Crystal Study Group: ROSE QUARTZ

danieljuk

I know I talked about it on a Crystal thread before but I have an interesting experience with Rose Quartz which is a little weird. I found it very powerful, which is weird because it should be gentle and calming. with love and emotional healing. I am such a beginner at crystals and stones and brought a whole different lot online to help with calming and anxiety and stress. Looked at a website with the list of the best ones for that and then randomly brought the ones that appealed to me in some way.

I brought about 6 small tumble stones and crystals. The Rose Quartz one has the biggest almost "stirring" up effect. I touched it and it didn't seem to feel bad or something to keep away from. But I don't have it around me all the time. It doesn't make me feel emotional or anything with it, just events in life go weird or more difficult when its in my pocket!

I have gently had it around me more and more and I think its easier to have near me now. Perhaps its the emotional healing in action :) I am really drawn to it though, it is a beautiful one!

Hiding in Shadows

It's interesting that you mention the "stirring up effect" you felt with your Rose Quartz. Not everyone gets the same feelings out of the same stone. Perhaps you got a mischievious stone? It is a stone of love, so perhaps it's letting you know that something in that area needs addressing? Cleanse it and spend time with it. I met a young woman once who was the happy go lucky type. Sweet as can be. She didn't like the feel of Rose Quartz at all. Then again, I don't feel that there was much it could offer her either. Just some random thoughts...

danieljuk

It's interesting that you mention the "stirring up effect" you felt with your Rose Quartz. Not everyone gets the same feelings out of the same stone. Perhaps you got a mischievious stone? It is a stone of love, so perhaps it's letting you know that something in that area needs addressing? Cleanse it and spend time with it. I met a young woman once who was the happy go lucky type. Sweet as can be. She didn't like the feel of Rose Quartz at all. Then again, I don't feel that there was much it could offer her either. Just some random thoughts...

will try cleansing it again! I asked with a pendulum and it said it was cleansed. but might try that again :) the really funny thing is that often I am described by others as happy go lucky and sweet too!

I do have emotional issues and problems with letting people get very close to me, so I think that I got the biggest reaction from it because perhaps it is healing! I think I will take your advice and see what happens. I think it can offer me a lot and perhaps is the stone that is on my problems the most! interestingly of my random selection the most calming grounding stone of the lot for my anxiety was Black Tourmaline. Not giving up on the Rose Quartz yet :)

Hemera

Well, after one week with the Rose Quartz I can say that it has been a much more powerful stone in many ways than I ever expected. I did not have very high expectations when I started but the fact is I ve had more vivid dreams this past week than all year. (Except for the week with Aquamarine)
Rose quartz seems to enhance and boost all kinds of creativity since I have re started several of my old arts and craft projects this past week. I have been painting, drawing and making music much more actively than I normally do. Ideas are bubbling in my head and I cant wait to make them real.
I am not sure if I have noticed any harmful effects but if I had to name one it might be the lack of self control. Okay, okay..I lack self control and I cant blame a crystal for all the consumption of chocolate last week. But the crystal sure isnt helping.!

DownwardSpiral

Well.....this crystal is all about love and don't people in love eat chocolate? : )

I carried my rose quartz with me to work yesterday and then slept with it last night. I did sleep much better than the night before but no dreams for me. Today I took it again to work and I have to say I was feeling much better....laughing and joking with people even though I miss my friend.....and we work in the same section so we can see each other. I wish I knew about this crystal years ago. Overall I feel pretty good : )

Padma

Well, after one week with the Rose Quartz I can say that it has been a much more powerful stone in many ways than I ever expected. I did not have very high expectations when I started but the fact is I ve had more vivid dreams this past week than all year. (Except for the week with Aquamarine)
Rose quartz seems to enhance and boost all kinds of creativity since I have re started several of my old arts and craft projects this past week. I have been painting, drawing and making music much more actively than I normally do. Ideas are bubbling in my head and I cant wait to make them real.
I am not sure if I have noticed any harmful effects but if I had to name one it might be the lack of self control. Okay, okay..I lack self control and I cant blame a crystal for all the consumption of chocolate last week. But the crystal sure isnt helping.!

lol! I would say the same as DS did - chocolate stimulates the glands the produce the euphoria of love :) so I can see why Rose Quartz would make you want to eat a lot of it. I have a pendant of it, largish, that was given to me at Christmas by my mate but I seem to have an anti-matter reaction to it - it feels so very weak...maybe I should try wearing it for a bit, though I like my stones big and red! lol! (am addicted to pigeon blood ruby at the mo)

I will have another look at mine and see if I can try it while you are, Hemera. Interesting about the dreams - my friend here is just learning about crystal healing, and she has reported much more vivid and memorable dreams since beginning to work with them... ;)

wildchilde

I just received a link to this old blog post by a cancer survivor, reiki practitioner, and crystal healer discussing how Rose Quartz (and reiki) chose her during her healing work as she went through chemo. I thought it was worth passing on to others.

Fighting Cancer with Crystal Healing by Jennifer Bagley

DownwardSpiral

I need to take a look at that link but will say I've been working with another crystal (I still need to write up) and I'm getting the feeling I'm supposed to go back and work with the rose quartz some more. And I have to say I too wasn't expecting much from the rose quartz but I noticed a big difference in the way I felt once I put it away.

Padma

Hemera, your post made me literally force myself to find a way to wear the repulsive pink quartz! lol...as I paint for a living, and am currently stymied and not being creative - well, if it will make me get back on my painting stool and dig my brushes out, then I need this stone...lol!

After all that chat about tone and resonance and chakral colours and everything, I was surprised to see I favour the green stones (heart chakra) but not the pink ones (High heart chakra.) So what I did today was put on a green shirt, and put on my beloved and beautiful green heart stone, Vesuvianite. Then, on a slightly shorter chain, I put on my pink quartz pendant so it would be a bit higher than the green one ;) and then I put on a pink hoodie. In this way, I seem to be able to tolerate the pink quartz - maybe because it is echoing what the chakras do. I can't wear it alone - it feels too weak for me personally, but it seems to get along just fine with the Vesuvianite...we'll see how it goes! lol!

(oh, and - can I blame it for the consumption of a bag of taco chips? lol! ANd my diet was coming along so well, too! ;p )

DownwardSpiral

Well....two nights ago my heart was aching so bad I put my rose quartz in my pocket...right next to my heart...slept with it in my pillow and then took it to work with me yesterday. It helped calm me down alot and my heart feels much better.

And this is the really weird part.....the pietersite put me in a go, go, go take action now...ideas popping into my head mindset. So this is the mindset I had going back to the rose quartz. And then last night on the way to the laundrymat I had this calm feeling come over me. As my whole life seems to be up in the air...I got this feeling to just sit back and let everything fall.....and when it was finally over to pick up whatever was left and just go : )