Ace of Cups question(s)

Cascade

I've been pulling this card a lot lately, so I decided to really look at it. Two things I never noticed before...What are the dangling jewels/bells that hang around the bowls' base? Also, why doesn't the water, as it spills out of the chalice, make any movement on the pond. Just curious, thanks.

Julien

Hi Cascade,

Which deck are you using?

Thanks. Julien

mike gorth

Do you want to know what the card means? If so, in what position do you want it interpreted for?

Or do you just want to know the symbolism for that particular deck?

Cascade

ace of cups

Hi Julien, I'm looking at the RWS and I know the meanings and most of the symbolism, Mike, but I never noticed those things before. Perhaps my readings might have been different had I known if these were important. And I think they are. It takes a lot more patience and a steady hand to draw a straight line on top of another over and over. I think it was deliberate that the pond has no ripples. Have you any references to these? Thanks

psychic sue

Maybe no ripples in the pond means that the waters of love are calm. Love in its purest form is totally altruistic, asking nothing in return. That's how I see it.

huredriel

How about that Aces are viewed as seeds, so here it could be saying that you are emotionally ready for something new. No ripples could mean that there is yet no movement forwards?

Cascade

I like all those answers and they all fit. and I'm already visualizing a face for the 2 of cups person. Thanks. "nother question/confusion....in Waite's pictorial key he says FOUR streams pour forth from the chalice. What is the fifth 'stream' on the card?

rcb30872

I've noticed the bells as well. If I had to say anything then the bells would be there to get one's attention in a sense. I mean, you have those bells that you hold in your hand, like a town crier, walks through the street saying "hear ye" and whatever else. And on a larger scale, are the bells that you have in churches. Bells are there for you to sort of signify that there is something you need to pay attention to, or at least announce something.

MariposAzl

I agree. Some people say when they met the person that was "the one" they heard bells. This card being pulled in a relationship reading could signify that kind of meaningful relationship or moment when someone first realizes they've found someone who could be "the one".

re-pete-a

RING..RING..,,,,,,,,,RING..RING.. errr,,,its for you!!!

MariposAzl said:
I agree. Some people say when they met the person that was "the one" they heard bells. This card being pulled in a relationship reading could signify that kind of meaningful relationship or moment when someone first realizes they've found someone who could be "the one".

there's more truth in that than you realise............RINGING is heard when love is contacted,,,,a bit like ringing ears,but much, much higher,it fills the head as an attention grabber,once heard, never forgotten.............the sound of truth and love,or true love as you stated,.....That's why they're small and hanging on the bottom of the bowl of the chalice(RWS) (very high pitched)

Notice also that the bowl of the chalice is EMPTY,that has lots of meanings
EG;open heart,mind, etc, etc...