Why is the crystal kingdom calling us?

linnie

This is an interesting question! I have noticed that crystals have been calling but I always thought it is just me :p
I have not paid attention to the bigger picture. Are crystals more easily available? Are there more shops and places where to get them? Are there more books on crystals? (-I guess there are more all kinds of esoteric books these days? And tarot decks.) There is more mining in my part of the world and new mines are started etc. but I´ve put that under human greed more than anything else..Anyway. I´have to say I´m not sure. I´ll have to think about this.

I´m really looking forward to hearing people´s thoughts on this.

Hello all... :)

I've been a crystal collector for decades, and just love them... They are my friends and although I've never formalised healings with them, I often hand one out to friends in need, and it gives them great comfort. (I do look into their metaphysical properties first, but mainly just go with gut feeling about what someone needs at any given time... :)

It is very true, Hemera, that crystals, at least in my part of Australia, were less accessible decades ago, but then, so was most esoterica...

We have an annual Gemfest locally, where dozens of different stallholders, possibly hundreds, sell either rough stones collected while fossicking on camping trips, or very precious and expensive rare crystals, and everything in between... That Gemfest takes up a whole show ground and associated pavilions, pretty much, and it is pure bliss (except for the excruciating moment of realisation that dollars have fled one's wallet whilst there are still so many beautiful crystal friends as yet unadopted :)

I expect more people are being called by crystals because stones are of the Earth, and the Earth needs our help.... Whether used in gridwork, or simple Feng Shui cures, or simply as worry stones, crystal energy is healing.... I only hope that they are being more respectfully unearthed, than previously was the case, as many crystals show up in shops looking really quite broken and dispirited... I'm sure they, like everything else, respond to love, though! :)

linnie

I didn't know anything about crystals but wanted to buy a whole random mix of different stones! So I went to a website (really should have done it in person but at that time I couldn't get to an actual shop) and I chose random stones. I didn't look at any values, just one's that I liked for whatever reason, I think it was mostly based on colour and feeling.

so I got a whole random lot and the hilarious thing is they suited me perfectly. all had qualities and astrological and property info that fit me! they also all fitted helping an area of me that needed healing!

I feel very drawn to them, but only in the last year or so and I was drawn to the one's that really I bought blind!

I would like to go to a real shop in future and choose the one's that I feel drawn to though as well :)
Hello in there, Danieljuk :) You seem to have a very good intuitive streak! Yay!!! :) That's wonderful :) I bet when you meet some in person in a store they'll absolutely sing to you, and call "pick me, pick me"... they do that! :)

MandMaud

I feel very drawn to them, but only in the last year or so and I was drawn to the one's that really I bought blind!

I would like to go to a real shop in future and choose the one's that I feel drawn to though as well :)

Hi Danieljuk, I agree, with intuition like that you don't need to worry - though being physically present does help of course.

I have no transport (fingers crossed, may be driving again before the end of this year...) so all my buying is online, often eBay. Still possible to get the "right" thing especially taking the trouble to get a feel for the people behind the e-shop.

There's a UK fair "The Rock & Gem Show" I think it's called??? which visits Cheltenham race course yearly - that's not too far from here - but I believe it tours the country too. I haven't been but maybe one day if I'm brave (and feeling rich!!) but I love a little shop in Bourton-on-the-Water, about an hour's drive from here and tiny, but knowledgeable and very willing to chat and to show you things, even things that aren't yet on show once they see you're interested. These little shops are probably all over the place.

intuitiveinsight

Yes I'm fortunate to find a couple of crystal shops though the people who run it aren't that friendly.
There is another shop 45 minutes from where I live though.
I like to go see crystals in person.
Yes Linnie, that's the way that people can choose crystals, however some crystals also choose their owners! Just go with the ones you're drawn to!

Padma

I've always loved stones in general. :) Even as a very young child I would cram my pockets with them. As I grew I came to appreciate crystals too. I still have a mix of both all over the place in my house - on window ledges, in bowls, in baskets. Mixed with shells or with sea glass. Fossils or mountain top stones. I let them choose me!

I believe that the crystals are sort of linked to a main energy or "mind" or even motherboard/computer hard drive so to speak, in the earth. As computers cannot function without crystals, so too I believe we don't function with all our circuits without crystals. And I believe that the surge of interest in them is strongly tied to the fact that we are all wired into a computer of some sort - cell phone, ipad, what have you. And so we more than ever also need the crystal in order to properly function.

