Astrology and Lenormand

214red

I have Steinbach's book and she applies planets to some of the cards. She uses Mercury for the rider and the letter.

thats interesting, thats a start of the discussion right there, there is always a confusion to between the signs and the planets.

so how do you feel the letter works with mercury in an astrological sense?

I find the letter personally a bit more reliable, it is what it says on the tin, its a message, communication. i am not sure i could see the letter as mental processes though, but on the mystical is delivered by a dove which is a symbol of peace and love, so there is a messenger of sorts.

lord_ewin

so how do you feel the letter works with mercury in an astrological sense?

I'd say it links into messages and how mercury is a messenger for the gods... But...

214red

i think i agree with the letter being a better tie to something more specific. it could even lean towards gemini, or 3rd house stuff?
i also think the letter is a bit more trustworthy for me. also mercury is the messenger but not the message, because its funny that usually i find the rider turn up to say its a person or 'its on its way' rather then there is a message. to me the rider brings me something or someone

214red

I think that's a great way to describe the difference. The rider is so often someone coming into your life, and that hits on mercury completely. Whether it's a person or a message, it's something come to you. It's all about movement, which is a large part of mercury, especially when you look at how mercury retrogrades affect everything from communication to travel.

The letter is more documents and written materials. It can be a message received, but it could also be signing a loan agreement for a new house. It's much more narrow than the rider. Gemini can be pretty indecisive and up in the air (my mother's a gemini and drives me nuts sometimes), and I'm not sure how indecisive the letter is. Maybe the 3rd house is more applicable.

but also aries could be for the rider too...
that popped into my head when we are talking about the rider as a person who bets bored easily etc, and usually they are bright...

214red

I think aries is more stubborn, while the rider is fickle and flighty.

Does aries cover communication or news? To the best of my knowledge, I can't recall that it does. However, you're far more the expert.

I can type post Steinbach's astrology correspondence for the cards.

i dont think he covers enough of the criteria, so unless the message is about war i thiink we can count him out!

i would love the steinbachs ones if you could, i also have a book at home somewhere will very traditional meanings in, will try and find it and type those up tomorrow or something