Opinions on Golden Botticelli Strength Card

karen0205

RE: The Golden Botticelli Tarot by LS

I am not sure what this card is showing, any opinions?
What is she doing? I don't want to make suggestions,
just what are your opinions?

Attachments

• Golden botticelli Strength.jpg
    Golden botticelli Strength.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 143

FLizarraga

If that were a bronze lion and she were holding a duster....

Myrrha

It looks like she is holding a lily, and using it to dominate the lion. Maybe symbolically she is using purity to dominate animal passion? Or is the lily the lion's dessert after he eats her fingers?

reall

it looks like she is pushing lion muzzle down and rising some flower up? and at first i was thinking she is about to hit lion with that flower!^^ lolz but then it lookmore like you can't have this/that not belongs to you but up!^^/ to move it out of his reach?:)) maybe to prevent beast from ruining something fragile? or body desire to ruin purity of the soul?:)))
now im curious what lwb say?:))

@Myrrha like that comment!^^ lolz ;))

nisaba

<grin> I've always seen her as holding his mouth open with one hand and beating him to death with a flower, with the other. The body-language has strength and speed in that downward thrust.

Sorta like the thread of "being nibbled to death by friendly ducks" or "being licked to death by the dog".

karen0205

it looks like she is pushing lion muzzle down and rising some flower up? and at first i was thinking she is about to hit lion with that flower!^^ lolz but then it lookmore like you can't have this/that not belongs to you but up!^^/ to move it out of his reach?:)) maybe to prevent beast from ruining something fragile? or body desire to ruin purity of the soul?:)))
now im curious what lwb say?:))

@Myrrha like that comment!^^ lolz ;))

Little white book says:

Control, Courage, Intelligence triumphing over brutality, Impulsive, rash

MissChiff

Looks like she is about to lay the smack down on the lion....no no no bad kitty!

Electric Maenad

"NO! Stop eating my houseplants! Bad lion!"

reall

Little white book says:

Control, Courage, Intelligence triumphing over brutality, Impulsive, rash

:))) hm,,, I was expecting more info on actual painting! facepalm oh well,,,,

Desecrated

Botticelli, Madonna with lilies and eight angles