Chrysalis tarot companion book!

magpie9

What you said !!

Linfang

Any more feedback? I'm still hesitating buying it...

Essjay

I've just had notification that my book won't be sent until April!

Linfang

Thanks for your reply, so I'll wait :)

Le Fanu

The Fool's Dog app has the "full text from the book" option. It may well be the same. Certainly a cheaper option if it's just a matter of a few cards.For example, there are 3 paragraphs for the Divine Child (i.e. a Major) and two smaller paragraphs for the Six of Scrolls (i.e. a Minor).

Linfang

I think the app only contains the original booklet, since it hasn't been updated since 2014...

Rosewater

Going by the sample chapter shown on the Chrysalis website, it's more about the design and illustration of each card rather than an expansion of the meanings given in the LWB. I'd be interested to see reviews once more people actually have the book.

Essjay

My book is on the way so I'll pop,back with feedback soon :)

Barleywine

I probably won't get the book. I learned immediately that I can't corral some of the imagery into my stable of "saddle-broken" tarot truisms, so I just have to let my intuition fly and treat it as an oracle deck. I've had some remrakable results using it this way, but it's an approach no guidebook will be of any use for,

Terrapin

It's an interesting mix for me. I use a lot of RWS meanings with this deck, but enhanced, modified, adjusted, altered with Toney Brook's shadings. I love certain card's advancements like the 8 of mirrors (selflessness), 3 of mirrors (compassion), and Death (Ariadne). This is a fun, but deep deck; I have to take just bits of his ramblings at a time. Probably will never fall completely for his version/vision of tarot, but very insightful, challenging and shaking things up a bit. Sharpens the chops.