Mystery crystal?

strangebrew

Hi everyone :)

I found a crystal under my bed, which i hadnt seen for a long time. I didnt recognize which one it was...it is beige/cream in colour and i have never seen an image of one before..could anyone suggest how i would find out the name and purpose of it

Thanks!

ETA ~ i think it could be a moonstone?

celticnoodle

you know, there are so many crystals that could be that color, and many crystals that come in various colors anyway, it will be difficult to say. Is there a way you can post a picture of it here so people can see it and hopefully determine what it is? The only other idea I have for you would be to take it with you to a shop where crystals are sold and see if someone working there can identify it or if you can find some like it in the shop. Or, you can also browse through pictures of crystals online.

some beige/cream colored crystals that I can think of: citrine or possibly moonstone.

strangebrew

you know, there are so many crystals that could be that color, and many crystals that come in various colors anyway, it will be difficult to say. Is there a way you can post a picture of it here so people can see it and hopefully determine what it is? The only other idea I have for you would be to take it with you to a shop where crystals are sold and see if someone working there can identify it or if you can find some like it in the shop. Or, you can also browse through pictures of crystals online.

some beige/cream colored crystals that I can think of: citrine or possibly moonstone.

Thanks celtic!! I found out what is was from online..you are right it is a moonstone..perfect for me at the moment too

:)

Starshower

That is terribly WEIRD!
Last week, I lost a special stone somewhere under my bed ... I heard it fall onto the hard floor in the middle of the night when I threw off a blanket, but was too tired to search for it. When I did in the morning ... and the next day ... & the next week ... and moved things about, even furniture ... there was no sign of it!
I joked on facebook about it having gone through a wormhole into another dimension, or through the space-time matrix (from under my bed to yours?!) I was / am very upset about it, since it was a gift from a friend who has moved abroad. :(

My stone was beigey-cream (!!!) & was an opal. A tumbled, raw opal.

I also have a couple of pink ones. They are opaque and feel slightly waxy to hold. They are supposed to have many 'healing properties', which you can look up online easily if you believe in that sort of thing. I'm not sure about all that, but I just love holding my crystals, & looking at them, & investing them with pleasant, relaxed memories & feelings to help me overcome anxieties & sleep (like "anchoring" & "re-triggering" in self-hypnosis / autogenics.) I have a wide selection of different colours, shapes & textures to enjoy. Works for me!

Anyway, how strange that I lost a creamy crystal under my bed & you found one!!! :)

I don't think yours is a moonstone, since those are white-ish and transparent or semi-transparent, and glass-like in texture, with a shimmer. These kinds of opals are waxy with no shimmer, and opaque.
Could you post a picture, please?

Enjoy it! (Or send it right back here if it's my one! lol. }) )

celticnoodle

Thanks celtic!! I found out what is was from online..you are right it is a moonstone..perfect for me at the moment too

:)
I'm so glad you found out what it was. :)

I don't think yours is a moonstone, since those are white-ish and transparent or semi-transparent, and glass-like in texture, with a shimmer. These kinds of opals are waxy with no shimmer, and opaque.
Could you post a picture, please?

Enjoy it! (Or send it right back here if it's my one! lol. }) )

Well, it would be difficult for us to know for sure, without actually seeing said stone. As I mentioned before, many crystals come in various colors--moonstones included. most moonstones do have a shimmer to them, yes, but they don't necessarily have to have one. As you know, opals also come in various colors. I have many opals-as it happens to be my birthstone. I also have a few moonstones.

But, I'd love to also see a picture if strangebrew is able to post one.

zannamarie

Does this mean you're still looking for the one you lost? :laugh:
Edited to add: I just saw your post that said you found the "lost" one.

strangebrew

Thanks everyone! Starshower...that IS weird!!!

Zanna, dont laugh, i have now lost an amethyst one..wondering what is going on,i got a reading..just as i suspected there is a very naughty spirit in my house :D....so annoying!!

Am going to attempt to show my stone...didnt do this before so dont hold your breath people :D Sorry tis a bit blurry but maybe someone can detect what it is?

Starshower

Oi! That's my one! Send it back to England! lol. :grin:
It's too blurred to judge really.

Hi, celticnoodle. I think we cross-posted. Yes, you're quite right: there are several versions of many crystals, and it's hard to tell without seeing a clear close-up of the stone or preferably several (to show up any shimmers, & whether it's transparent or not) and ideally feeling them too.
I'm still waiting for my opal to turn up - come on, house-fairies or Borrowers! I can bargain ... ;)

strangebrew

Not having it!!! :D

I doused and it came out as a moonstone! feels very soft and sensitive to hold anyway

Hope you get yours back starshower!

ETA ~ found my amethyst cluster...by the side of the bed on the floor :D