cleansing - serious or silly?

Cleansing crystals - serious or woo-woo?

• Yes, I cleanse my crystals and I've noticed it's made a difference over time

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Yes, I cleanse my crystals, but I've not noticed any difference in how they work

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • No, I don't cleanse my crystals, or only irregularly, and have noticed a difference

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No, I don't cleanse my crystals, or only irregularly, and haven't noticed any difference

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

Sophie

Thanks everyone - these are thoughtful and useful answers. Elven - thanks for taking the time to walk me through your cleansing habits and philosophy. I have been in the habit of cleansing my stones in sunlight (more as a boost), and in moonlight, in a water bowl if the stones can take water. Sometimes I add salt. I have this dream of being able to bury my stones for a few days - but I don't live near the ground, and burying them in pots seems a bit pointless. The idea would be to get them close to Mother Earth!

But I still can't decide if it's not all in the mind. I have an active imagination - and that, of course, is how I charge stones for a purpose. I've had umpteen examples of them working (only last night I calmed an allergic cough by placing an adventurine heart on the part of the chest where the bronchials are located. I had to ask Des where the bronchials were ;) - and it worked. I had a peaceful sleep, whereas I had been coughing most of the evening.) But for the life of me, I can't see why my imagination can't just uncharge them. If all that's needed is intent and application of power - why use moonlight and water? I do, because they touch my imagination...

Sherringham said:
Yes I do cleanse my crystals, if they have been used for a Healing spell, then they must be cleansed as they have been charged for a specific person or animal, and the crystal's energy is focussed on that being.
Once they have recovered their health then I cleanse, if they have died, which sometimes happens, then the crystals are bathed in moonlight, sunlight and my quartz cluster to discharge any negative vibes, then stored in darkness for sometime until recharged.
Have you ever not cleansed them - either deliberately or by accident or ommission? If so - did you notice any difference to their workings?

sharpchick

Helvetica said:
But for the life of me, I can't see why my imagination can't just uncharge them. If all that's needed is intent and application of power - why use moonlight and water? I do, because they touch my imagination...

Moonlight and water have cleansing and charging energies. Think of the stones in nature, basking in the glow of moonlight or having water gently rippling over them for years and years - how fresh and pure they are then.

delizt

Hi Helvetica,

Your post reminded me once that I did actually bury some quartz crystals in the earth! I kept them there overnight and I have to say, other than needing cleansing to get rid of the dirt, they didn't feel that much "clearer" and I think that because the crystals "want" to be out of the earth and in the fresh air, sunlight and moonlight...it's part of why they are here:))

Using my breath and visualization along with rinsing always seems to work and the sunlight and moonlight are "natures" chargers...for us and well as the stones!

Elven

Helvetica said:
But I still can't decide if it's not all in the mind. I have an active imagination - and that, of course, is how I charge stones for a purpose. I've had umpteen examples of them working (only last night I calmed an allergic cough by placing an adventurine heart on the part of the chest where the bronchials are located. I had to ask Des where the bronchials were - and it worked. I had a peaceful sleep, whereas I had been coughing most of the evening.) But for the life of me, I can't see why my imagination can't just uncharge them. If all that's needed is intent and application of power - why use moonlight and water? I do, because they touch my imagination...

I think part of the nature of things is that everything has a consciousness - we connect - subtle but real - we may not be connecting on a level we're aware of - we pick up sounds that our ears dont detect, we can act on suggestion from hypnotherapy we have no memory of - we can visualize and 'see' what our eye lense doesn't physically detect - an attribute of the mind keeps our conscious awareness focussed singularly, but with that 'single point of focus' the power of intention and consciousness may very well activate, detect, or interact on other level 'internally' without our being able to pick it up through our 5 senses. It is not 'without our knowledge' - we are aware but we are not 'conscious' of it.
In other words - we are constantly aware of other things going on around us at a physical level, but also on other levels (less obvious, but still detectable to our super consciousness) we are interacting on many levels at once but our conscious level is single point focussed.

So why would we not effect and and interact at some point with every other 'consciousness' in existance - even our topic matter - the complex (but percieved as simple) 'crystal?

We have memory capacity - the ability to recognize, restore and retrieve data - does other consciousness? 'Memory' as we interpret it, does not need a pysical container, such as a body to be stored or retrieved. So it doesnt sound that outlandish to impress a 'thought' wave, charged with mind qualities and attributes, powered by the fuel of intent, (transmitted) towards another object, and to be detected and be recieved by another object, nor that the other object cannot process and translate that form of energy, or not be effected in some capacity from it.

Our emotions are involved - they are a source of energy (fuel) E = Energy + motion ... Energy in motion.

Just focussing on your intent to do something about your coughing, 'healing', I think puts things in motion - crystals or not - but 'action - with intent to perform a specific result, purposefully focused' with the belief (suspension of disbelief) that it will work - strengthens that action and expectation - your thoughts are doubtless - or clear - no blockages no waves of interference.
This would work with any object as long as you by-pass, supress or suspend disbelief. Your will plays a part in this too -
But to place the thought 'energy' into an object which you believe will help or assist you, and is structured to transmit your intention - even in some cases magnify it - will certainly 'power' that intention to some form of manifestation. (whether its the outcome you want specifically is very dependant on you and the variables associated with such an action).

