;)

Alissa

Another has heard Their call

Wonderful news~! If you poke around here long enough, I imagine you might read a post or two I've written on my own Fae adventures, and I wholeheartedly support your decision to invite Them into your life. Welcome aboard!

When I first ordered my deck, I could barely *wait* for them to get here! You must be ever so excited :D I kept telling my husband, "The Fairies are coming! The Faeries are coming!"

If you haven't already figured it out from other threads, you may wish to read only the introduction to the Faerie Oracle book that comes with this deck. Many users prefer to make their own associations with what each card "means," and there are exercises in that openning section that you can take part in here on this forum (such as the Favorite card and least comfortable cards, etc) that help you with that.

In any case, I do hope you post lots when your Fae arrive and tell us about your own adventures. I've come to adore them even more over time, so it gets only more fun as time progresses. Enjoy their wisdom and their wackiness, and be imaginative. Imagination is the key to finding even more Fae in your life.

Athara

As I was reading your post I became even more sure that I made the right choice...
I simply cannot wait for it to arrive, but it could take 1 to even 6 weeks... I know, patience is a virtue...

I'm sure I'll post lots of stuff right here :).

You can read the whole book after you've become acquainted with the faeries in your own way, can you?

Tnx!

Athara

Khatruman

Welcome, and glad you heard the call... The Piper pipes in another... :D Will be looking forward to hearing your insights to the fae folk.

Peace!

rostie

Athara said:
As I was reading your post I became even more sure that I made the right choice...
I simply cannot wait for it to arrive, but it could take 1 to even 6 weeks... I know, patience is a virtue...

I'm sure I'll post lots of stuff right here :).

You can read the whole book after you've become acquainted with the faeries in your own way, can you?

Tnx!

Athara

a very warm welcome here!!!

when i ordered them i couldn't wait either ;) (i had to wait for more than 10 weeks, terrible!), lol, the thing i did then was going regulary to their webpage, so you already can get a little familiar with them...they are so beautifull to look at, and you can do a 1 card spread and a 3 card spread on the site, with a lovely piece of music when you do this from woodland!

mainpage:
http://www.worldoffroud.com/
faerie's oracle:
http://www.worldoffroud.com/www/faeries/oracle/index.cfm

and then click faerie oracle on-line, then it appear :)

:) and yes, sure you can read the whole book after!!! the book is just wonderfull!

with much of love,
sara.

Athara

Tnx Rostie! I'll follow your advise to visit the site regularly...

Jewel

6 weeks? 10 weeks? ... OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY I would simply die of impatience *LOL*. Anthra you are in for a real treat :D

The reason we recommend doing the exercises in the book before looking up the card meanings is because those exercises are a bonding experience between you and the faeries, and you will see how well your intuition works with the deck. Once you have done the exericises then feel free to read on. You can read the opening chapters and do the exercises in them within a day and move right on into the rest of the book. Soon enough you will cease to view them as cards ... they have a life of their own. I am glad you heard them calling :p

Alissa

Boy howdy, I agree with Jewel! I had to wait all of about 7 days, and I thought I was just going to EXPIRE from the effort of that!!!
Even my husband was glad they had arrived, just so he didn't have to keep hearing of Their eminent arrival every day.

And, I second what Jewel so eloquently stated about how the exercises help with bonding, and sparking your own intuition. There are no "rules" with the Fae, only what is useful and what isn't ... and that is up to each to discover with their own Fae kin.

Another thing that is unusual to this deck is many people (I've found) who might have little to no interest in Tarot can be drawn to these cards. The artwork alone is amazing. My husband has a passing interest in cards, since I'm interested, but even he found himself going through the deck, card by card, just to check it out.

One of the opening exercises in the book is to sort your faery cards, and I was sorting and resorting all over the couch that night, between us. It was ever so much fun, I envy you that brand-new experience, Athara!

Enjoy them, and tell us all about it. I just adore Faery tales. I didn't outgrow them, I suppose ... or glitter for that matter, which may or may not be a related issue (I'll leave it to you to decide ;)).

Jewel

Alissa said:
I envy you that brand-new experience, Athara!

Alissa you have no reason to envy Anhara :D ... did you read the thread where I posted about redoing all those exercises after about 9 months of working with the deck? Well let me tell you it was even better than the first time!!! I have decided to do the exercises in the front of the book about every 6 to 9 months. Faunabay also redid the exercises and had the same exact type of experience I did ... she also said it was better than the first time! I would say hold off until you have had the deck at least 6 months then try those exercises all over again ... I think you will quite surprised by how it goes.

Alissa

hmmmmmm I've been thinking about redoing the exercies myself, also felt that enough time hadn't yet passed. I do intend to though, and I hope it is as much fun as when they were all new faces.