Decks with Linen Cardstock

Scarlet Woodland

Hiya all,
I've recently fallen completely in love with the fabulous cardstock Seven Stars uses. Partly because it's just plain lovely, but also because I've discovered I can actually riffle it which I've never been able to do properly before. It springs perfectly back into shape and seems incredibly resilient. Consequently I've been wondering...

What other decks use linen cardstock? I know of the Antiquarian and of course all the beautiful Seven Stars decks but can't think of a way to search for others. Do you have any linen decks? :)

lark

The poker size Alchemy Edition Playing Card Oracle deck has linen card stock.

Scarlet Woodland

The poker size Alchemy Edition Playing Card Oracle deck has linen card stock.

Those are stunning thanks for pointing me to them... such a lovely story behind them as well. Did you find the poker/pocket sized large enough?

RiverRunsDeep

Some other linen decks:

Deirdre of the Sorrows
Ritual Abuse
Il Lombardi Danneggiato by Duck Soup Productions (the bordered edition)

lark

Those are stunning thanks for pointing me to them... such a lovely story behind them as well. Did you find the poker/pocket sized large enough?
I love the size it is perfect.

Yelell

I have a couple "linen" decks, but I'm not quite sure what it means. Is it that sort of small grid on the surface? (From the ritual abuse tarot - not sure if the picture is understandable) I guess I don't understand how and why it's different.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 523

shadowdancer

Deirdre of the Sorrows was my first experience with linen.

That is a different feel to the current self-printed linens. I believe she had it printed in France.

My Tarot of Innocence is also on linen cardstock. I suspect many more self-publishers are choosing that option.

Davina

Scarlet Woodland

Some other linen decks:

Deirdre of the Sorrows
Ritual Abuse
Il Lombardi Danneggiato by Duck Soup Productions (the bordered edition)

Ahhh the one with the dishy older gentleman as devil ;) I've been thinking about the Il Lombardi Danneggiato but forgot there was a linen option. Will have to pull out some of my pip decks and see if I've improved at reading with them yet.

Weirdly loving the Ritual abuse... both seem very reasonably priced as well. Might have to see if I can persuade someone to use their paypal for me :)

Must have a look at Deirdre of the Sorrows and Tarot of Innocence. Again paypal but where there's a will there's a way.

Scarlet Woodland

I have a couple "linen" decks, but I'm not quite sure what it means. Is it that sort of small grid on the surface? (From the ritual abuse tarot - not sure if the picture is understandable) I guess I don't understand how and why it's different.

I'm probably the last person to answer this usefully on the technical side but I just find it more flexible, more resilient, more water resistant (ever washed your jeans with money in the pocket?) and feels like it can be thinner for the same strength.I like the literal weight of a linen deck too... there's something really satisfying about it :)

Theoretically it should mean that the card is made with cotton or linen fibres, either instead of or mixed with paper but there ends my knowledge... am sure someone here can answer properly.

nisaba

Luigi Scapini's LUKUMI deck. And I believe the Nameless Tarot comes in either smooth or linen. :)