Samhain Deck of the Bastard - 2nd

Linfang

Wow, Seven did it! I just placed my order for the 2nd edition, having sadly missed the first one. Though it is not the original I think the new borders look great. I also like the fact that she added keywords, this might give some new insights. Can't wait to hold them in my hands, hurry printer ;)

I received Seven's Mail at 5:30 am this morning, just getting ready to get up. Ordered before having my morning coffee. I think it is an amazing thing that I remembered my Paypal password!

So, thanks Seven!

Kevin Andrew Murphy

I ordered as well

I jumped in as well. I was really wanting this deck. I'm not certain how much I like the new style compared to the old, but it's very pretty and will go well with my Samhain Lenormand.

Essjay

Oh no - I thought I was on the mailing list but haven't had an email? Arghhh!

FLizarraga

Oh no - I thought I was on the mailing list but haven't had an email? Arghhh!

Well, me neither, and I'd like to think I got her started by complaining repeatedly and loudly on several threads... :-(

I only found out because I went to her website to buy a Lenormand --which, sadly, will have to wait-- and of course ordered my SDOB on the spot, despite the (minor and inconvenient) fact that I cannot afford it!

agviz

The new borders look great, especially in that the elements within often straddle the edges to give an extra layer of depth. I really should see the deck in person before saying this, but I have a feeling this might be my favorite work of hers yet. We'll see...

truelighth

Oh wow, thanks for posting this Linfang. Otherwise I might have missed it again. I got one ordered for sure. Yah!

FLizarraga

Mine arrived in yesterday's mail. It is gorgeous. Up close, the back designs is one of the nicest I have ever seen. It looks like faded, battered gold foil, although there is no actual gold foil in it.

The borders are quite large, and the illustrations smaller and darker than in the regular DoB. Theoretically, that shouldn't work too well, but it does. The borders actually make the illustrations pop and crack and sizzle (the Devil looks like he's jumping out at you) and the whole "dark and mysterious relic rescued from a fire" theme is nothing short of eldritch. The card stock is top notch, as one has come to expect from Seven.

Side by side with my regular DoB, they are like day and night. It would be interesting to compare it to the first Samhain edition, which I don't have. Well done, Seven!

Linfang

Wow, lucky you. I am still waiting for mine, it really seems to take longer than usual this time. Hope it will be here very soon.

FLizarraga

Wow, lucky you. I am still waiting for mine, it really seems to take longer than usual this time. Hope it will be here very soon.

I ordered mine the very first day, and it came straight from the printer, if I remember correctly. So yes, it's taking a long time. Seven said two weeks, it took about three. It's worth the wait, that much I can tell you. :-D

Linfang

Yeah, ordered mine about 30 min after Seven sent the first mail. If you could post some pics that would be great :)