The minds patterns are created, formed and transmitted waves of electromagnetic impulses which travel - they are detectable and real - maybe we have the impression that these waves or energy is only contained within the body - but they radiate out from us - each and every thought, beyond us and travel. We also recieve those 'other' transmitted waves - We are part of the whole connectedness - physics as we know it does not just work for some things and not apply to us as well - on a very basic level Im refering to here - a thought does not loose its quality or attributes - so Im not sure how exactly they work, but that using these methods will and does have some impact on crystals (or whatever the focused tool is - a talisman - a statue) at a subtle and humanly physical undetacable level - even to the point of creating the manifestation or desired outcome.

So we cleanse with the intent to remove memory residue, or de-programme and make a clear uninhibited vessel for new memory (thought impressed) storage.

We, as the 'animal' species, are not the only 'consciousness' wrapped in a body - the 'mind' of the Universe (god) is in everything and is connected.

:)

'Sometimes the only difference I detect between the aniaml human consciousness and other conciousnesses' is that - we get to go shopping, and they dont. lol!! :p *Elven makes feeble attempt to lighten up the post*

Just another thing - which crystals are harmed by salt and water?

and another thing ... and then I'll shut up ... wasn't the Star trek US Enterprise fuelled by Tri-Lithium crystals? I wonder if Captain Kirk had to cleanse and programme those :p

Im outter here

Blessings
Elven x

delizt

Elven said:

Polished malachite for one, it's soft and got scratched up...and Selenite melts! and jewelry with silver settings gets all pitted....

there's more, but that's what I learned by my "mistakes"

Milfoil

I don't cleanse mine through sheer lazyness and neglect (awwww) but to be honest, I havent noticed any difference AND I don't think I am knowledgeable enough about them to know IF I made any difference either.

However, I have cleansed a tarot deck that seemed to get bogged down and that worked. Maybe its just the power of suggestion but whatever it is it works.

Elven

delitz said:
Polished malachite for one

Is malachite classified as a crystal?

Im sorry - heres me refering to crystals as in quartz based ... but I found a passage in a book and wanted to share the use of quartz for wave transmission and reflecting of light ...

The Mineral Industry NSW No 18:

The piezoelectric properties of untwinned rock crystal (pure quartz) are used in measuring and controlling the frequencies of radio waves, as well as the mechanisms of some accurate clocks, (LCD), in the underwater signalling devises, and in submarine detection. Quartz is also used in the lens systems of microscopes which use ultra-violet light light instead of ordinary light, in order to gain greater resolution, and in the prisms and lenses of spectrographs (used for spectrum analysis)

Pure quartz has an application regarding frequency waves.

Im am so not a geologist, scientist or physicist ... please correct me if Im out of line or place including this stuff here ... I just got all enthusiastic :bugeyed:

... and Im still not sure if its serious or woo-woo!! :p

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

Elven said:
Sodalite - for sure! Like Delitz, I learnt that one the hard way. I don't think Sodalite goes shopping, either - but I suspect Lapis does. It always looks so - glamorous! ;)

Sophie

Elven -

Malachite:
Cu2 [(OH)2CO3] - classified among carbonates, nitrates and borates
Hardness: 3 1/2 - 4 Mohr
Density: 3,75 - 3,95
(bet all that really makes the shopping an attractive alternative to crystals :D)

It's generally found near copper seams.

I understand and agree about the interconnectedness of things - but crystals seems to have specific properties, energetic properties. Quartz is used to power watches, after all. So the cleansing - in theory - should be addressing these properties. Because why only cleanse one's crystals or other magical items? Why not leave your clothes or your photographs out in the moolight? Why not my pen, which is at least as important and magic to me as my stones? Or books - some books are deeply meaningful to people, and we use them to soothe ourselves or others, to gain courage or joy or to remind ourselves of a cause. Why not cleanse and charge them?

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this cleansing business. It's full moon period, and from tonight, for the next 3 nights, I'll be leaving my stones outside in the moonlight and the dew. Like sharpchick and delitz, the very image of stones and crystals, pure in the moonlight and water, delights my imagination.

But I'm nowhere closer to understanding whether it is actually necessary for the specific energetic qualities of the crystals to operate.

ZenMusic

Are these seriously useful methods, or just woo-woo? I've always done it - since I acquired my first crystals

seems curious to me that .. IF one works with crystals one can question cleansing

(working with crystals is certainly woo-woo if cleansing is )

why only cleanse one's crystals or other magical items? Why not leave your clothes
have you not noticed the feel of new clothes? Could you wear new cloths without washing them etc? takes a few times and wearing a few time.. then they are mine...

books .. especially used books have strong "personalities"

and crystals are especially strong in holding vibrations of previous environments...

if i hold a person's watch , i'll see images of their life ,, hear conversations they've had etc..