The Hierophant as feelings

Laurelle

For me the Hierophant represents doing the "right thing". So it's not a feelings card per sea. And they can't all be. The context is important.

This person may feel like they love you, but they are prohibited by cultural reasons, so they don't marry you. They do the "right thing" and marry the girl that their families set them up with.

But the Hierophant also is about that inner voice, the inner calling to do something. It's clairaudience. It's hearing the truth, so there is a spiritual union, a cosmic bond that cannot be broken. They may feel something very intensely and extremely profound.

In general, in a love reading, it's not the card I'd like to see for a feelings position. I would definitely look at the surrounding cards. It's not as easy to interpret as say the Two of Cups for feelings, ie, "Yes, they definitely like you a lot."

Laurelle

Just my two: for me as FEELINGS this often comes up when person feels like 'this person's at my feet'. It's more not about hierophant but about these two figures kneeling in front of him worshiping him. The person in question feels that the other person admires them deeply and is at their feet. Deep admiration but from the distance because none of these two figures don't even dare to dream of relationship with the hierophant. Platonic/ideal/idealistic love from afar I would say. Deep admiration from afar.

I like this interpretation a lot. Thanks for sharing. It reminds me of the 3 of Pentacles and how the other person is looking down on the other two people, but in the Hierophant's case you are saying it's a good thing because it comes with deep admiration. I like that.

And I think that's my main idea about this card as feelings, is that it usually just indicates a feeling that may not lead to a romantic union.