"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

Wendywu

Wot - sleep when there's a scrummy deck on the horizon - he's gotta be joking :laugh:

Alan Ross

I shouldn't be spending any more money on tarot decks right now, but I couldn't pass this one up. I ordered the light deck, standard. It's going to be my Christmas gift to myself. (Of course, I'm not going to wait for Christmas before opening it :).)

Alan

sapienza

I'm afraid I don't like these at all. The coloured one seems very computer generated to me. The sepia one is probably the better of the two but even so, isn't it just ANOTHER RWS clone? I'll be very interested to hear what people think once they have it in their hands though.

< Leaving thread quickly now before abuse starts >

Le Fanu

Yep, it's another RWS clone, but with a bit more panache than most (at least it seems so from the scans)...

I just woke up and saw how the thread has grown! The stampede is happening! I just ordered one copy of the Dark and one of the Light. Am I right in thinking the deluxe is the same deck, just with a spread cloth to match the sofa? LOL.

Photokat, I hope you're got yours. It would be awful if you drew our attention to this and the deck ran out before you got confirmation.

I sent him the email he requested, one Dark, one Light. I quite like the artwork. It doesn't look computer generated to me. It reminds me - especially the Light one - of those 1920s-30s decks, like The British Tarot, Thomspon Leng, Knapp Hall (the list one, only slightly), the bold art deco, children's storybook primary colouring.

I said in my email; I bet you see now what a powerful lobby the Aeclectic Tarot forum is :D :D

There may be boobies but that male nude in the 2 of Wands is consolation enough :D

I love the fact that the 6 of Cups is the Page of Cups grown up!

Now to wait for confirmation *drum drum*

Wendywu

His address was in the email (in case you wanted to send a cheque, I suppose). I think he's in Colorado (is that what Co is abbreviated to?) I don't know what time it is there ....

I don't care if it's a clone - it's different enough to be interesting in many ways, and I vastly prefer the images to the standard RWS which has never really been my cup of coffee. It's not so computer-y that it intrudes (for me) and I just wish I'd had enough to be able to order the Light deck as well, but there are too many calls on my bank account at this time of year.....

thorhammer

sapienza said:
I'm afraid I don't like these at all. The coloured one seems very computer generated to me. The sepia one is probably the better of the two but even so, isn't it just ANOTHER RWS clone? I'll be very interested to hear what people think once they have it in their hands though.
It's alright, hon, you're allowed to express a non-standard opinion :laugh: Me? I don't mind the "dark" one, although the skulls are just gag-inducingly-tryhardish, IMO. But the light one is just nasty, I think. I wish the pics were bigger so I could see if it's really as bad as it looks from a distance! It looks like the Connolly and the Hanson-Roberts got together and made a test-tube baby ROFL.

I'll get the "dark" one, I think, but surely not the "light" one. That's just nasty.

\m/ Kat

Lee

I decided not to get this. The artwork looks great but those skull-cups are just silly.

Le Fanu

Lee said:
The artwork looks great but those skull-cups are just silly.
When I used to go into the Umbanda/Santeria shops in Rio to buy stuff, they had these cups in the form of a skull for rituals and spell-casting. The cups remind me of those. I quite like them...

Nina*

Le Fanu said:
When I used to go into the Umbanda/Santeria shops in Rio to buy stuff, they had these cups in the form of a skull for rituals and spell-casting. The cups remind me of those. I quite like them...
Me too. I guess, to me, they are simply ''design''.

Dusk Till Dawn

I think too that by the end of the day, those Decks might be gone. He might not get any sleep at all?