What stones for what ailments?

KristinCali

I've been collecting crystals and minerals since childhood and I would say I have a good basic understanding of their metaphysical and healing uses. But I still like to refer to books to tell me what stones might be best for certain ailments.

I have multiple books and NONE of them have the same "meanings" for any stones! I went to look up what might help my boyfriends snoring and one book said pyrite, another said jade, another said something totally different. I looked up what might help my acne and one book said hematite, another said amazonite or garnet. I'm just getting frustrated.

I've tried sensing from the stones themselves, asking them what they would be best for, but sometimes my intuition isn't enough. My question for others is how do you know what stones to use for what ailments?

Any advice? Book suggestions?

Mellaenn

I know what you mean about different meanings in different books, it can be so confusing. :confused:

What works for me is to thumb through a few books and read through the passages until something just 'jumps out' at me, like the other night I was searching for crystals that would aid in dream recall and several books had different crystals. I studied them all and a couple of them just 'felt' right so I went with those.

I've studied crystals and written up meanings for them to pass to my students now for several years and one day I bemusedly wrote up a description that could seemingly apply to any crystal...It seems they all help us connect with higher self, find balance, allow us to love ourselves, aid in healing, and so on.

I honestly think it doesn't matter what crystal you use to perform which task sometimes; it just matters that you connect energetically with a crystal. So pick the ones you like! IMHO. :)