Yves Reynaud Decks - Which one do I choose?

Le Fanu

Well I have BOTH and without the slightest hesitation I would yell from the rooftops; The Madenié.

Of course I love the Chosson etc etc but there is just something about the Madenié. I have no analytical proofs of anything but it just has some extra magic that I cannot put my finger on.

I have three Madenié decks :D and rounded the corners on one and it feels even more beautiful and right. It is - for me - the definitive TdM and I love it more and more each day. I have tried to get to the bottom of what it is that doesn't make me love The Chosson quite so much and I have no idea.

De-cornering the deck has no effect on the cardstock whatsoever. It makes it feel more compact and handles more comfortably and just feels more useable. It seems to make the deck breathe and beg to be read with.

delizt

It is - for me - the definitive TdM and I love it more and more each day.

I wholeheartedly agree on Le Fanu's comment regarding for Madenie....for me it strikes the perfect balance between the neatly re-drawn decks (such as the Noblet) and the facsimiles
(such as the Heron Conver)...it's coloring and lines are, in my opinion, the most elegant of all my TdMs making it my favorite

Le Fanu

I just got the two decks out side by side to see what I come up with (wondering whether I had overlooked some charms of the Chosson and whether I should get a back up if stocks are dwindling.)

The Madenié has bolder lines and more saturated colours. The images are unmistakably old and yet they are very clear and sharp. The Chosson, much as I like it, has a lot of blotches and smudging and blots. It also strikes me as very similar to the Convers whereas the Madenié is new enough to bring freshness for me when reading. It all depends on what a person responds to in an antique deck. If you like smudges and stuff, you'll prefer the Chosson. I just find that it has a little too much interference in the images for me to love it unreservedly when placed next to the Madenié.

Madrigal

Bonjour Elinne and all,

Two three things to know:

Chosson is close to be sold out.

Madenié is next to be sold out.

By mid JUNE this year 2015 two additional decks will be avaluable via my website.
HERI 1718 and Claude BURDEL 1751. Watch out !!

http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/english/index.

Madenie lover here :D

The Heri 1718 deck is glorious...l'Ermite, oh my! And the expressions on l'Imperatrice and La Papesse, the eyes, so evocative. I shall be looking out for this one.

delizt

Madenie lover here :D

The Heri 1718 deck is glorious...l'Ermite, oh my! And the expressions on l'Imperatrice and La Papesse, the eyes, so evocative. I shall be looking out for this one.

that's the next on my list!!

Yves Le Marseillais

Three languages for HERI and BURDEL decks

Hello all,

In fact 1500 decks of HERI and BURDEL will be provided with two versions presentation cards:

English and French 1500 copies
Or
German and English 1500 copies

Because this Tarots was originaly produced in Alemanique Swiss regions: Solothurn for HERI and Fribourg for BURDEL.

If you prefer a German or French version just informs me when you order your deck(s).

Salutations from Marseille City

Yves LM

garmonbozia

Hi Yves,
Which parts of your upcoming decks have a language choice? Are you talking about just the boxes and title card, for example, or are you talking about the titles on the cards themselves?

Yves Le Marseillais

Presentation cards versions

Hi Yves,
Which parts of your upcoming decks have a language choice? Are you talking about just the boxes and title card, for example, or are you talking about the titles on the cards themselves?

Bonjour Garmonbozia,

I just talk about the two presentation cards who informs about cardmaker and/or tarot who is inside box:
HERI and C.BURDEL will have either one English + one French presentation card or one Germann + one English card added in their respective boxes.

Following decks will go back to usual two presentation cards system:
One English + One French presentation cards.

Cards titles will always remains as per originals and boxes indications will always remains in two versions French and English.

Best,

Yves

Sherryl

Bonjour Elinne and all,
Two three things to know:
Chosson is close to be sold out.
Madenié is next to be sold out.
Yves, does this mean US Games is also almost sold out, or are you referring to just the decks you are selling yourself.