Holistic Tarot - Benebell Wen

MissChiff

Having reached the part of the book which works through each of the 78 cards in detail, I wondered how I was going to absorb all this information or work through it in a systematic way. And I realized that if I started Thursday (day before yesterday) reading in detail and underlining important information with margin notes etc, then I would finish (based on a card a day) by Halloween, 78 days away.

This seemed to me a good plan, so that's what I'm doing. Tomorrow is the High Priestess.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else wanted to follow a similar plan - if you want to brush up your tarot knowledge, you can read a card a day from this book - or even from Duquette or Rachel Pollock's Tarot Wisdom - and be finished by Halloween. I'm always so busy that it gets difficult to dedicate myself to huge, ambitious blocks of reading and study but doing it this way enables bite-sized pieces with a clear finishing line in view!

I was curious if you were going to use the worksheets she created on her blog? Or just the book?

Le Fanu

Just the book. And a pencil!

gregory

I can't stand other people's worksheets. They never include what I want them to, and have loads of stuff I don't want :) I even had to make my own for the 78 card study here (though jmd kindly added it to his list for use :D)

MissChiff

Thank you Happy Squirrel...

The Happy Squirrel

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439852323.520025.jpg

Teheuti

I met Benebell at BATS and went to her presentation on the meanings behind the Chinese characters for fortune-telling and divination. First, I liked her very much and hope to see and hear much more of her in the Tarot community. It was a really wonderful presentation. As a result of her research and preparation for the talk she has really expanded her (and now our) understanding of both fortune-telling and divination. She has come to accept her Tarot work as doing fortune-telling, given the deepest Chinese understanding of what that is.

Kudos to a person who is willing and eager to grow and learn and who has a wonderful way of teaching others.

Carla

I have been reading this book and I am finding it a valuable resource. I don't read a lot of tarot books these days, but this one is really worth owning. A wealth of information, some of which will be a revision for you, some of which will give you a new perspective on some long-held beliefs or techniques, and some of which you may not have heard of yet. I'm very impressed with how much work and attention to detail has gone into this hefty tome.

MissChiff

I think every Tarot enthusiast should own this book...

eolian

I really got a good vib about this book from her vibrant personality on a youtube interview with daily tarotgirl and i have been sitting on the fence debating buying. I ran it by the cards and my deck gave a nod to the yea, so i bought the kindle edition this morning. I am looking forward to a long enjoyable read this fall.