I am kind of worried though about all the crystals being dug out of the earth though...I think the core of the earth needs them to survive healthily, and in a balanced state. If they are eventually all removed, I think that would be catastrophic for the balance of the planet in general, and for earth's holistic health particularly.

Take only what you need, and leave plenty in the earth :)

linnie

Yes Linnie, that's the way that people can choose crystals, however some crystals also choose their owners! Just go with the ones you're drawn to!
That's what I thought I was saying... the ones calling out "pick me" are definitely choosing their owners! :)

I am kind of worried though about all the crystals being dug out of the earth though...I think the core of the earth needs them to survive healthily, and in a balanced state. If they are eventually all removed, I think that would be catastrophic for the balance of the planet in general, and for earth's holistic health particularly.
You are a wise woman, LP. Hopefully, those who have crystals, and i know i have many, use them in a sacred way so that their energy is cycled through the planet. i use mine in many ways, but I often rest them, sitting in rain, sun, wind, starlight and moonlight, as well as lightning, on a beautiful big anchor stone in the very centre of my labyrinth, and I'm sure their energy is healed at the same time that they offer their own healing out to places where the energy is out of whack!

MandMaud

I'm not sure we (as a species) could really dig out enough to cause that. Can't see us getting near the actual core anyway!

When you think about it, we're the same as the moles and termites. We hardly make a dent in the surface - and termites could be accused of ruining the natural landscape with their city structures... ;)

I like to reassure myself like this. The other conclusion is SO scary.

You could also argue (though I'm not sure I would) that by giving her treasures, even to profiteers, Earth is fulfilling her nature - providing, Pentacles, prosperity, y'know?

Also, all the physical stuff we think we own, including crystals whether used for healing or for decoration or showing off, or gathering dust in a corner, will end up back in the ground just like previous generations' archaeological valuables. And non-valuable trivia. So Earth gets a good stirring-up but doesn't lose overall; the stir-up could in fact be useful. (In my own life they have been.) She is good at using whatever's thrown at her after all.

... Mothers generally are!

Looks like you've woken my what-if thinking creativity. Thank you, I enjoy that. :)

Slightly off topic, but yesterday I read about a kind of parrot that burrows up to 6 feet and makes its nest in there. Burrows upwards, usually, so not relevant to this! But recently, meaning the last couple of months more than ever before, I keep finding questions/information crops up that "joins up" with something I saw or heard in the last few days, so this struck me. Maybe that parrot is relevant to crystals somehow? ... Now I'm getting silly.

Padma

Hopefully, those who have crystals, and i know i have many, use them in a sacred way so that their energy is cycled through the planet. i use mine in many ways, but I often rest them, sitting in rain, sun, wind, starlight and moonlight, as well as lightning, on a beautiful big anchor stone in the very centre of my labyrinth, and I'm sure their energy is healed at the same time that they offer their own healing out to places where the energy is out of whack!

That conjures up such a beautiful image, Linnie - I am sure your crystals must be a happy and contented lot! And useful, too. I didn't stop to think about the energy exchange that is occurring while they recharge.

When you think about it, we're the same as the moles and termites. We hardly make a dent in the surface - and termites could be accused of ruining the natural landscape with their city structures... ;)

Scary actually, when you think of all the sinkholes developing everywhere!

Also, all the physical stuff we think we own, including crystals whether used for healing or for decoration or showing off, or gathering dust in a corner, will end up back in the ground just like previous generations' archaeological valuables. And non-valuable trivia. So Earth gets a good stirring-up but doesn't lose overall; the stir-up could in fact be useful. (In my own life they have been.) She is good at using whatever's thrown at her after all.

Interesting point of view, MandMaud - about the stir-up potentially being a healing thing, as it is for us. Catharsis is a necessary thing, after all...

Interesting about the tunneling parrot. Who knew! lol!

ravensong

This thread has some interesting responses...especially about the link between computers & our mind etc...never heard that before, Lotus Padma!

I think as energies shift, people awaken to higher guidance and truth...and for some, crystals serve that function, even subconsciously with some.

Most crystals/stones/gems in my collection have been gifted to me randomly over time since I was a kid, some I have lost along the way & some I purchased myself...either way, for sure, the crystals you need at that moment will find their way into your life and leave when they need to as well, even finding their way to a new "owner"...that's just my thought though ;)

Going to my first mineral fest/exhibit this year, so excited! :)

stonesatiety

Why is the crystal kingdom calling us? I think everybody else gave up and threw our number away!!! Stones are the last holdout.