Transformation clarified by Wisdom and Destiny?

CCTheGreat

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are some interpretations for "Transformation" as a where he's head is at in the future? Seeing as this is the death card in RW I drew some clarifying cards. "Wisdom" hierophant and "Destiny" wheel of fortune.

Other than the obvious "it's over" interpretation for this card (which I didn't think of when I saw it, we're so in love) because the card has a butterfly on it and it literally brings on the feeling of emerging after a time asleep or something.

I interpreted this as a change or growth in our relationship, wiser and more structured (makes sense as he's currently travelling and our communication has been frustrating ad hoc) and the Destiny card makes me feel that I really don't need to worry. That since the moment we met it was meant to happen.

I felt good about this reading until I researched online and now I'm freaking out :(

gregory

As I said in your reading thread (and you hadn't even mentioned the butterfly there - but I did !) - I think it's a change of phase, is all. An emergence of a new pattern.

Thirteen

The future is in YOUR hands...

I'm wondering if there are some interpretations for "Transformation" as a where he's head is at in the future? Seeing as this is the death card in RW I drew some clarifying cards. "Wisdom" hierophant and "Destiny" wheel of fortune.
Death does say that *something* is over. There's no getting around that. The caterpillar is gone, right? If he wasn't gone, you wouldnt' have a butterfly. That's what the Death card, whatever you call it, is all about something ends so something else can take its place. That may mean that the whole relationship is over...but it can also mean someone saying "It's time to stop being boyfriend-girlfriend and become man-wife." In A lot of relationships, a person will say, "I want to be married. If you don't then we have to split up...." So, one way or another, the relationship ENDS and something new begins. Either new relationships or a relationship where the two are married.

"Wisdom"--which I think is a TERRIBLE name for the Hierophant. Very misleading. It should be "tradition"--supports this. AS tradition, the Hierophant would want the two of you married. He is the card of cultural norms and practices, and would want the relationship to change so that it was more traditional. And the Wheel of Fortune ISN'T destiny either. Again, what a misleading name. The Wheel is "luck." Something that brings you up or down.

And by the by, the fact that you laid down two clarifiers indicates that you're way too worried. Keep this is mind for the future. People lay down clarifiers and THINK they're saying: "Oh, Tarot cards, I don't like the answer you gave me! It worries me. Please tell me you didn't mean it that way!" But what you're really saying to the cards when you laid down clarifiers is: "I don't understand what you said, could you say it again." If I said to you "Your guy told me he wants to leave you." And then you said "Say that again..." Do you think you'd get a different answer from me? No. So laying down clarifier after clarifier isn't going to change the answer. What you need to do instead is not freak out over certain cards (like the Tower, Death, etc.). All cards have positives. All have negatives. Take the situation into account. You say in your YR post that the two of your are in love. Do you REALLY believe he's thinking of ending things? Or will think that? I don't.

As you did lay down clarifiers, you now have to ask, "What do they all have in common" to know the answer to "what on his mind." Answer: what is on his mind is a change in the relationship. "Transformation." He doesn't want the status quo any more. He wants more. Wants the old to end, wants the untraditional to go traditional, wants the wheel to turn. That is what is on his mind. And that's not bad. That's simply him thinking, "It's time to go to the next level." Which puts the future of the relationship in YOUR hands. You know what's on his mind now. Do you want it, too? Are you willing and ready to go to the next level? You're the one who will decide if it "transforms" or "ends."

CCTheGreat

It confirmed what I already knew

Thank you for your input, Thirteen.

Firstly, I have to say I'm laughing because I feel like I've been scolded but in a good way!

"It's time to stop being boyfriend-girlfriend and become man-wife." In A lot of relationships, a person will say, "I want to be married. If you don't then we have to split up...." So, one way or another, the relationship ENDS and something new begins. Either new relationships or a relationship where the two are married.

Well, marriage is a little much (early) for us considering how young we are (who knows, I wouldn't say no if asked. Hold on, he sort of already did). But a deep commitment is probably not that far off in all honesty. We have a lot of plans for the future and they're all on hold due to our distance. This distance is temporary, and we're currently planning on seeing each other soon. We're also making plans beyond this too. I doubt he has an intention to end it when he talks about being old together and which mountains we should climb (literal mountains).

What you need to do instead is not freak out over certain cards (like the Tower, Death, etc.). All cards have positives. All have negatives. Take the situation into account. You say in your YR post that the two of your are in love. Do you REALLY believe he's thinking of ending things? Or will think that? I don't.

I think this is the biggest take away here. I think I can forget to take the situation in hand. Being worried (like you said 'waaay too worried') makes it impossible to accurately read or received the message sent by the cards. I'll keep this in mind for future readings, regardless of the question. You're totally right about not being afraid of 'scary cards'. The tower for example usually makes me hopeful.

Answer: what is on his mind is a change in the relationship. "Transformation." He doesn't want the status quo any more. He wants more. Wants the old to end, wants the untraditional to go traditional, wants the wheel to turn.

Again, it's not really rocket science and completely makes sense in the context of our conversations and the things he's been saying to me. Which means you're right when you say
Which puts the future of the relationship in YOUR hands.

I think beyond this question of us, there's this acceptance that I'm both the author and reader of my own story and I shouldn't get caught up in this idea that I don't have a say.

You know what's on his mind now. Do you want it, too? Are you willing and ready to go to the next level? You're the one who will decide if it "transforms" or "ends."
Do I want it, yes. The only thing holding me back is fear and I'm kind of sick of it.

Thank you.

PAMUYA

Death/transformation, is entering a new phase, the honeymoon phase ends moving into really learning about, adjusting, and growing with each other. Hierophant for me is not necessarily wisdom, it is knowledge and tradition. Living the daily grind, with it's ups and downs (wheel of fortune). Learning how to transform your relationship to life, it's daily dramas and adventures with compassion for each others needs.