3 of swords as romantic feelings

unicorndancer

Very well put!!

exactly what im going through! love can certainly knock you around.

WalesWoman

Another thought based on the image in Druidcraft, the swords may cut, but the tree is strong and will heal, growing around the scars. Love hurts, as well as heals, and you can't be too tenderhearted or take too much to heart...

When a relationship is new and the person very much on your mind, it hurts not to be around each other, makes a bittersweet longing, makes you want to cry, makes no sense, makes you realize everything you have to lose, makes you realize how painful not having them in your life would be. It's imagining what it would be like and the heartbreak it would cause.

So now would be the question if they are willing to risk having their heart broken or hardening their vulnerabilities or taking this to the place of healing and growing from this.

.traveller.

Another view on the Druidcraft 3 of Swords, that a friend came up with. She's just learning and doesn't have any preconceptions of what the cards are "supposed" to mean, and she saw the stone heart as a foundation or support. Through further thought and discussion (the three swords), old wounds may begin to heal, aided by the strong foundation of love.

starrystarrynight

DreamerGirl81 said:
So I got this card in "does he have romantic feelings for me" position.
I surmise you are taking it out of the context of a larger spread, which may alter its meaning; but as a stand-alone, I would say, no he doesn't have romantic feelings for you. He may not be in a relationship now, but this card suggests to me that he still has romantic feelings for a past love that he is not revealing to anyone (maybe not even himself), and for him to enter into a romantic-type relationship with someone else would make him feel as if he is betraying his true love.

Pao

Nytebugg said:
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.” - Neil Gaiman

wow how beautifully heartbreaking is this quote!!!! i love it!!!

SirRushing

I think 3 swords for romantic feelings means different things depending on the type of relationship.

If they unhappy or bored, then it means they want to have an affair.

If they are happy, but scared in the relationship due to past hurts and insecurities, then it means that they feel painfully vulnerable in the relationship.

Fostha

His only intention is to hurt you,i see nothing nice there at all.

full moon

full moon

Hello everyone... This is my first post. Im more of an observer than a poster LOL but wanted to give It a try.

3 of swords as romantic feelings. I have also got this card in a one card spread for someone's romantic feelings for me. Being that me and this person have been together for 3 years and I know he truely cares for me , even love me and there has been no resent disagreements,

The 3 of swords is saying the person feel rejected by me. He feels hurt due to seperation and a lack of intimacy. We haven't been spending much time together due to my very busy schedule for the past 2 weeks. He brought this to my attention.

Therefore, He has romantic feelings for me and presently is feeling sad due to the seperation and lack of intimacy between us. Perhaps in your situation the person feels for you but is feeling sadness because there is distance between you two . Perhaps the person is not feeling that emotional connection which is causing heartache. I hope I was able to shed some light on your reading.